1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True. $341 shipped is great.
But after customs and carrier fees it becomes over 400€. :cry:
Still cheaper than the European resellers though!
Ahhh I forget you all have those customs fees and such. Damn. I’m kinda kickin myself for ordering this second batch last month since they made this so cheap. Yep could cancel and start over but would likely lose my down payment of $75. HT must have made a ton and aren’t selling of rescue, Iron Patriot and the BD85 for the prices to be $260 or less on all 3

Ahhh I forget you all have those customs fees and such. Damn. I’m kinda kickin myself for ordering this second batch last month since they made this so cheap. Yep could cancel and start over but would likely lose my down payment of $75. HT must have made a ton and aren’t selling of rescue, Iron Patriot and the BD85 for the prices to be $260 or less on all 3
Yeah, the sales must have been really poor. The endgame hype is long gone...

Yeah, the sales must have been really poor. The endgame hype is long gone...
Way too late to the game to cash in on the Endgame hype is definitely a factor, but I think this also illustrates how much extra markup was in those original pre-order prices. Mark 85, Iron Patriot, Rescue, Thanos etc - they were never actually $500 figures but Hot Toys and their retail partners thought collectors would pay whatever they asked. Now we’re seeing some of these figures going for 40% less and they’re still not selling them at a loss.

thats a pretty nice price with TW, had to remind myself i points and a coupon on sideshow to make this about 100 out of pocket from sideshow otherwise id look into that

I’ve definitely stayed away from TW lately because the shipping just kills any deal, but this is definitely the exception. Sure I have to wait and don’t get the shield, but at $350 shipped vs $500+ from Sideshow? I’ll take it!

I’ve definitely stayed away from TW lately because the shipping just kills any deal, but this is definitely the exception. Sure I have to wait and don’t get the shield, but at $350 shipped vs $500+ from Sideshow? I’ll take it!
Same, I was going to wait for sideshow, but when you consider the end price from SS, the TW price is hard to beat.

I considered eating my NRD at BBTS, but if anything is wrong with the fig I think I have a better chance handling it stateside.
Yea that for sure is the gamble right there. Part of the reason I haven't put the order in, but still strongly considering it. With SS, if something is wrong, it's usually pretty dang easy to get a replacement. Never dealt with TW before so no idea how difficult it would be to get a replacement. And having to ship something back would be a PITA.

Same, I was going to wait for sideshow, but when you consider the end price from SS, the TW price is hard to beat.
I bit, too. With a little coupon they had previously given me, the final price comes out to be $150 less than what the final price would be from Sideshow. Nobody’s gonna top that. Now I just hope they’re being honest about the May/June delivery and it doesn’t become Nov/Dec.

Way too late to the game to cash in on the Endgame hype is definitely a factor, but I think this also illustrates how much extra markup was in those original pre-order prices. Mark 85, Iron Patriot, Rescue, Thanos etc - they were never actually $500 figures but Hot Toys and their retail partners thought collectors would pay whatever they asked. Now we’re seeing some of these figures going for 40% less and they’re still not selling them at a loss.
They never cost anywhere near what we pay. Hot Toys has a markup to pay for license fees, engineering, factory costs, employee wages, etc and have enough left over for profit. Resellers have to factor in shipping (that has gone up 300%), Rent, wages, etc and have enough left for profit. I would not be suprised if an average HT figure costs them anymore than $100 to $150 to make. Iron Man figures would be much higher due to RDJ likeness rights being higher and these being much more complex to make.

Is it possible to get shipping estimates from Toys Wonderland before creating an account or completing the order? I don't see the option.

I would almost consider it, but I’m out of collecting Marvel. I have a few figures I haven’t been able to sell off or haven’t tried to. Tempting though..

Is it possible to get shipping estimates from Toys Wonderland before creating an account or completing the order? I don't see the option.
They’ll show you the cost of shipping in Hong Kong dollars before you finalize the order, which you can convert on google, but you may need to create an account to get that far.

ToysWonderland is most certainly padding the cost of shipping to compensate for their “sale” price, but even with them charging $90 for DHL 3-4 day shipping the final price still works out in the buyer’s favor.

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge with Toys Wonderland. With a coupon and reward points, this figure came out at ~$335 USD total including shipping. That's a pretty good deal considering the Sideshow price would end up being around $500+ after shipping+tax. I'm guessing someone canceled their order or TW added more orders, b/c when I looked earlier, the site said it the PO's were sold out and I was kicking myself for not deciding sooner. Decided to check the site when work was over and showed it was available again, so I felt if I was going to order, I should go ahead and do it before it sells out again. Could've been a ploy like Sideshow does with the "low inventory" status, but didn't want to take the chance with a deal like that. Fingers Crossed I don't have any defects with it.

Back