1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is the authorized distributor for North America and Europe. They give authorization to their retail partners to sell Hot Toys. So stores that have a business relationship with Sideshow like BBTS, Timewalker, Alter Ego, and many others are properly authorized.

Which is important for the consumer when getting help with figures and replacement parts.

Likewise, there are other authorized distributor/retail partner relationships in other territories like IKON and Popcultcha in Australia.

Sellers out of Hong Kong are different. Typically they just buy from Hot Toys locally to resell. Hot Toys products are cheaper there, and they're not paying any distributorship or licensing fees so they've formed a business out of their proximity to Hot Toys.
This is what keeps me from buying from HK sellers. Might be faster, and sometimes cheaper...but if something is wrong with your figure, Sideshow is under no obligation to help you. And good luck getting customer service from the HK seller or Hot Toys directly.

This is what keeps me from buying from HK sellers. Might be faster, and sometimes cheaper...but if something is wrong with your figure, Sideshow is under no obligation to help you. And good luck getting customer service from the HK seller or Hot Toys directly.

I agree. And not only is Sideshow under no obligation to help you, but they would have zero reason or motivation to. Asking them would be pretty ridiculous. :lol

Granted some of those HK sellers are decent with customer service; at least to the level of maintaining their business and trying to retain customers.

But I am more comfortable going through retailers that have a proper business relationship with the distributor and manufacturer. Plus a lot of the people that run authorized retail shops in the US are nice, hard working, and passionate about what they do.

They've really gone to bat for me sometimes in the rare cases issues arose. I want to support them even if it means paying a bit more.

Has Toys Wonderland had any of that type issues/claims? That's not to say that TW can't just up and vanish out of no where, but it seems there were warning signs for the Nippon Yasan website that maybe ppl ignored?
I would say that asking for cash up front in exchange for deals that seem too good to be true could be a warning sign of a company in trouble, yeah. Everyone who pre-orders from them should keep a very close eye on those Iron Patriot orders that are supposed to arrive in March for $230. It's possible everything's fine and these are designated loss-leader products that get newcomers hooked and coming back to spend more, too. But people should watch closely. Then of course there's the whole thing with their website being wiped off the internet a time or two.

I agree. And not only is Sideshow under no obligation to help you, but they would have zero reason or motivation to. Asking them would be pretty ridiculous. :lol

Granted some of those HK sellers are decent with customer service; at least to the level of maintaining their business and trying to retain customers.

But I am more comfortable going through retailers that have a proper business relationship with the distributor and manufacturer. Plus a lot of the people that run authorized retail shops in the US are nice, hard working, and passionate about what they do.

They've really gone to bat for me sometimes in the rare cases issues arose. I want to support them even if it means paying a bit more.
Yep these are all solid points. Trying to get a replacement from a Hong Kong seller would be a pain and they'll likely stick you with the return shipping fees which if it's a large heavy item is going to wipe out a whole lot of $20 previously saved here and there.

I would say that asking for cash up front in exchange for deals that seem too good to be true could be a warning sign of a company in trouble, yeah. Everyone who pre-orders from them should keep a very close eye on those Iron Patriot orders that are supposed to arrive in March for $230. It's possible everything's fine and these are designated loss-leader products that get newcomers hooked and coming back to spend more, too. But people should watch closely. Then of course there's the whole thing with their website being wiped off the internet a time or two.

Very understandable. But the full upfront as I understand it (and could be wrong) was only if you wanted the sale price. If you wanted to do the installment plan with the NRD, then you couldn’t get the sale. So, with that, I don’t really see how it’s shady. You have the choice on how you wanted to order the item from them. And at the end of the day, for those of us that did order, decided the sale was worth the risk. No one is forcing us to order it from them just b/c they have it at a lower price. We saw the sale and tried to make an informed decision based on the information we had which is all anyone can do.

I mean no offense to anyone, but if you as a buyer already have a sinking feeling in your gut and are going to be anxious about it until it’s in your hands, then maybe it wasn’t a good idea to put an order in with TW to save some money? Might be a good idea to try to cancel if you can if it just doesn’t feel right anymore. As someone who’s ordered a bunch of KO Transformers and figures from different overseas sites including taking random chances on AliExpress when I’ve lost all hope for finding what I’m looking for, I just don’t worry about these things until there’s reason to worry. Now, if all of sudden there are the very obvious warning signs like what seems to have happened with that Nippon Yasan site, then yea, I would definitely start a claim to get my money back immediately. As it stands, ordering upfront with TW is no different than ordering upfront with my local shops here in Dallas, as they also take money upfront and offer absolutely no help when things go wrong :lol

Very understandable. But the full upfront as I understand it (and could be wrong) was only if you wanted the sale price. If you wanted to do the installment plan with the NRD, then you couldn’t get the sale. So, with that, I don’t really see how it’s shady. You have the choice on how you wanted to order the item from them. And at the end of the day, for those of us that did order, decided the sale was worth the risk. No one is forcing us to order it from them just b/c they have it at a lower price. We saw the sale and tried to make an informed decision based on the information we had which is all anyone can do.

I mean no offense to anyone, but if you as a buyer already have a sinking feeling in your gut and are going to be anxious about it until it’s in your hands, then maybe it wasn’t a good idea to put an order in with TW to save some money? Might be a good idea to try to cancel if you can if it just doesn’t feel right anymore. As someone who’s ordered a bunch of KO Transformers and figures from different overseas sites including taking random chances on AliExpress when I’ve lost all hope for finding what I’m looking for, I just don’t worry about these things until there’s reason to worry. Now, if all of sudden there are the very obvious warning signs like what seems to have happened with that Nippon Yasan site, then yea, I would definitely start a claim to get my money back immediately. As it stands, ordering upfront with TW is no different than ordering upfront with my local shops here in Dallas, as they also take money upfront and offer absolutely no help when things go wrong :lol
Weeellll I wasn’t anxious about it until after I placed the order and they charged me the total cost up front, which it was not made clear they would do. Followed by them pushing Instagrammers to advertise a good deal on Goblin pre-orders that, surprise, also require giving them $385 up front for something they don’t need to deliver for 18 months.

I’m not saying it’s shady. I’m just saying I want to see my one current order fulfilled before I’d consider placing any additional preorders with them.

Weeellll I wasn’t anxious about it until after I placed the order and they charged me the total cost up front, which it was not made clear they would do. Followed by them pushing Instagrammers to advertise a good deal on Goblin pre-orders that, surprise, also require giving them $385 up front for something they don’t need to deliver for 18 months.

I’m not saying it’s shady. I’m just saying I want to see my one current order fulfilled before I’d consider placing any additional preorders with them.
It might not be shady, but the Goblin example is definitely risky. A lot can happen to a "company" like this, which is probably a dude with a storage facility and web site. If he becomes unprofitable and folds up his tent in 12 months, no way anyone gets that $385 back. I have an Axel Foley preordered through them and honestly don't remember if I pre-paid or not. I mean, it's $160 so I'm not as concerned as I would be if it was pushing $400 bucks. I've ordered a few in stock items from them with no issues but again, not being shady does not equal not being risky.

You have 6 months buyer protection with Paypal so worse case, just contact Paypal and get a refund.

Ive had to do this when TW didnt ship out my MAx Nut TS head sculpt.

I got my refund.

Last edited:

I 100% agree with you. Just want to be clear that I am in no way saying that you or anyone shouldn't be cautious with them or any other site. The Green Goblin bit is a little sus considering how far out that release date is and I definitely think that's when common sense should maybe chime in over "oooo savings!" But, I guess for me, the difference is that this figure has had its first or second batches already released so it feels like less of a risk and more likely to come out around the expected date than Pre-ordering and paying full upfront for something over a year away if not longer from delays. At the end of the day, we all decide what risk we're willing to take. For me, this is the better deal as I plan on combing it with my regular Mark 85 and selling the parts I don't want. So, spending the least amount possible has been the goal, and I was willing to take the chance. Obviously, I want all of us to come out on top with our PO's shipping later this year. All I'm trying to say I guess is that I'd rather be cautiously optimistic since I have no reason to believe otherwise, than feeling doom and gloom about the whole thing wondering what the catch is :duff

You have 6 months buyer protection with Paypal so worse case, just contact Paypal and get a refund.

Ive had to do this when TW didnt ship out my Nut Piz TS head sculpt.

I got my refund.
There wasn't a Paypal option during checkout for this Iron man figure, at least not for me.

Last edited:
It might not be shady, but the Goblin example is definitely risky. A lot can happen to a "company" like this, which is probably a dude with a storage facility and web site. If he becomes unprofitable and folds up his tent in 12 months, no way anyone gets that $385 back. I have an Axel Foley preordered through them and honestly don't remember if I pre-paid or not. I mean, it's $160 so I'm not as concerned as I would be if it was pushing $400 bucks. I've ordered a few in stock items from them with no issues but again, not being shady does not equal not being risky.
That’s exactly it. In stock items, no problem. But I would advise against anyone being thousands of dollars invested in pre-paid purchases from a guy with a website and a storage shed, as you put it.

Selling pre-orders at unbelievable prices in exchange for cash-up-front is something to keep an eye on. We know what these figures roughly cost at retail in Hong Kong and it’s a lot more than what some of these sale prices are advertising. I’m sure they’re padding their shipping fees but not by that much.

The dude who runs TW probably has an issue with free cash flow and sees this pre-order "deal" or "scheme" (depending on how you look at it) as a great way to essentially get a crowd-funded 0% interest loan. It's a genius idea on his part so I don't blame him for implementing it.

Like @Gipetto0812 said, at the end of the day you are all making an informed decision and assuming all the risk, which is no different than the guy (sucker) voluntarily giving the street hustler money to try to win at their rigged game.

This whole thing seems kinda fishy to me, but that's my own opinion...because like others have stated TW can just fold shop and disappear with your money since at the end of the day he's just some guy who buys up a bunch of inventory and you re-buy from him. He is not an LLC or a legitimate small business and moreover there is no oversight or accountability whatsoever.

I just took a scroll through instagram where I follow a lot of hot toys photography pages, most of them are hong kong/asia based
and boy I swear towswonderland has 90% of them on payroll, as soon as the goblin pre-order went up for TWL they all advertised it with a $15 usd coupon

I just took a scroll through instagram where I follow a lot of hot toys photography pages, most of them are hong kong/asia based
and boy I swear towswonderland has 90% of them on payroll, as soon as the goblin pre-order went up for TWL they all advertised it with a $15 usd coupon
Because TW is giving out free Hot Toys in exchange for promotion, like shown here: Toys Wonderland

The dude who runs TW probably has an issue with free cash flow and sees this pre-order "deal" or "scheme" (depending on how you look at it) as a great way to essentially get a crowd-funded 0% interest loan. It's a genius idea on his part so I don't blame him for implementing it
Yeah it definitely has all the makings of a need-cash-fast scheme on TW’s part that raises a lot of questions as to whether it’ll catch up with them and get us all burned at some point. They’re not an official distributor which means the least they can possibly be paying for the figures is what they cost at the cash register in Hong Kong, Right? So are they obtaining their stock by other questionable means, or are they so desparate for cash-on-hand that they’re selling future pre-orders at a loss just so they have money today?

Last edited:
I’ve done quite a bit of business with TW the past 2 years and had great luck, even when I got a Mail figure with a bad headsculpt. They sent me the replacement sculpt first.
That being said, with the current state of the world and how China can move in on places like HK or Taiwan I’m likely no longer going to order anything from them unless it’s in stock. I do still have several figures on order with them but once those are complete, that’s it

Not to completely derail the thread, but after doing a little research, looks like that Nippon Yasan has been doing some shady business for awhile though with many customer complaints about being scammed and not answering CS requests, etc.; so, it almost begs the question as to why ppl would still trust them to put orders in if there were already a lot of reports of their shady dealings before? For my part, I've never heard of them so I don't have any skin in the game, genuinely curious.

Has Toys Wonderland had any of that type issues/claims? That's not to say that TW can't just up and vanish out of no where, but it seems there were warning signs for the Nippon Yasan website that maybe ppl ignored?

When it comes to Toys Wonderland, solely basing my reason to order by the feedback on the forum here, it seems like a good chunk of fellow board members have had good experiences with Toys Wonderland, so I'm not too worried. Sure, there's always a little anxiety when ordering from not only somewhere new to you, but out of the country you're in as well can add a little more to it. I guess for me, I'm not going to yell fire until I at least see/smell smoke

I used to use Nippon-Yasan only when for some Japanese SH Figuarts exclusives, every other reseller would cut off orders early but they'd take preorders up to near release. So they did suck but they at least were an option.

I stopped buying from Toys Buying Agent when they got rid of the 20% down option, but when I was doing it, I basically looked at it as I was saving about 10% from buying domestic. I've really had hardly any issues with Hot Toys, so I figured as long as I came away with less than 1 problem figure in 10 I'm doing better. Most issues aren't full value problems either unless it's a headsculpt thing or something.

Not to completely derail the thread, but after doing a little research, looks like that Nippon Yasan has been doing some shady business for awhile though with many customer complaints about being scammed and not answering CS requests, etc.; so, it almost begs the question as to why ppl would still trust them to put orders in if there were already a lot of reports of their shady dealings before? For my part, I've never heard of them so I don't have any skin in the game, genuinely curious.

When it comes to Toys Wonderland, solely basing my reason to order by the feedback on the forum here, it seems like a good chunk of fellow board members have had good experiences with Toys Wonderland, so I'm not too worried. Sure, there's always a little anxiety when ordering from not only somewhere new to you, but out of the country you're in as well can add a little more to it. I guess for me, I'm not going to yell fire until I at least see/smell smoke
With NY it was probably the perfect storm with COVID, the only order I had I placed in late 2019, supposed to ship mid 2020. Shipping from Japan was halted then, so the order was delayed indefinitely. They were responsive for a while, but by late 2020 they just stopped responding to me. By then though the payment was over a year old, so paypal and also the card I used offered no recourse.

People that were still ordering in the last year have largely gotten their money back, because its clear that the entire site is literally gone and the company has dissolved, their payment processor is refunding that stuff when asked. People with older pre-orders, that ordered and made payments when things were still "fine" and NY had a good rep are just screwed.

My advice with TW or any other potentially teetering sellers: if you do have a pre-order with pre-payment, don't ignore those minor delays that will take you past the buyer protection time limits. Be willing and ready to cancel and chargeback if it gets close, or else you're on your own

Ive been using TW for years now and never had an issue. They replaced and sorted my Hawkrye when the zip was broken and paid/ sorted everything inclduing picking the fig up from house. That was back when you could talk to them from instagram chat though, now its harder i find but i managed to get my £200 back when they dropped the price of this figure recently. Talking of which i had another email stating its due end of Feb then 10 minutes later my tracking info and that its shipping 🧐

This will mean it wont be handed to DHL til next week i expect though but means its imminent at least!

Back