Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At long, long last I’ve finally received my payment request for Luxury Legolas from Asmus. Only $25 extra tacked on for fedex shipping so can’t really complain about that- unless they burn me for customs etc which will throw an additional £60 on top…

Thanks to DakRen for the above post because, without it, I may have just dismissed the balance email altogether. It just looks like a scam or general spam the way it comes through but I googled HiTRUSTpay Tech- due to the amount of stuff I buy from Asia and Ren’s post came up to ease my concerns.

I would much rather a PayPal invoice but at least I should remember what to look out for in future.
Yes, it's great to know your case has been settled down. Thank you for your patience to deal with the payment and the HiTRUSTpay is used for credit card payment by us indeed as I know. Hope you like it while you receive your Legolas. Cheers.

Contacted PopCultcha today to check the ETA. They were pretty fast to respond which was appreciated. They cited shipping container/international shipping issues for the delay, which is fair enough I guess. Couldn't give me an actual ETA though. Oh well, allows me time to pay off some Christmas debt in the meantime (and pre-order Arwen 2.0 :clap ). 2022 is gonna be a pretty big LOTR year for me!

Is it possible to buy the standard Legolas from Asmus directly?
I can only find the deluxe with the diorama.

Love that Sideshow created a tracking number for me on Friday but it still hasn't left their warehouse yet. Quickly remembering why I stopped buying from them primarily.

I just spoke with Cindi at Sideshow. The obvious answer to our waiting: Legolas is in the SS warehouse; ready to be shipped. UPS is having a manpower shortage. So it's just a question of when they can get someone out there to collect the figures to ship.

Finally got my Legolas today from Sideshow! I've been waiting for so long and was so excited to get this in hand. I'm a new collector and don't have many pieces yet. I got the diorama setup and was blown away! It's huge, weighty and beautiful! I put my Frodo up there and he looked so tiny. Haha! Then I pulled Legolas fresh from the box and put him on the stand with him. Looked good but I had to outfit him with his gear!

I gently popped off his head (just like I did for Frodo) to put his cloak on. Got that fitted and went to carefully put the head back on. I didn't want to damage him so I was careful. I've had experience with other socketed figures before so I didn't want to cause any issues. No go. Wouldn't socket. I took a closer look under a light and there seems to be a small crack in the "bowl/joint" it sockets into. Now I have a headless Legolas. Brand new. Super bummer.

Am I screwed? Any tips? I'm early into my collecting journey and this is a little discouraging. Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 76
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 75
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 77
Try heating up the neck with a hair blower and then pop the head back on.

I highly recommend that you heat up the neck and hands, before trying to remove them. You don't want to break a wrist pin when swapping out the hands.

Back