Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The delay on this is getting crazy. This was a September release. I hope Rovi can provide some insight on what’s going on. Transparency is good even if it’s bad news.

As I know we did ship the batch to Sideshow in Sep/Oct, so the orders from Sideshow please check and follow with them, maybe some batches stuck in US harbor. Thank you.

Yeah, I was hoping he could clarify about the Asmus orders too. Maybe there's a second batch coming and yours is in that? Many other companies do first batch/second batch, might be the case for this figure too.

Well I got a reply from Asmus stating they had sent the invoice in November, but I never received anything either in my regular or spam folder. And seems like I wasn't the only one, so it must be a problem with their email system or something...

I was told if I send more money they’d ship it ASAP. Sent more money a week ago and still no shipment- still think all this feels shady

I ordered Faramir through their sale, it took a few days to ship but I did get it no problem. I don’t know if I’d call Asmus shady, I don’t think that’s fair. Something is definitely amiss but I don’t think they’re shady or I wouldn’t still support the company.

I ordered Faramir through their sale, it took a few days to ship but I did get it no problem. I don’t know if I’d call Asmus shady, I don’t think that’s fair. Something is definitely amiss but I don’t think they’re shady or I wouldn’t still support the company.
Very sad because I ordered Faramir a week or two before the sales, paid shipping and Asmus did not yet ship the figure to me up to this date ...

I love Asmus but reading these forums, they 100% need to hire a few more employees. Orders, invoices, and dispatch of shipments have to be a flawless process if you want to run a successful store.

Yeah, I don't think 'shady" is fair. A little chaotic, disorganized (and occasionally sloppy), maybe. Especially with their direct sales. But they definitely don't seem deliberately dishonest. I've bought tons of figures from them over the years and (knock wood) haven't had any issues. Hopefully they're working on getting their direct sales house in order these days. Hopefully the new website will be a step in the right direction.

Let me say I’m a big fan of Asmus- I’ve added almost every figure of theirs to my collection which is why these issues suddenly cropping up from a well established company are very strange to me- even after direct contact with them and no solution yet- and forgive me but after being taken advantage of by chronicle collectibles and other companies I’m a little weary at the moment

Still waiting for PopCultcha to get this in. Frustrating since Sugo has shown this as in stock for about a week now. Seriously considering switching future preorders to those guys. Was really hoping to have this elf on my shelf for Christmas 🎄😕

2 weeks ago I posted that I got a response from them saying if I approved more shipping they would send my invoice. I told them yes and no invoice. I asked them for an update a week later to which I heard they were on it and I should get my invoice shortly and to contact them if I heard nothing. waited another week and contacted them today. Not sure what’s going on with them but it’s frustrating

2 weeks ago I posted that I got a response from them saying if I approved more shipping they would send my invoice. I told them yes and no invoice. I asked them for an update a week later to which I heard they were on it and I should get my invoice shortly and to contact them if I heard nothing. waited another week and contacted them today. Not sure what’s going on with them but it’s frustrating
I really hope they work on improving their customer support. It would be a shame if collectors lost faith in them and stopped buying their figures. They are capable of producing some really excellent stuff (with occasional QC issues).
Hopefully they can resolve your invoicing issue soon.

Exact same situation here

Yeah I'm honestly getting close to just writing this figure off. It would be a nice one to have in my small LOTR collection, but I haven't been so blown away by the final product pics that I feel like going round and round with Asmus over it.

Finally got my set. Haven’t had a chance to dig into it too deeply yet. Anyone else’s tabs on the ladder not quite fit into the recesses on the wall? Going to have to shave mine down a bit.

Finally got my set. Haven’t had a chance to dig into it too deeply yet. Anyone else’s tabs on the ladder not quite fit into the recesses on the wall? Going to have to shave mine down a bit.
It was a tight fit but I made it work.

Received my invoice and promptly paid! Almost didn’t recognize the payment request because it was from “HiTrustpay Tech” and not Asmus service email. $298 total ($29 for Fedex), wish it was DHL since FedEx consistently delays all my shipments by almost double but then again I did receive Arwen in only two days.
At long, long last I’ve finally received my payment request for Luxury Legolas from Asmus. Only $25 extra tacked on for fedex shipping so can’t really complain about that- unless they burn me for customs etc which will throw an additional £60 on top…

Thanks to DakRen for the above post because, without it, I may have just dismissed the balance email altogether. It just looks like a scam or general spam the way it comes through but I googled HiTRUSTpay Tech- due to the amount of stuff I buy from Asia and Ren’s post came up to ease my concerns.

I would much rather a PayPal invoice but at least I should remember what to look out for in future.

Back