ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think given the curly and unkempt hair, Frodo needed the rooted treatment like this. But Aragorn might be alright even with sculpt hair which would save a lot of money.

Either way, those sculpts are incredible. There’s no reason Asmus shouldn’t be able to product this. Paint job aside, the sculpts should always look this good.

It’s the one I’ve posted twice, unpainted and pre-hair. From Dean Tolliver Studio, formerly Creg Customs.
Yea I was considering posting this. It’s beautiful but I’m sure not cheap to look like this. Is this the sculpt that was shown with Aragorn and Sam? I hope we see the haired Aragorn soon. The painted Aragorn that was shown is beautiful as well.
The Sam head is nearly done. Shane is adjusting the hair color for Aragorn.

i have been watching these from a far. but i always liked these figures just could not tempted my self to buying any of these. the hot toys star wars takes all my attention away.

I will be offering sculpted hair soon on all 3. Looking like I will offer an Orlando Bloom as well.
Will that have sculpted hair? Just wondering how you will go about that for pose-ability's sake. I was going to send the Asmus sculpt out for a repaint but if you're going to make one I might just wait for that instead.

Will that have sculpted hair? Just wondering how you will go about that for pose-ability's sake. I was going to send the Asmus sculpt out for a repaint but if you're going to make one I might just wait for that instead.
There are some flexible resins I can try but for Legolas I was thinking the Asmus route with the open back for adding hair. It should not cost nearly as much as a full rooting job and I would think some customers may even be able to handle it themselves. I'll have to think through it. Maybe I can make an insert that just has hair folded over it that fits into place fo an easy hair add.

Those sculpts are amazing. Part of me wishes I never saw them because I will never own them lol.
This is how I feel most of the time I see beautiful custom sculpts and paint jobs. Anytime I’ve thought about sending to an overseas painter, it’s absurdly expensive for such a small item plus the custom forms etc you gotta fill out along with the potential of it getting lost in the mail. Thankfully, 357partment is considering making a painting course that I look forward to trying out.

"Anduril, Flame of the West, forged from the shards of Narsil.
Put aside the Ranger. Become who you were born to be."
-Elrond
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

New set up for my Asmus Toys Helms Deep Aragorn.

Gave my Helms Deep diorama to Harry [Potter] so Had to think of something new for a display for my Aragorn and decided this seemed fitting.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632274514874.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632274514874.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 84
  • FB_IMG_1632274518462.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632274518462.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 81
  • FB_IMG_1632274521201.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632274521201.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 72
  • FB_IMG_1632274524507.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632274524507.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 80
If they ever do a sculpted hair Aragorn like this, I’m in. Not because I care about the added expense for rooting the hair, I just prefer sculpted to rooted to begin with.

Back