ASMUS TOYS : Aragorn @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I wish I could get those. To have the ultimate version of Aragon and Frodo would be the ultimate grail pieces for me. Sam would come right behind them but I would probably sell off my entire Hot Toys collection (isn’t a lot of figures now) if it got me the Aragorn and Frodo.

Man I wish I could get those. To have the ultimate version of Aragon and Frodo would be the ultimate grail pieces for me. Sam would come right behind them but I would probably sell off my entire Hot Toys collection (isn’t a lot of figures now) if it got me the Aragorn and Frodo.
I feel the same way about the Aragorn sculpt. A grail character that no head sculpt released so far has managed to capture well. I may go all in with the Aragorn sculpt if I can find a good painter that won't take years to complete it.

Only reason I haven't ordered these sculpts yet is they're made for rooted hair. Knowing there's a sculpted hair version coming, I'll wait for these.

DeanShane357.jpg

Something is still off on that headsculpt, think the bridge of nose is too wide. My favorite is the custom Sam so far.

Last edited:
Yup, lower lip/jaw looks to be pushed too far forward. But paintwork and hairwork is fantastic. I still really like the ACI sculpt the best, and I think that one was done by Dean as well if I remember correctly

Do you have any SHand's original sculpt pics?
Sorry still figuring out how to post images with new format. The bigger image reminds me so much of when Frodo tried to give Aragorn the ring. That quiet, caring look that Aragorn has

I don't know if you ever saw it but check out NighT47s customized original sculpt Aragorn in the LOTRs custom section. Fantastic.
aragorn 1.jpg
aragorn 1.jpg

Attachments

• aragorn.jpg
    aragorn.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Sorry still figuring out how to post images with new format. The bigger image reminds me so much of when Frodo tried to give Aragorn the ring. That quiet, caring look that Aragorn has

I don't know if you ever saw it but check out NighT47s customized original sculpt Aragorn in the LOTRs custom section. Fantastic.
View attachment 540129
Now I remember these as prototypes of the first version.
Yes, they look decent.

Excited to get 2 Asmus figures in today.
1 direst from Asmus themselves and this guy from a local distributor.
Alas,straight of the box,Aragorns left shoulder was already loose or popped out.
Can definitely feel a peg at the end of the shoulder,and on trying to place it back in,it just won't.
I havent done anything other than record a video of how limp the arm at the shoulder is.
Awesome figure otherwise.
I've contacted the distributor to see if I can get a replacement as I'd like to keep it for the collection.
Anyone else have an issue for shoulder pops on their figures??
Don't really want to undress him either just to get to that shoulder...
20211210_095152.jpg
20211210_101220.jpg
20211210_095458.jpg

Excited to get 2 Asmus figures in today.
1 direst from Asmus themselves and this guy from a local distributor.
Alas,straight of the box,Aragorns left shoulder was already loose or popped out.
Can definitely feel a peg at the end of the shoulder,and on trying to place it back in,it just won't.
I havent done anything other than record a video of how limp the arm at the shoulder is.
Awesome figure otherwise.
I've contacted the distributor to see if I can get a replacement as I'd like to keep it for the collection.
Anyone else have an issue for shoulder pops on their figures??
Don't really want to undress him either just to get to that shoulder...
View attachment 549773View attachment 549775View attachment 549776
The clothing is actually very easy to take off, it’s worth doing it to see the articulation anyway. As I recall the shoulder is just a ball joint into a socket.

Thanks for the tips guys.
Got him back from the distributor and have since put him on evilbay with Galadrial.
They don't fit the collection unfortunately,as awesome as they are.
Will probs take a hit for them,but all good.

Back