Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asmus

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is fair to say after Aragorn appears in his Helm's Deep look,
we need a Legolas in his epic battle outfit too.

Updates will come shortly.

But apart from the armor and sword.

We will also have a new head (semi root hair like Elrond)

And a luxury edition featuring a bad axx diorama

I like the sound of a bad axx diorama! Will it combine with Aragorn?s in some way or will it be a different part of the battle? Stairs perhaps to recreate an iconic slide?

I think it is fair to say after Aragorn appears in his Helm's Deep look,
we need a Legolas in his epic battle outfit too.

Updates will come shortly.

But apart from the armor and sword.

We will also have a new head (semi root hair like Elrond)

And a luxury edition featuring a bad axx diorama

Helms Deep Legolas YES!!

I really hope you guys will consider a fully rooted hair sculpt though, instead of the semi root like Elrond. I?m sure people will be willing to pay a little more for the perfect Legolas!

Elrond, Arwen and Tauriel are great, but I?m just not a fan of the half and half. It?s so hit and miss. You guys are more than experienced enough to get his hair right, I think it would be a mistake not to put in the extra effort for what could be one of your best releases!

The Legolas sculpt before had a great likeness, intrigued to see if it?s possible you can improve on that. But I think everyone will agree, the shield and stairs diorama is a must!

Amazing news, time to get excited again!

Please make a Haldir to go with him! I would absolutely pick up both to display together.

Haldir and a Berserker (with severed head like the Sideshow PF) are my two biggest Helms Deep wants at this point. Both ought to sell great. I don?t know if it is feasible but a Berserker body that was magnetic to allow arrow shaft attachments would be incredible!

I cannot wait! Even though I picked up Legolas last year since I couldn’t wait. Hoping he has an even better headsculpt, improved tailoring and fully rooted hair! Also yes please make Haldir and/or Galadhrim Elven Warrior and of course we know you guys are making Uruks. What a great idea to focus on Last Alliance and Helms Deep, my two favorite battles!

So excited for this I can complete the three hunters at the battle of helms deep.

Helms Deep Legolas YES!!

I really hope you guys will consider a fully rooted hair sculpt though, instead of the semi root like Elrond. I?m sure people will be willing to pay a little more for the perfect Legolas!

Elrond, Arwen and Tauriel are great, but I?m just not a fan of the half and half. It?s so hit and miss. You guys are more than experienced enough to get his hair right, I think it would be a mistake not to put in the extra effort for what could be one of your best releases!

The Legolas sculpt before had a great likeness, intrigued to see if it?s possible you can improve on that. But I think everyone will agree, the shield and stairs diorama is a must!

Amazing news, time to get excited again!

Unfortunately full real hair approach is still unconquerable at this stage. the complexity of Legolas' braids are far to difficult to apply on manufacture.

The design is not a single braid, it is a twirling of many strains of hair, very hard to do even on a full size head.

FYI: Prime 1 has done it wrong too.

aa390ec3552fbde21f0da49e44329154.jpg
pmlotr-05_a11.jpg

That is awesome news! Hopefully the new head will be available to upgrade the original figure too :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately full real hair approach is still unconquerable at this stage. the complexity of Legolas' braids are far to difficult to apply on manufacture.

The design is not a single braid, it is a twirling of many strains of hair, very hard to do even on a full size head.

View attachment 506580
View attachment 506581

then how about real hair for all the rest of him and just use the molded parts for the braids?

View attachment 506580
View attachment 506581

Ahh that?s sad to hear. Although, a lot of people have done their own custom work, rooting the first release and they look great even with simpler braids. I don?t think anyone would mind if the hair wasn?t 100% accurate? [emoji1696]

:yess: Great news, I need a Legolas for my collection as I wasn't collecting the line when the first one came out. Looking forward to seeing him! :)

View attachment 506580
View attachment 506581

For me personally, you really don't have to go THAT far :)

Yes!! Cannot wait for this one too.

Asmus, is there anyway the deluxe can come with a bonus pre-Lothorlien bow so we can use it with the original release?

Still waiting on Legolas' Daddy with the throne and berry crown.:monkey3:pray:

Tho I'd pick this up, to convert to a Mirkwood Legolas; or convert my other Legolas, and keep this one with Aragorn and Gimli.

Back