Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for bumping this but I saw this on FB today and had to post it. Customizer by the name of Yubin Chu. Amazing what a little paint and a stellar hair job will do.

I always had the opinion that the initial ''cone'' hs modified with rooted hair, was the best likeness to Aragorn so far.
Sadly Asmus new slim hs was not as good as their proto, making it worse than the (modified) 1st one.
I have asked Asmus about selling their new Helm's Deep Aragorn hs alone, with no answer yet.
I hope the 3rd time Asmus makes Aragorn, has finally a stellar hs.

This is exactly what we need for the new Helm's Deep version.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That?s an amazing likeness.

I absolutely love my slim Aragorn likeness though. I definitely prefer rooted hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m not really that crazy about the slim version?s rooted hair. It looks too wavy compared to what it is in the movies. I?ve actually been looking for the head from the other version on eBay for a while now.

bc58a4a14126b6a3b66af94a319810fb.jpg

I found And?ril in the box for my slim version. It was behind the accessory packaging. I?ve had the figure for almost two years now and I never saw it.

Do you think that rooted hair will unstick over the time?

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Looks very good in my opinion. I like the expression, a bit like a very light smirky smile, but still stern eyes. Nice

That looks much better. Nice job finally getting the placement of the eyes the proper distance apart. All of the previous versions had the eyes too close together, giving him a sort of cross-eyed look. The real trick will be getting the irises the right size and placement to keep it looking normal.

Ye I’m gonna want this figure plus an extra head for my slim Aragorn if that’s possible. The one on the table is also giving very strong vibes of accuracy. I can’t tell if it’s the same head or a variant plus a separate in-motion hair piece.

Asmus, does this figure come with two heads? One neutral expression and also the one above that looks more ready for action. That would be perfect. Gonna have to gloss that hair up so it looks nice and wet and filthy.

Back