Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, thanks again! Great info and tips! And your fig looks more and more terrific each time I check it out...!

But what about the blue shirt, brown tunic and the overcoat? Which ones ended you up using? And the pants? And the black belt the scabbard hangs off? Did you mod any of these yourself?

Have you used the same thin ropes that came with the Asmus boots? If not, where did you source those ones? They look awesome, very texturized and in scale!

Finally: are you sure the scabbard looked that green and clean onscreen?

Thanks a lot once more,
m.

The clothing is mostly ACI apart from the boots.
Sword = Asmus
Elven Knife = ACI
Scabbard = ACI
Headsculpt = Asmus
Hands = Asmus (though the ring of Barahir is much more accurate on the ACI)
Elven Broach = ACI I think
Boromir's vambraces = Asmus (they are slightly smaller than the ACI and seem to fit the scale better)
Quiver/arrows = ACI
Cloak = I don't think either company has done it correctly so made my own

I really do love the look of Aragorn in the films - especially his Two Towers look before he changes to the red shirt.

But what about the blue shirt, brown tunic and the overcoat? Which ones ended you up using? And the pants? And the black belt the scabbard hangs off? Did you mod any of these yourself?

Have you used the same thin ropes that came with the Asmus boots? If not, where did you source those ones? They look awesome, very texturized and in scale!

Thanks a lot once more,
m.

I warned you J & B! :lol

I warned you J & B! :lol

Yeah!!!! He warned you man!!! :wink1:

He did warn you against being asked questions about your LOTR custom fig on a forum about LOTR custom figs! You know, real torture man!!! :thwak
Especially considering that it was you who posted your own custom on a public place filled with LOTR fans. My asking questions about it is just reeeeeeally so nonsensical....!
:lol

Ehmmm.... you really mean you are an example of good judgement sonny? Come on. It is that time of the year again. Call back your shrink. Grab the pills. You need them. You know it. Come on.
:rotfl
m.

OK, thanks again! Great info and tips! And your fig looks more and more terrific each time I check it out...!

Thanks a lot once more,
m.

Thanks very much. The shirt, tunic, trousers and overcoat are all ACI. I re-tied the tunic. His belt is the ACI one - stock - I just added to it.

For the boots I just used some string - just regular stuff from a hardware shop.

The scabbard probably wasn't always that green (maybe the real thing started green but wore with use) but I don't tend to weather my figures so I just left it.It looks very green in the picture because I used a large lamp to light it. I matched it as best as I could to the special features.

I did manage to see all of the LOTR swords and costumes in person about ten years ago - they were on display at a museum where I live.

Aragorn3.jpg Strider went on a field trip with me the other day.

Hi

I'm looking for this figure. Aragorn slim of asmus toys. I try to find.... ....but i can't, is out of stock arround all the internet. I read another member he bought in popcultcha the last ...ouchhhhh!!! . Any have informatión of Asmus for a new version? Any know to find without extraorvital prices?

thanks

Hi

I'm looking for this figure. Aragorn slim of asmus toys. I try to find.... ....but i can't, is out of stock arround all the internet. I read another member he bought in popcultcha the last ...ouchhhhh!!! . Any have informatión of Asmus for a new version? Any know to find without extraorvital prices?

thanks

This figure is getting hard to come by. As is Gandalf the Grey. You might find a used one for a fairly reasonable price--and if so, I would consider that fortunate. If you come across one that's new on EBay it may well run around $385, not including shipping. Just a few weeks ago I watched a used Gandalf the Grey go for $385 (not including shipping) in an EBay auction.

Addendum: Try also keeping an eye out on One Sixth Republic's BST (Buy, Sell, Trade) page on FB in addition to the For Sale/Trade forum here.

Thanks very much. The shirt, tunic, trousers and overcoat are all ACI. I re-tied the tunic. His belt is the ACI one - stock - I just added to it.

For the boots I just used some string - just regular stuff from a hardware shop.

The scabbard probably wasn't always that green (maybe the real thing started green but wore with use) but I don't tend to weather my figures so I just left it.It looks very green in the picture because I used a large lamp to light it. I matched it as best as I could to the special features.

I did manage to see all of the LOTR swords and costumes in person about ten years ago - they were on display at a museum where I live.

OK. So, all those items are superior in the ACI version, should I assume?
What do you mean by "special features"?
The ACI overcoat is dark and I like it better, but have you considered that the Asmus one is wired? Cool for "on the wind" poses...

View attachment 446994 Strider went on a field trip with me the other day.

...just like this! This is the greenish Asmus overcoat, and it is posed using the wire. See J&B?

BTW awesome picture right there, matmurdock.

RfC,
m.

Just scored the slim version on eBay for $235.00 man I got lucky because this guy is no where and getting expensive!!!!

The ACI overcoat is dark and I like it better, but have you considered that the Asmus one is wired? Cool for "on the wind" poses...

I wouldn't say superior - they are just my choice when comparing both in hand.
Apologies - special features on the DVD/Blu ray.
I was checking the Asmus coat last night but found it to be very shiny and plastic looking. I am quite boring and tend to go for museum poses most of the time.

...just like this! This is the greenish Asmus overcoat, and it is posed using the wire. See J&B?

BTW awesome picture right there, matmurdock.

RfC,
m.

Thank you. The figure lends himself to the outdoor settings really well.

Just scored the slim version on eBay for $235.00 man I got lucky because this guy is no where and getting expensive!!!!

That's a great price! Preowned? If it was brand new that was a major score. I bought him new a few weeks ago and it cost me more than I was hoping to spend, but it was becoming apparent that he was getting scarcer every day and prices just keep rising.

Yeah he’s preowned but has box and all his items so it’s a great score!! Happy to finally have him.

thats awesome that you got him for a good price. I have a question though, if asmus releases an updated version in the near future, I would assume this version would drop in price considerably right?

thats awesome that you got him for a good price. I have a question though, if asmus releases an updated version in the near future, I would assume this version would drop in price considerably right?

First, Asmus said that they don't have any plans to revisit Aragorn. Also, even if it somehow happened, I wouldn't expect a big price drop. Many figures had a V2.0 version and previous versions are still very rare and expensive.

Back