Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alatar, you will not obtain this look only washing the hair... you have to mod the ugly hairline, but it's very easy to do...
literally anyone can do this
1) detach the head from the body

FRONT

2) separate "face mask" from the rear part of the head... it's very simple, just gently pull it out and it will detach... it's very poor glued from the rear part...
3) take a cutter and work inside the front to gently remove little by little about a mm of silicone, so the head front, when re-attacched, will sit more flush. Working inside you don't damage the skin texture or the paint. You only have to be "patient" and remove the excess little by little, to avoid risk of damage. After that you can proceed on back part of the head.

BACK

4) Just under the front hairline you will see a black rubber portion without the hair... Cut away that as near as possible to the glued hair without remove them...
5)wash the hair with warm water and some soap...
6)glue back the face mask on the head...
done.

Obiously the final result it's not as good as a perfect implant, but it's very easy to do and exeryone can achieve a better result with minimal effort...
hope that helps...
I thought I have seen decent results just by re-styling the hair, but the hairline looks much better this way. Do you happen to have any photos you took during the process?

I didn't take pictures of the process.. But I'm planning today to re-open it to make some adjustment... I will take pictures of the process hoping that helps...

ok, here are the pictures...
please forgive some "rebuilt" images, but i already have done the mod and i don't have originally taken any pictures of the process...
today i have disassembled the head again to do some improvements and here are the pictures to explain the process...

first remove the head from the body
201799893_355059692715345_2776469523163423028_n.jpg

the pull out the face (with your finger) and separate the front mask to the back

202793940_892194124971963_2520378019025240662_n.jpg

now ake the face, and work inside that with a cutter to remove excess silicone fron the front

step 3.jpg

now take the back of the head and remove al the black rubber you can under the hair without damage the implant (i have painted in black the missing part removed yesterday to show what you have to remove)
step 4.jpg

you have to obtain something similar to this

204127920_160773532770675_9198093244625446397_n.jpg

At this point proceed as you prefer... i suggest you to paint a little dark brown line around upper frotn edge, and to wash a little the hairs to remove some glue...
now riassemble the head gluing the parts togheter

DSCF9835.JPG
DSCF9843.JPG
DSCF9844.JPG
DSCF9844.JPG

Last edited:
At this point proceed as you prefer... i suggest you to paint a little dark brown line around upper frotn edge, and to wash a little the hairs to remove some glue...
now riassemble the head gluing the parts togheter

View attachment 529057
Wow thank you so much the photos were very much appreciated!!! You made the figure look so much better and I can't wait to do something similar to mine. Kudos!

This is so super-helpful... Thank you!! :duff

Just one question about "washing" the hair... Can you just get it completely wet and almost just dip the whole head (without the face) in warm soapy water without any hair becoming unglued, and is it then quite easy to re-style again?

Mine has so much gunk in the hair it's almost a rock-solid helmet!!

Last edited:
Hey people,

I have an Asmus Aragorn (NON-slim) with a second headsculpt with rooted hair. The problem is, I don't have the peg to connect the rooted hair headsculpt to the neck. I can provide pictures if necessary, but does anyone know which is the correct neck connector I need for this?
Many thanks!

Back