Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to pick up extra ringed hands if they look better this time. My original Aragorn came with the worst, melted looking ring with super sloppy paint.

@Asmus would you maybe consider to release the Diostand itself in your "Cinematic Diorama" line? I really need one like that, but don't need another Aragorn for now ...please,please! ^_^

How I can comb the hair of asmus slim aragorn to reproduce the look of the prototype photos?

Inviato dal mio SM-G980F utilizzando Tapatalk

Will I have to be afraid about the leather-like jacket? What about flaking, cracking over the time?

I need one Aragorn in my collection and maybe it would be better to wait for Crown release.

How I can comb the hair of asmus slim aragorn to reproduce the look of the prototype photos?

You pretty much have to wash all the glue out and restyle it. I'd separate the hair piece from the face before doing it though (they are easily separated). You'll then need to cut the front into three layers so it 'frames the face'. One layer around the eyes, one around the jaw and the last is the length.

You can see the layers in the attached photo.
880bc09a020b7570893d1d9ed39e2616.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You pretty much have to wash all the glue out and restyle it. I'd separate the hair piece from the face before doing it though (they are easily separated). You'll then need to cut the front into three layers so it 'frames the face'. One layer around the eyes, one around the jaw and the last is the length.

You can see the layers in the attached photo.
880bc09a020b7570893d1d9ed39e2616.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Unfurtunatly too difficult for my ability.
I think the likeness of aragorn in hand is off but in the prototype photos looks really good better than aci (or maybe is the photobquality and the light and not only the hair).
Do you have photos of your with modded hair?

Anyone else who got SLIM Aragorn still content with it?

I am. I still like the look of it better than any of the photos I’ve seen for Helm’s Deep Aragorn.

I like the SLIM head sculpt likeness better than anything else I’ve seen a photo of for other 1/6 versions of Aragorn. And I want his clothing and gear to be that of Strider pre-Helm’s Deep. TBH, also I have to draw the line somewhere on getting multiple versions of characters.

My two nitpicks for this figure are 1) the matted synthetic hair (I guess that’s glue that they applied to hold it in place? Anyway they did the same thing for Boromir unfortunately) , 2) the flimsiness of his coat, which it seems any bend in the elbow will eventually cause to crack. I put him in a bent elbow pose holding his sword with both hands when I first got him and now am basically stuck with it so that the cracking of the fabric at the elbows won’t be conspicuous.

I’m tempted to see if I can hire an artist to put custom rooted hair on the head sculpt...

Also, anyone know if there’s any third party coats for this figure? Similar to Knightmare Batman having a number of third party trench coats, etc.

I would love Strider and hopefully Asmus reissues Slim version or even makes a new one some day. For now Aragorn will just have to be in Helms Deep forever.

Anyone else who got SLIM Aragorn still content with it?

I am. I still like the look of it better than any of the photos I’ve seen for Helm’s Deep Aragorn.

I like the SLIM head sculpt likeness better than anything else I’ve seen a photo of for other 1/6 versions of Aragorn. And I want his clothing and gear to be that of Strider pre-Helm’s Deep. TBH, also I have to draw the line somewhere on getting multiple versions of characters.

My two nitpicks for this figure are 1) the matted synthetic hair (I guess that’s glue that they applied to hold it in place? Anyway they did the same thing for Boromir unfortunately) , 2) the flimsiness of his coat, which it seems any bend in the elbow will eventually cause to crack. I put him in a bent elbow pose holding his sword with both hands when I first got him and now am basically stuck with it so that the cracking of the fabric at the elbows won’t be conspicuous.

I’m tempted to see if I can hire an artist to put custom rooted hair on the head sculpt...

Also, anyone know if there’s any third party coats for this figure? Similar to Knightmare Batman having a number of third party trench coats, etc.
I'm getting my Original Issue+Slim headsculpt in the mail next week. Obviously this thread isn't for those releases, but have you tried washing out the glue and restyling the hair at all? I've heard that people have done it and I'm mighty tempted.

I'm getting my Original Issue+Slim headsculpt in the mail next week. Obviously this thread isn't for those releases, but have you tried washing out the glue and restyling the hair at all? I've heard that people have done it and I'm mighty tempted.

Hmm. Any before and after pics out there, or a video that shows what the results look like?

Yesterday my original aragorn with slim Headsculpt fell of and the face part unglued from the rear half... In this way I saw how it's assembled and noticed that the ugly frontline could be fixed with minimal effort. "Silicone face mask" on the front is very thick and it's glued on another black rubber part (used to glue the hair) that continue 3 mm over the hairline...This pushed the hair back and create a very un-naturale effect. I use a cutter to slowly carve the inside of front mask and remove all the black rubber part under the hairline of the sculpt...i put the head under water and wah out a bit of the gliue they have used to seal the hair... reglue the parts toghter and boom!

we passed from this:
DSCF8999.jpg

to this
DSCF9819.JPG
DSCF9820.JPG
DSCF9822.JPG
DSCF9823.JPG
DSCF9824.JPG

personally i think that it's a HUGE improvement with minimum efforts...
i think that this s still the best Aragorn likeness that Asmus have done...

Attachments

• DSCF9821.JPG
    DSCF9821.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thanks @ghilbertit I’m definitely going to wash the hair then. Still on the lookout for a replacement long coat for him. I guess I’ll post a question about it on One Sixth Republic to see if anyone has already made one.

Thanks @ghilbertit I’m definitely going to wash the hair then. Still on the lookout for a replacement long coat for him. I guess I’ll post a question about it on One Sixth Republic to see if anyone has already made one.
Alatar, you will not obtain this look only washing the hair... you have to mod the ugly hairline, but it's very easy to do...
literally anyone can do this
1) detach the head from the body

FRONT

2) separate "face mask" from the rear part of the head... it's very simple, just gently pull it out and it will detach... it's very poor glued from the rear part...
3) take a cutter and work inside the front to gently remove little by little about a mm of silicone, so the head front, when re-attacched, will sit more flush. Working inside you don't damage the skin texture or the paint. You only have to be "patient" and remove the excess little by little, to avoid risk of damage. After that you can proceed on back part of the head.

BACK

4) Just under the front hairline you will see a black rubber portion without the hair... Cut away that as near as possible to the glued hair without remove them...
5)wash the hair with warm water and some soap...
6)glue back the face mask on the head...
done.

Obiously the final result it's not as good as a perfect implant, but it's very easy to do and exeryone can achieve a better result with minimal effort...
hope that helps...

Back