Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be the best Aragorn likeness I've seen. (And I own a LOT of them.)

I'm 100% buying the figure, but I'd totally buy a second head, too, if you guys offered them. He looks fantastic.

My sentiments exactly. I too have a number of Aragorn sculpts but this looks to be THE best one, so far.

I too would purchase a spare sculpt (or two) if available, to update my other Aragorn figures.

Oh Asmus, I think you’ve done it. Finally someone has captured the Loch Ness Monster of head sculpts. A lot hangs on the paint job now but I have very high hopes and I absolutely love that hair. Sure, rooted is the preference but capturing that wavy, greasy, layered look would be even more work than is going into Crown Series Gandalf.
I hope Aragorn doesn’t also get an essential accessory made into an Exclusive item.

Wow!!! Remarkable! How soon can we expect for this to go up for preorder? I imagined that this was a 2020 figure but based upon where it is in its development should we expect mid - late 2021? I am not complaining...I will take a GREAT Aragorn in 2021 over a good Aragorn in 2020.

Damn I hope not.

Yep I am trying to look at the silver lining but I just started building my Asmus LOTR collection and I was really looking forward to adding an Aragorn this year. Knowing this is coming has been the only thing restraining me from paying ridiculous EBay prices for one.

Asmus...that sculpt looks amazing!! :panic: Can't wait to see it all painted up. :)

Oh Asmus, I think you’ve done it. Finally someone has captured the Loch Ness Monster of head sculpts. A lot hangs on the paint job now but I have very high hopes and I absolutely love that hair. Sure, rooted is the preference but capturing that wavy, greasy, layered look would be even more work than is going into Crown Series Gandalf.
I hope Aragorn doesn’t also get an essential accessory made into an Exclusive item.

:exactly: This! :pray:

I'm optimistic on that Aragorn sculpt! It looks bit like borimir too but Asmus has been doing a good job with heads as of late I'm encouraged and supportive it will be the best Aragorn we have seen from them yet. hopefully the best.

Asmus it might be nice if you can ensure the sculpt under is completely bald and the sculpted hair does not cut chunks into the forehead it would be great as many of us will add real hair, of course though, I understand whatever production methods necessary to have it look right in sculpted form would be the first priority.

Seems excellent !

Asmus it might be nice if you can ensure the sculpt under is completely bald and the sculpted hair does not cut chunks into the forehead it would be great as many of us will add real hair, of course though, I understand whatever production methods necessary to have it look right in sculpted form would be the first priority.

Good point !
:)

I'm optimistic on that Aragorn sculpt! It looks bit like borimir too but Asmus has been doing a good job with heads as of late I'm encouraged and supportive it will be the best Aragorn we have seen from them yet. hopefully the best.

it is not completely bold,
because we sculpted a little back hair on the 2nd layer of the head (so the hair has more depth, rather than just a "flat" hair piece)
but if you chop those hair off, you still get a bold head ?

I will show you a sample to explain what I mean when I have it in hand

Yes,
the sculpting part has completed, the artist is working on the paint job at moment

View attachment 486473

That looks great! I love the hair sculpt on this one. very full and much like in the movie, not to mention the details in the stranding of the hair. The open mouth is a nice change too. I think this gives it a bit more expression.

Are there any possible plans of a rerelease of this aragorn figure with rooted hair?

FB_IMG_1595468189774.jpg

Back