Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Backstage Pass - TF Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Guardians of The Galaxy - Collectible Figurines

Same, but i've got a feeling their holding off on him, hope i'm wrong tho

Yeah, I'm cool with waiting too. But they've stuck to origins more or less and how cool would it be if the was a scene where Nova freed Quill from prison:pray:

I don't want to see Nova in this film, he's one of my favourite characters (Richard Rider that is) and don't think he should be shoe horned in. My ideal scenario would be GOTG could be an easter egg of sorts to the destruction of Xandar, a tiny bit of connective tissue like whilst on any space ship or planet the Guardian hear an SOS from Xandar requesting aid for help against "whatever the MCU equivalent of Annihilus and his Annihilation wave".

Then you could jump straight into a Nova film which starts with darkness and the Worldmind voice speaking of the events, flashes to destruction and death on Xandar cut with a body floating through space, it's Rider, who awakes as he enters the atmosphere of a planet and starts hurtling towards the surface.

The film could focus on Richard Rider now, Centurion Nova-Prime getting to grips with the Worldmind and his new strength whilst chasing after "whatever the MCU equivalent of Annihilus and his Annihilation wave".

Then you could end with the 'force' reaching our galaxy and having Rider being the only one between Earth and this army. Which could go into a small crossover film with maybe Nova and the GOTG and maybe other cosmic characters.

Well in DC's defense, if Marvel still had the rights to X-Men, Spiderman etc, etc I doubt Marvel films would even explore this avenue. The X universe alone could fill a decade and the crossovers, oh the crossover films, Civil War, Avengers Vs X-Men, World War Hulk and so on.

Although I do agree with the statement. DC's higher ups don't seem to have it altogether. Flash over Wonder woman? I think Wonder woman is a way more interesting character than Flash, although I admittedly don't read a lot of Flash. Plus introducing DC's holy trinity before the Justice League film feels right, unless they plan to do something interesting with Wonder woman in the JL film.

DC universe is based on science and technology not myths and legends. Hence all the characters are grounded in reality including how their powers work.

I had to comment.

Off the top of my head.

Green lantern is about space cops with magic rings that project light constructs powerd by Willpower.

Wonder woman is FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH GREEK MYTHOLOGY. ARES AND HADES Are key wonderwoman villains

Arthur Curry is THE KING OF THE LOST CITY OF ATLANTIS, as well as a quasi-king arthur allegory

Zatanna
The Demon Etrigan/Jason Bludd
Green lantern Alan Scott's ring is LITERALY MAGIC
Hellblazer/John Constantine
GENTLEMAN GHOST

MAgic and crazy are part of the DC universe, just as much as any other comic book.

MArvel has already embraced teh awesome insanity of being a comic book.. DC/warner needs to do the same.

LMAO!!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK7Qe1UaGRo[/ame]

I had to comment.

Off the top of my head.

Green lantern is about space cops with magic rings that project light constructs powerd by Willpower.

Wonder woman is FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH GREEK MYTHOLOGY. ARES AND HADES Are key wonderwoman villains

Arthur Curry is THE KING OF THE LOST CITY OF ATLANTIS, as well as a quasi-king arthur allegory

Zatanna
The Demon Etrigan/Jason Bludd
Green lantern Alan Scott's ring is LITERALY MAGIC
Hellblazer/John Constantine
GENTLEMAN GHOST

MAgic and crazy are part of the DC universe, just as much as any other comic book.

MArvel has already embraced teh awesome insanity of being a comic book.. DC/warner needs to do the same.

I meant in terms of movies, their movies are grounded in reality and thus use technology to explain what can be viewed as magic.

I would expect Hot Toys to go the vinyl root with Groot and Rocket Raccoon. Im sure we will get Drax and Star Lord at least. I would expect so much of the merchandising is going to be dominated by Rocket Raccoon.

Its a shame that the only reason Marvel are developing Guardians as a film is because they don't have Spider-Man,X-Men or fantastic Four. We all know as cool as Guardians of the Galaxy is it would never happen otherwise.

Im realy excited for this movie and can't wait to see what James gunn comes up with.

Ive just imagined what the Cosbabies will look like now i need them.

I would expect Hot Toys to go the vinyl root with Groot and Rocket Raccoon. Im sure we will get Drax and Star Lord at least. I would expect so much of the merchandising is going to be dominated by Rocket Raccoon though.

For the kids? Yes.

I would expect Hot Toys to go the vinyl root with Groot and Rocket Raccoon. Im sure we will get Drax and Star Lord at least. I would expect so much of the merchandising is going to be dominated by Rocket Raccoon.

Its a shame that the only reason Marvel are developing Guardians as a film is because they don't have Spider-Man,X-Men or fantastic Four. We all know as cool as Guardians of the Galaxy is it would never happen otherwise.

Wait really? I always thought they made a Guardians of the Galaxy movie because they had to. They showed Thanos at the end of Avengers so they would have to explore the whole cosmic side. Drax and his family were murdered by Thanos and was resurrected with the sole purpose of killing him, and Gamora is Thanos' adopted daughter. It's all gonna connect; Thanos, the Guardians, Avengers 3. The Infinity Gauntlet was already shown in Thor, the speculation is that Loki is gonna steal it in TDW since he's back in Asgard. :panic: You guys think that the gem in Loki's staff was the Mind Gem? I wouldn't be surprised.

this movie is one of those movies where it'll be a big hit or a big miss, the line between the two is very thin. me personally, i'm so anxious to see this movie, just to see how they can pull off such a story. that alone should be interesting. can't wait. depending on how great or bad the movie may be....i may be in for whatever they make. the characters are so diverse and interesting, it should make a wonderful display section of your collection. if hot toys makes the entire lineup it might be unavoidable to get the entire squad.

For this line I will be up for whatever characters they make.

Drax, Gamora, Starlord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon are all instant buys. I will even buy Nebula, Yondu and even a Nova Corps Officer. Any character from this line is bought.

Instead of getting X-Men, Spider-Man and GOTG movies we would only get Spider-Man and X-Men. So thank god Marvel don't have X-Men or Spider-Man.

Instead of getting X-Men, Spider-Man and GOTG movies we would only get Spider-Man and X-Men. So thank god Marvel don't have X-Men or Spider-Man.

They're better off without The Avengers, moreso the X-Men. Save Wolverine and Spider-Man until they made a New Avengers team with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Ms. Marvel, etc. What we do need in the main MCU is the Fantastic Four though.

They're better off without The Avengers, moreso the X-Men. Save Wolverine and Spider-Man until they made a New Avengers team with Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Ms. Marvel, etc. What we do need in the main MCU is the Fantastic Four though.

images

2lmlxme.gif

i3xl5j.jpg

Back