Any news of future OT Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue devils

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was trying to stay away from TFA line from Hot Toys, and stick with OT figures. Captain Phasma changed that and I broke down and PO'd her. Now I am thinking of collecting the entire line. My question is... Has anyone heard of any future releases of OT figures from Hot Toys? I would hate to tie up my cash on TFA and then see them come out with OT stuff.

One or two OT releases might not hurt, but if they go all out and release seven! then I would have a hard time keeping up.

If I remember correctly, Jack Bauer (a very reliable insider) hinted at both an ROTJ emperor and a Bespin Luke 2.0 on the horizon. Correct me if I am wrong about that.

He definitely mentioned Jedi Luke. I think that one is definitely coming and people have been mentioning a lot about a Bespin Han.

I think he also hinted at a Degobah Luke with Yoda, and quarter scale droids, though he didn't specify that the droids would be from the original films.

I'm totally down with yoda, the emporor, and bespin and rotj lukes other than that I can't think of any OT figures I'd want....a 1/6 land speeder...maybe sand people...a bantha.....but that's it!!!

Bespin Luke please, so I don't have to pay absurd prices on Ebay and Jedi Luke will more than likely be a day one pre-order.

Bespin Luke? The DX07 is perfect. Can't think of anyway they could improve on that set.

So many more characters to make before he should be remade.

Surly there will be more OT characters to come from HT. Yoda, the droids, imagine HT take on Jabba with his throne. The Gamorrean Guards, the bounty hunters, Jedi Luke.... Man I could go on & on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn`t want another jabba the cost would be high specially the throne. I have the sideshow versions of both and that`s good enough for me

I don't think they need to go too deeply into the OT fil ms. All these background characters would be priced just as high as the main characters.

Degobah Luke and Yoda would be great.
I think we should also see a Lando, Jedi Luke, Bespin Han, Endor or Hoth Leia, The Emperor, R2D2 and C3P0.

Kinda strange seeing a thread asking if there will be more OT Star Wars figures from Hot Toys at a time when Hot Toys are pumping them out one after another after another. I think it's pretty safe to say there will be more. Star Wars and Marvel are now the only safe assumption, it's everything else that's in doubt.

Last edited:
I'm still hoping to see Bespin Lando, Emperor on throne, Royal Guard and Jedi Luke announced. Degobah Yoda and Luke would be great. I guess Slave Leia is not going to happen though.

Kinda strange seeing a thread asking if there will be more OT Star Wars figures from Hot Toys at a time when Hot Toys are pumping them out one after another after another. I think it's pretty safe to say there will be more. Star Wars and Marvel are now the only safe assumption, it's everything else that's in doubt.

To be fair there are only 4 more announced OT figures to come that are on preorder. Luke, Leia, Sandtrooper and Boba Fett. The rest are all ST figures.

Back