Any news of future OT Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope these guys unlike their OT counterparts (well on the most part) prove themselves to be a quack shot...

I'll get my coat :lol :rotfl

These guys look good, not sure if I will pick them or the sole Trooper up as I have the SL on order and if I were to buy more I think it would be one or both of a Flame and Snow variant, though need to consider how I will display them especially alongside Kylo and Phasma.

The figures I would like to see from HT from ESB would be Hoth/Falcon Leia, Falcon/Bespin Han, Vader and either (or both) a Hoth Snowspeeder Luke and a Bespin Luke... with apparently only 2 figures being on the (current) cards from ESB I don't know who out of that I would pick, probably Han and Snowspeeder Luke.

SS are doing a pilot Luke so that one may not happen any time soon, though the Speeder version least has snow boots and he used his lightsaber so there are selling points there.

That's pretty much my dream set except for Bespin Luke. Then I can "retire".

Here's my list and I'm not following the 2 Empire and 3 Jedi list because I think Hot Toys will keep making more of these:

-Grand Moff Tarkin
-Hoth Leia
-Snowspeeder Luke
-Yoda
-Bespin Han
-Bespin Lando
-Emperor Palpatine
-Jedi Luke
-Boushh Leia
-Leia as Jabba's Prisoner
-Royal Guard(Maybe Hot Toys, Maybe Sideshow can make him)
-EWOKS!!!!!! (w/ babies preferably)

The figures I would like to see from HT from ESB would be Hoth/Falcon Leia, Falcon/Bespin Han, Vader and either (or both) a Hoth Snowspeeder Luke and a Bespin Luke... with apparently only 2 figures being on the (current) cards from ESB I don't know who out of that I would pick, probably Han and Snowspeeder Luke.

SS are doing a pilot Luke so that one may not happen any time soon, though the Speeder version least has snow boots and he used his lightsaber so there are selling points there.

With Disney's decision to stop producing Slave Leia merchandise I have an feeling this won't happen any time soon... Wonder if that decision had anything to do with that father complaining a couple of months ago?

In the old books didn't the Emperor send Mara Jade to wait and see if he showed up?

The books don't count. Sorry

Last edited:
Here's my list and I'm not following the 2 Empire and 3 Jedi list because I think Hot Toys will keep making more of these...
The rumour for those numbers were pre-orders prior to TFA debuting, not in total. For sure HT will be maxing out on all of the OT characters they can over time. I'm looking forward most to the Emperor and Bespin Han/Han in Carbonite. Guess ESB Fett, too.

The rumour for those numbers were pre-orders prior to TFA debuting, not in total. For sure HT will be maxing out on all of the OT characters they can over time. I'm looking forward most to the Emperor and Bespin Han/Han in Carbonite. Guess ESB Fett, too.

I really want a Walrusman, but Chicky won't reply to my tweets.

The books don't count. Sorry

I know that :wink1: just saying it to point out people connected to SW did think about the Empire wanting to position someone at Jabba's Palace on the off chance Luke showed up, some people don't seem to care that is is now officially not a part of the story. Personally I've never considered them to count and from everything I have ever read on the subject its been more of a grey area to what is and isn't canon in comparison to say Star Trek where only whats seen on TV and Film is (so no books, not even the relaunch novels, or games) which has always been very black and white in this matter (not even the novelisations of the films/episodes which extend with deleted scenes etc etc).

:goodpost:

Other than Jedi Luke, those would be my 1, 2 and 3. Seeing the Emperor's face get the HT "fine wrinkles" treatment would be awesome. And hey, they could reuse the Obi Wan mummy hands!:lol

I really want a Walrusman, but Chicky won't reply to my tweets.

Yeah, there are so many figures (Like Walrusman) that are so obvious for Sideshow, yet they don't do them year after year. Really weird.

Due to lack of money and space, I'm going to avoid anything after ROTJ. Also I don't like the new design of the troopers. They look good, but not as a good as the originals

11215099_184690831870382_3724895347100048787_n.jpg

Ah, there is Luke!

I know that :wink1: just saying it to point out people connected to SW did think about the Empire wanting to position someone at Jabba's Palace on the off chance Luke showed up, some people don't seem to care that is is now officially not a part of the story. Personally I've never considered them to count and from everything I have ever read on the subject its been more of a grey area to what is and isn't canon in comparison to say Star Trek where only whats seen on TV and Film is (so no books, not even the relaunch novels, or games) which has always been very black and white in this matter (not even the novelisations of the films/episodes which extend with deleted scenes etc etc).

I understand. It's just a tough film to revisit compared to SW & EMPIRE ... Which I can watch none stop over and over without overthinking the small stuff.

HT needs to hurry up and do a Slave leia before the Mickey Mouse-Ban

LFL still has to approve it so if it's in the works they aren't going to let ithe out just because the official ban hasn't happend.

Given that TFA will likely be the flavor for the next 6 months at least, we may not see the next HT OT figures until SDCC. Which is fine as long as we see Jedi Luke, Lando, Emperor w/throne, Bespin Han, and I'm still holding out hope for slave Leia. I guess I can understand Disney wanting to ban skimpily clad female slave figures for the 7+ Wal Mart shoppers, but denying such an iconic look to adult collectors seems a bit extreme.

Back