Any news of future OT Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're selling well, there's lot more to do. I'm also waiting on emperor Palpatine and Jedi Luke Skywalker. I preordered farmboy Luke so bespin or dagobah would need a yoda to sweeten it. I also want a Lando. Why don't more people. He's a pretty major character from the original trilogy.

Han Solo in stormtrooper disguise was teased a few weeks ago.

Relax! There will be more figures from OT. We are 40 days away from TFA. They will go back to OT in a few months with more space between announcements.

Is it wrong that I want prequel hot toys too? How long before we get some of those going ya think? I know many would at least probably want an obiwan and Anakin.

Like I have said before...if it is a main character from the OT, you can bet it will be produced. I will also say again that I am only privy to the limited amount of stuff I see and I do share some of that info freely. I DO NOT have any release info or dates to share or figure details. That is all up to Disney and HT.

I want Jedi Luke, Emperor, Yoda, and Dagobah Luke. Badly. *crosses fingers we see them soon*

Well, we know the Sandtrooper is coming...and probably all the variants of it. They teased Stormtrooper Han. Not sure we know anything official about EP V & VI.

I'd like an updated Colt Forty...(cough, clears throat) Lando please. Before we leave the EPIV and since they've shown they can sculpt REALLY old people, please deliver a Grand Moff Tarkin.

I'd love to see Jedi Luke, Emporer Palp and how about Admiral Akbar...and f|_|ck it, since your making fully furred figs, toss in an Ewok or two. Why not. :huh

I think with The First Order mostly announced by Hot Toys will announce Jedi Luke and maybe the Emperor before going back to TFA heroes. My personal opinion based on what Jack Bauer has said and that we have almost a month until The Force Awakens releases, and almost all known First Order troops announced.

I would expect mostly TFA until early/mid next year. They haven't done a single hero, OT can be made anytime TFA is hot and the it film so I expect them to milk it until it's dry first.

I'm curious if we'll get the rumored amount of figures that were supposed to be coming before the new film. Part of me doubts it a bit unless Hot Toys plans to bombard us over the next month or so. I think there'd be at least one from A New Hope left (probably Han in Trooper disguise) and three from The Empire Strikes Back and two from Return of the Jedi.

I would expect mostly TFA until early/mid next year. They haven't done a single hero, OT can be made anytime TFA is hot and the it film so I expect them to milk it until it's dry first.
I'm guessing the heroes are being saved until the film is released. The various Troopers are just to get some figures out that are likely fairly easy for Hot Toys to produce.

I'm curious if we'll get the rumored amount of figures that were supposed to be coming before the new film. Part of me doubts it a bit unless Hot Toys plans to bombard us over the next month or so. I think there'd be at least one from A New Hope left (probably Han in Trooper disguise) and three from The Empire Strikes Back and two from Return of the Jedi.

I thought Bauer said TWO from ESB and THREE from ROTJ...? Was that info updated?

I thought Bauer said TWO from ESB and THREE from ROTJ...? Was that info updated?
I might have been wrong on the numbers. I knew three from Return of the Jedi for sure. I couldn't remember how many from the other two for sure (I assume A New Hope is basically done though).

I might have been wrong on the numbers. I knew three from Return of the Jedi for sure. I couldn't remember how many from the other two for sure (I assume A New Hope is basically done though).

Bauer originally said 6 from ANH I believe... which ended up being more when you count the Luke and Han troopers. Two for ESB, I remember because I thought that seemed low for the best Star Wars movie (I guessed Boba Fett and Yoda, but was wrong on Boba). And three for ROTJ, which I thought would be Luke Jedi, ROTJ Vader and Emperor... but we got Boba Fett instead.

Not sure how OT Star Wars is performing, so who knows but I would think over time we'll get more than just that allotment. I think these were the initial groupings for the OT prior to TFA release.

Maybe Bauer can clear this up with updated info if he sees this.

I think it seems like the figures have been doing well. I mean I expected the Storm Troopers to stay in stock for a while and they're already gone. I expect Hot Toys to continue on with the license for quite some time given their relationship with Disney.

Troopers sold out because of Canadaclone. :lol

I'll be curious to see how long Chewie and Han and Ben last in availability -- people have clear issues with these. Vader I expect will sell out, along with Boba Fett. Maybe Sandtrooper too.

I love all the OT troopers. Im hoping for snow troopers and maybe Imperial Guards for an emperor release.

but give me sand people and a Bantha, I'm in heaven. The more tatooine figures the better.

Troopers sold out because of Canadaclone. :lol

I'll be curious to see how long Chewie and Han and Ben last in availability -- people have clear issues with these. Vader I expect will sell out, along with Boba Fett. Maybe Sandtrooper too.

What issues do people have with Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan? I haven't been following those threads.

I know some people don't like Chewie's muzzle, Han's boots and Obi-Wan's robes.

Back