Jazzinc Jedi Starfighter... Would Hot toys....?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the CGI model, you can see a boxy area on the underside that can house the body-

bkvxe0v-png.671045

View attachment 671045
83xyaa.gif

Except it doesn't, the "box" is clearly not enough to house an R2.
I'll take what I see on screen, and the word of the guy who designed it over some badly forced photoshop. :lol
Jump to 8:50

It's a great looking ship, if Hot toys or Jazz inc. can cheat this illusion (even with some toyetetic license), and fit a full R2 droid I'd be surprised. It'll clearly only be half or a shortened droid (which is fine it's what's ridiculously on screen, and that's what I'd want HT or Jazz to capture for the model.

Cue someone arguing how an R2 can retract its legs and compact like an accordion, they threw every other bell and whistle on him. :lol ...hence I'll treat it as unreliable narrative (Lucas just didn't care) :wink1: .

Last edited:
83xyaa.gif

I'll take what I see on screen, and the word of the guy who designed it over some badly forced photoshop. :lol

It's a great looking ship, if Hot toys or Jazz inc. can cheat this illusion (even with some toyetetic license), and fit a full R2 droid I'd be surprised. It'll clearly only be half or a shortened droid (which is fine it's what's ridiculously on screen, and that's what I'd want HT or Jazz to capture for the model.

Cue someone arguing how an R2 can retract its legs and compact like an accordion, they threw every other bell and whistle on him. :lol ...hence unreliable narrative (Lucas just didn't care) :wink1: .

I mean… the photoshop overlay shows that it could with the legs telescoping in (which the cross section also mentions). An R2 “body” really doensn’t have much height to it without the legs boosting it up.

But whatever floats your boat man. :)

As far as inventing meaninglessly ways R2 collapses to convince yourself how it could fit, have at it. It's not real aka; Sci-Fantasy! :)
As far as the actaul model, guarantee neither HT or Jazz (who if going for on-screen accuracy) will fit a full droid in there, even without the full legs, they'd have to either extend the "box" or shrink the R2.
And I wouldn't want them to, The model close to accurate to what's on screen wouldn't allow it.
It will just be the fixed top of the R2, it doesn't mater how you've convinced yourself a whole R2 can fit. :lol

That said, a Chopper might fit as is! :wink1:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Guarantee neither HT or Jazz will fit a full droid in there, even without the legs.
And I wouldn't want them to, The model close to accurate to what's on screen wouldn't allow it.
As far as inventing narratives to argue that you've meaninglesly convinced yourself it could, have at it.
Boy… There sure is this undercurrent of disdain for differing viewpoints in your replies.

At the end of the day… Its a spaceship flying around with a robot and a guy with magic powers. None of it is real.

Last edited:
The Jazzinc come with a droid "stub" i.e. the exposed body section without the dome that you need to supply from a Hot Toys R2 unit. It won't fit a full R2 hot toys fig.

HT will never do it. I'd go with Jazz. I put my PO in for Anakin's starfighter. The Starfighter, the Artisan Anakin, and AOTC R2 is a grail setup for me and will be the centerpiece of my collection for the rest of my life.

The Jazzinc come with a droid "stub" i.e. the exposed body section without the dome that you need to supply from a Hot Toys R2 unit. It won't fit a full R2 hot toys fig.

I have no dog in this fight as I'm not buying but...here me out.

Would it perhaps be better for him to situate it to fit a SSC R2? Obviously there are many reasons the HT is better, but availability is not one of those. By the time this releases, the SSC will likely still be able to be bought. And I feel folks would be more inclined to break down their SSC fig than a HT.

I have no dog in this fight as I'm not buying but...here me out.

Would it perhaps be better for him to situate it to fit a SSC R2? Obviously there are many reasons the HT is better, but availability is not one of those. By the time this releases, the SSC will likely still be able to be bought. And I feel folks would be more inclined to break down their SSC fig than a HT.
So I was just noting how Jazzinc is implementing this.

My opinion is this implementation is problematic. As you point out, also accommodating a sideshow R2 dome would make it more widely accessible and I'm sure plenty would prefer sacrificing the body of a SS R2 over a much more expensive HT. So I think the stub should take both or there be two stubs. Things get even uglier when it comes to the Obiwan version as there is no droid dome that's screen accurate so what to do for that? Jazzinc has said that he can't provide domes as that crosses into "figure production" territory and thats when Disney brings down the cease and desist hammer. As a ship it skirts their appetite and is generally tolerated as a fan "diorama". Any raising of these issues in the closed FB group just brings out the simps and worse, the trolls who seem to think everyone can scratch build or repaint domes themselves so shout down any discussion.

I'm sure the Jazzinc one is gonna be great and I'd love one (but shipping plus tax plus exchange rate plus another R2 puts this well into unreachable territory for me). Even though I know it won't happen, a HT one, faults and all, would likely be affordable to me and with their license the droid situation would not be an issue as they would not doubt include either a half droid or it would be a fixed part of the model.

Of course I got no space anyway for something this large so it's all academic :lol

Hi everyone! I need some serious advice:

I'm about to pull the trigger on both Obi and Anakin Jedi Starfighters from Jazzinc Dioramas... BUT

How can I be sure that Hot toys won't put up on pre order their version? At 1900USD the pricetag for Jazzinc is pretty high and I guess a Hot Toys would be cheaper.

So, I will appreciate any thoughts, ideas or arguments about what to do about this.

With Rots anniversary just one year ahead I think there's a pretty real chance that Hot Toys decides to release their version.

So... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks guys and sorry about my English!!

Hot Toys makes a bunch of splashy show pieces and they just end up in Howard’s private collection.

There’s no way they make this. They don’t make a ton of big vehicles to begin with. It’s a very niche market and Hot Toys is a numbers focused business first and foremost. They’re not really able to pursue passion projects like Joost can.

They’ve got too much on their plate as it is. And it’s more profitable selling lots of figures than a few large ships.

JazzInc is likely to be the only game in town for this. So best not to miss out if it’s something you really want.

I went out on a limb never hearing of jazzinc but went for the snowspeeder and am pretty happy with it. Just ordered the anakins fighter. Now I wait…

Boy… There sure is this undercurrent of disdain for differing viewpoints in your replies.
No disdain, my viewpoint is simply matter-of-factly pointing out reality, which you seem to be bothered doesn't jibe with your fantasy.
At the end of the day… Its a spaceship flying around with a robot and a guy with magic powers. None of it is real.
Except the reality we are talking about is actually developing a real model, to best approximate what's on film and set, (readjusting to accommodate 1:6 figures (eg moving and extending the cockpit for Anakin). .
That you, me or anyone can meaninglessly fantasize a million ways for a collapsable shrnking R2 fitting, is completely irrelevant to that.

Jazz's render so far, approximating the film...
847mve.gif

Clearly a full R2 would not fit as per the film (again it doesn't mater how you meaninglessly re-imagine him to fit)
They are not extending the droid "box" to bellow the wing line just to fit a full R2, cause the offset would look and be ridiculously off model to what's on film.
And they are not re-designing and producing a non screen referenced new shrinking and collapsing R2. :lol
They will attempt to approximate what's on film and actual set builds, which in any reality does not fit a full R2.

The model will reflect that, so likely just the top half of the R2, as per the film illusion.
But whatever floats your boat man.
Yes, reality.

Last edited:
No disdain, my viewpoint is simply pointing out reality, which you seem to have taken personal problem with.

Actually what we are talking about is them developing a real model, to best approximate what's on film and set. That you've meaninglessly imagined a collapsable R2 fitting, is again irrelevant to that.
A full R2 would not fit as is.

Jazz's render approximating the film...
847mve.gif

Clearly a full R2 would not fit as per the film (again it doesn't mater how you meaninglessly imagine a full R2 fitting)
And they are not extending the droid "box" to bellow the wing line just to fit a full R2, cause that would look ridiculous.
And they are not re- designing an imaginary (non screen accurate) shrinking and collapsing R2. :lol
They will be approximating what's on film and actaul set builds, which in any reality do not fit a full R2, the model will reflect that. So likely just the top half of the R2, as per the film.

?
When did I have a problem with reality? I am showing you screen caps from the actual film. They clearly show a boxy area beneath the wing that would house the R2. Am I saying that there isn't evidence of there being a version without the box? No. I don't just ignore evidence because it doesn't support my view. I simply stated that there obviously was a conscience decision during the film making process to illustrate that the droid would fit.

You on the other hand seem to only want to show and acknowledge evidence that only supports your view, and dismiss anything else that doesn't fit it as "meaningless". Repeatedly. That is disdain for viewpoints that don't fit yours.

Also- You just proved my point with that render and film prop comparison. The render has the boxes that aren't present on the filming model. You state it would be ridiculous for them to be there... but they clearly are there when the filming model does not have them. Here they are on the product pages from Jazz's site.
eta2Actis_export_wip_002-v5-copy___original_2116_1078.jpg
Jedi-Starfighter-ETA-2-Actis-Anakin5___original_1400_772.jpg

You state it would be ridiculous for them to be there... but they clearly are there when the filming model does not have them. Here they are on the product pages from Jazz's site.
No I specifically chose images to show the "box" is there, but to small to fit a full R2
83xyaa.gif

Jazz's render so far, approximating the film...
847mve.gif

Clearly a full R2 would not fit as per the film (again it doesn't mater how you meaninglessly re-imagine him to fit)
They are not extending the droid "box" to bellow the wing line just to fit a full R2, cause the offset would look and be ridiculously off model to what's on film.
I didn't ignore the "box" I've been specifically referencing it from the go. I'm perfectly aware of those images, I purposely showed moving images to in fact even better convey the too small proportions of the "box":
- A vid cap of it from the actual film.
- And a gif cap of it from Jazz Inc's actual render.
- Even aded an actual quote from the designer acknowledging it's too small.
All to affirm that the full R2 doesn't fit, from any angle you look at it Jazz Inc who have modeled it from every approach, and are not fitting a full R2 in there.
All in fact counter your spuriously "fit" and legless fantasy image, which began our discussion...
If you look at the CGI model, you can see a boxy area on the underside that can house the body-
bkvxe0v-png.671045

View attachment 671045

Last edited:
I mean it clearly does fit the CGI model given that overlay I posted before. It definitely does not with the physical filming model though as your behind the scenes photo illustrated.

But again... whatever floats your boat. If you don't want to believe it fits, that is fine. I wouldn't call your view "meaningless" or dismiss it. Its your view and you're entitled to it.

I'm considering buying from Jazzinc, but I'm hesitant due to concerns about their paint job mentioned by reviewers like Danoby2. For those who have purchased from them before, can Jazzinc deliver a paint job at least on par with Hot Toys as shown below?

IMG_8508.jpeg

I have the 66 batmobile and the Falcon hanger from jazz Inc. Batmobile is perfect; 10/10. I often like to touch up my figures and sets, even hot toys. If hot toys is a 9 out of 10 out of the box in terms of paint, Jazz inc is about a 7.5, which I bring to a 10. I would rather customize it to my taste anyway

No I specifically chose images to show the "box" is there, but to small to fit a full R2

I didn't ignore the "box" I've been specifically referencing it from the go. I'm perfectly aware of those images, I purposely showed moving images to in fact even better convey the too small proportions of the "box": A vid cap of it from the actual film.
And a gif cap of it from Jazz Inc's actual render.
Even aded an actual quote from the designer acknowledging it's too small.
All to affirm that the full R2 doesn't fit, from any angle you look at it Jazz Inc who have modeled it from every approach, and are not fitting a full R2 in there.
All in fact counter your spuriously "fit" and legless fantasy image, which began our discussion...
It is heartwarming to read all the replies and support and trust in our little family business. By the way, our version has the same box, on both sides, but it’s not even close enough for an R2 unit.

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 0
I have the 66 batmobile and the Falcon hanger from jazz Inc. Batmobile is perfect; 10/10. I often like to touch up my figures and sets, even hot toys. If hot toys is a 9 out of 10 out of the box in terms of paint, Jazz inc is about a 7.5, which I bring to a 10. I would rather customize it to my taste anyway
Thank you for your reply; I appreciate your honest feedback. This could be my first purchase from Jazzinc, and I do wish I possessed a skill set similar to yours. Unfortunately, I'm only gifted with butterfingers. 😅

From the reviews, I have no doubts about Jazzinc's screen accuracy in terms of 3D modeling. Their Batman vehicles, especially the 66 and Justice League versions, are absolutely mind-blowing. The 1989 version seems to be heading in the same direction.

However, in general, their Star Wars series appears to lack that final punch in detail compared to their Batman vehicles. This difference might be attributed to quantity variations. It's as if there are numerous upgrades for the 1989 version that make it look like a beast next to the Hot Toys version, while the Starfighter, despite being more expensive, doesn't receive the same level of attention.

I would really love own a jazzinc product. And I’m on the edge now.

The technology used to do the Falcon cockpit was totally different than how the Batmobiles are produced. However, I’d imagine that these more intricate designs will demand similar methods as that of the Batmobiles, leading to much sharper detail. That being said, as an owner, that Danoby2 vid doesn’t account for how you feel when you light that thing up. Straight up Sweet Xmas! Yes if you’re doing it for clicks and pics, it’s a little soft and may need some detailing, but I find some charm in treating it as much like a model as a diorama.

Back