Will there be any Johnny Depp Hot Toys figures re-visit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BB&WSF

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mods to please move the thread if this doesn't belong to this forum.

Its been long I stopped collecting Hot Toys. However, I believe that a number of Iron Man suits were redone in die-cast. I would like to know from the community if there are any indications from Hot Toys on re-visiting Johnny Depp 1/6 figures? I have POTC OST DX06 and Tonto and was browsing eBay for Sweeney Todd, Ichabod Crane, and Edward Scissorhands. Found some, but at quite high prices. It got me thinking and hence, this thread.

Mods to please move the thread if this doesn't belong to this forum.

Its been long I stopped collecting Hot Toys. However, I believe that a number of Iron Man suits were redone in die-cast. I would like to know from the community if there are any indications from Hot Toys on re-visiting Johnny Depp 1/6 figures? I have POTC OST DX06 and Tonto and was browsing eBay for Sweeney Todd, Ichabod Crane, and Edward Scissorhands. Found some, but at quite high prices. It got me thinking and hence, this thread.
I doubt that we'll see any revisits of Johnny Depp in the near future given that the two studios he was working with (WB and Disney) totally removed him from the films/franchises he was a part of before all the facts came out regarding what happened between him and Amber Heard. Given that Depp is previously known for being one who likes to personally approve of his likeness when it comes to these collectibles (at least that's what Sideshow said when they made their On Stranger Tides premium format statue), I doubt that he would approve any future merch with his likeness for characters that were in movies made by WB and Disney.

WB made Sweeney Todd and Edward Scissorhands
Disney made POTC
Sleepy Hollow was made by Paramount I believe; however, that figure didn't sell well at the time and went for pretty deep discounts, so I doubt they'll make another.

If you're after a good Edward Scissorhands, ArtFigures has made one that has for the most part been universally liked. Present Toys is also making an Edward Scissorhands.

...any indications from Hot Toys on re-visiting Johnny Depp 1/6 figures? I have POTC OST DX06 and Tonto and was browsing eBay for Sweeney Todd, Ichabod Crane, and Edward Scissorhands. Found some, but at quite high prices. It got me thinking and hence, this thread.
Who you hoping for; Don Juan? :wink1:
833nk5.gif

Ed Wood?
833wpe.gif

Hunter S. Thompson? :p
833pcs.gif

Or DurangO?
834qfu.gif

Last edited:
Moved thread to relevant forum. :wave

Thank you, pixeltwin!

Who you hoping for; Don Juan? :wink1:
833nk5.gif

Ed Wood?
833wpe.gif

Hunter S. Thompson? :p
833pcs.gif

Or DurangO?
834qfu.gif

Heh... All of them! :) I just remembered that I also have Hot Toys Rango and Jun Planning's Victor (Corpse Bride). I wouldn't mind a Barnabas Collins and Mad Hatter (Medicom made two, didn't like either) too.

I doubt that we'll see any revisits of Johnny Depp in the near future given that the two studios he was working with (WB and Disney) totally removed him from the films/franchises he was a part of before all the facts came out regarding what happened between him and Amber Heard. Given that Depp is previously known for being one who likes to personally approve of his likeness when it comes to these collectibles (at least that's what Sideshow said when they made their On Stranger Tides premium format statue), I doubt that he would approve any future merch with his likeness for characters that were in movies made by WB and Disney.

WB made Sweeney Todd and Edward Scissorhands
Disney made POTC
Sleepy Hollow was made by Paramount I believe; however, that figure didn't sell well at the time and went for pretty deep discounts, so I doubt they'll make another.

If you're after a good Edward Scissorhands, ArtFigures has made one that has for the most part been universally liked. Present Toys is also making an Edward Scissorhands.
Thanks a lot for your detailed and insightful reply, Gipetto! I went through your DX06 and DX15 comparison and hoping to upgrade my DX06 with DX15's overcoat, hands, etc. Will look into ArtFigures and Present Toys Edward Scissorhands too.

Back