Jazzinc Jedi Starfighter... Would Hot toys....?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenshisamba

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need some serious advice:

I'm about to pull the trigger on both Obi and Anakin Jedi Starfighters from Jazzinc Dioramas... BUT

How can I be sure that Hot toys won't put up on pre order their version? At 1900USD the pricetag for Jazzinc is pretty high and I guess a Hot Toys would be cheaper.

So, I will appreciate any thoughts, ideas or arguments about what to do about this.

With Rots anniversary just one year ahead I think there's a pretty real chance that Hot Toys decides to release their version.

So... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks guys and sorry about my English!!

Don't think they will ever release anything bigger than the size of a speederbike or a small walker.
They have shown a Tie Fighter in 2015 and it never saw the light of day. Same with their Millenium Falcon cockpit.

If you really want those ships I'd say go for it. Chances of HT doing them are slim to none imo. They would do a prototype for Howards collection, if at all and that would be it.

Besides Jazzinc usually puts a lot more emphasis on accurary.

Last edited:
HT has also shown 66 Batmobile, 2022 Batmobile, and if memory serves the Batfleck Batmobile all still unannounced and unmade.

Since the time they've shown them, JazzInc was able to get a WB license and produce those 3 Batmobiles.

Last edited:
I know myself and a few others here are keeping an eye on this.

The price was a bit more than I was hoping for. I could get a few MYC replicas for this price.

But a 1/6 display with one of the Jedi Starfighters in the background would be a dream come true and something HT will probably never make. We'll get some speeders and mini-walkers, but that is really it.

Last edited:
I mean...many of us have been hoping they'd release it. It looked amazing on display. I still look at it from time to time 😂 if you asked me a couple years ago, I would've said no chance. But honestly, the prototype they did is not that big and considering some of the things they've been releasing as of late, it could be a possibility. Especially, as you mentioned, the RoTS anniversary. That said, I don't really know. If you like the JazzInc and have the funds, go for it. It'll still be great and probably even better than Hot Toys.

Been awhile so I figured I'd throw this in here

1000005330.jpg

Edit**
Geeze, the more I look at this, the more I realize they could easily do this. Especially with all the vehicles they've released and creatures. It really isn't all that massive in the scheme of things.

Don't think they will ever release anything bigger than the size of a speederbike or a small walker.
They have shown a Tie Fighter in 2015 and it never saw the light of day. Same with their Millenium Falcon cockpit.

If you really want those ships I'd say go for it. Chances of HT doing them are slim to none imo. They would do a prototype for Howards collection, if at all and that would be it.

Besides Jazzinc usually puts a lot more emphasis on accurary.
Tie fighter would be ginormous, even a cockpit would be big, dimensions bigger than a falcon cockpit. Not feasible sadly.

Thanks to all of you! Great points.

I forgot to mention that the astromech droids (or the upper half of them) are not included in the jazzinc one, wich is unfortunate...

All this would be avoided if Hot Toys had a better communication with us collectors...

For now I'm gonna wait a little longer to decide (but not too much longer)

I don’t see HT making these. Jazz is expensive, but his work speaks for itself.
I agree. While I don't think it's IMPOSSIBLE that Hot Toys won't make these (as I mentioned above, they're not THAT big and they've been branching out to bigger and bigger things lately) and it's always possible we get a nice surprise during the RoTS anniversary, the Jazz Inc will be much more detailed and impressive. IF Hot Toys does release one, youd likely be able to sell your Jazz Inc for a profit should you choose to do that. I don't think there's any losing scenario with you grabbing the Jazz Inc regardless of what HT does.

After buying the Falcon cockpit and the Landspeeder... I would say you won't be disappointed with the Jazz one regardless if Hot Toys eventually makes one or not. Their quality is top notch. Even if HT puts out a plastic one later on- you'll still own the superior version. :)

I have been *this close* to preordering myself. But I figure I only have space for one big vehicle, and the Snowspeeder is going to win the battle for my funds.

If HT actually had intention of releasing this, wouldn't they try to shut down Jazzinc's attempt because its unlicensed?

So until they do that, I wouldn't have any expectation from them. Ultimately its a benefit because if people get these large scale dioramas, they will be more compelled to buy figures to put inside them.

I'm about to pull the trigger on both Obi and Anakin Jedi Starfighters from Jazzinc Dioramas... BUT

How can I be sure that Hot toys won't put up on pre order their version? At 1900USD the pricetag for Jazzinc is pretty high and I guess a Hot Toys would be cheaper.

So, I will appreciate any thoughts, ideas or arguments about what to do about this.

With Rots anniversary just one year ahead I think there's a pretty real chance that Hot Toys decides to release their version.

So... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

With Hot Toys, you can never be sure.

83x31v.jpg

I recognize it's sci-fantasy.
Yet (among other things) that R2s could not possibly fit in these and Naboo Fighters, affirms my head canon that the Prequels are to be taken as unreliable narratives, or loosley mis-remembered tales. Either "documented" by 3P0's scrambled memory banks, or possibly poor translations of R2's beeps and whistles. :wink1:

Last edited:
83x31v.jpg

I recognize it's sci-fantasy.
Yet (among other things) that R2s could not possibly fit in these and Naboo Fighters, affirms my head canon that the Prequels are to be taken as unreliable narratives, or loosley mis-remembered tales. Either "documented" by 3P0's scrambled memory banks, or possibly poor translations of R2's beeps and whistles. :wink1:
To be fair... that is the filming prop. Filming props aren't always 100% accurate to what a ship is "supposed" to actually be.

If you look at the CGI model, you can see a boxy area on the underside that can house the body-

3vbWZ8U.png

bkvXe0v.png

As for the Naboo ship, I agree that there is nothing on screen that explains this one. But at least the cross section book helps it make more sense:

VFkIX.png

So... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I would go for the Jazzinc. you won't regret it! I've got the Millennium falcon cockpit and it is awesome! Plus customer service is excellent and all their collectibles are just amazing!

Let’s say hypothetically Hot Toys does make it for the ROTS 20th anniversary.
It’s goes up for preorder in late 2025 which means it wouldn’t be released until early 2027 at best. You can get the Jazzinc one and have it for 2+ years before Hot Toys releases theirs.

Back