Anime Figure/Statue Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, "shenanigans"--- love that word. i think only americans use it. :D

btw, havok---check out the comparison pics in yer pm....

the conclusion is yes, "mine is as small as yours". :naughty:lol
:lol Yes, Shenanigans is a very American word. :D

Yep saw the pics man, thanks. I'm glad it wasn't just mine that was so small. :lol

it's not the size that counts, it's how u use it! :naughty

and yeah (responding to your pm), if anime figures are indeed your grail items then u should go all out and get as many as u can. especially shunya's stuff. i have a funny feeling they will be worth a pretty penny in time to come.

actually, there IS one more shunya statue that i've always wanted, but can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. it's the statue of karin. she is just lovely, with intricate tattoos adorning her back.

karinstatue.jpg

karinstatue2.jpg

the only ones of karin i've seen on ebay for sale are the bust version, which to me feels incomplete.

Karinbust1.jpg

Karinbust2.jpg

u wouldn't happen to have this would u? or know where i can get the statue? (not recasts)...

I actually only saw that statue once, before that I thought the bust was the only version out. I don't have it or the bust personally but I would love to get the bust. If I'm not mistaken, I think the full statue is custom made and wasn't released by an actual company. I could be totally wrong though.

I know what you mean about the bust feeling incomplete after seeing the statue. Honestly though, Yamashi.ta's original artwork only portrays her from the top of the legs up, just like the bust. So to me the bust is an accurate representation of her. It's the same with all the other busts too, he drew them all that way. I have his artbook to prove it. :D

The next Yamashi.ta piece I get might be one of the bust's, more than likely the Niniane. I think that one is really beautiful. Here's a pic........

KOT10235.jpg

I actually only saw that statue once, before that I thought the bust was the only version out. I don't have it or the bust personally but I would love to get the bust. If I'm not mistaken, I think the full statue is custom made and wasn't released by an actual company. I could be totally wrong though.

I know what you mean about the bust feeling incomplete after seeing the statue. Honestly though, Yamashi.ta's original artwork only portrays her from the top of the legs up, just like the bust. So to me the bust is an accurate representation of her. It's the same with all the other busts too, he drew them all that way. I have his artbook to prove it. :D

The next Yamashi.ta piece I get might be one of the bust's, more than likely the Niniane. I think that one is really beautiful. Here's a pic........

correct, the statue is a custom job. problem is, they're REALLY expensive. if i remember correctly, i saw one go for 200 us dollars on ebay! and they're rare too.

i've seen ninianne and she is just as nice, but has the same problem in that she's cut off at the legs! these depictions are indeed consistent with shunya's artwork, but i dunno... kinda hard for me not to be bothered by it. :D

This is my only Anime statue...don't really know anything about it but had to buy it when I saw it...*censored pics*

https://www.yamatotoysusa.com/page.cfm/494

yeah all the kanu statues are pretty "adult". why duncha post some (censored) pics here? i'm sure the mods will allow it as long as it doesn't show everything... :naughty

I got in another Shunya Yamashi.ta figure the other day and I thought I would share. As usual I put a gloss on her hair. :D This is Shouko-san.......

Picture1630.jpg

Picture1631.jpg

Picture1632.jpg

Picture1633.jpg

Picture1626.jpg

Picture1625.jpg

great score and nice pics :)

i assume her top can be cast off as well? (not that i'm asking for pics of that).

and how's her scale in comparison with mc? when i saw her in my local store some time ago, she did look kinda small but there was no other shunya figure to compare against.

Thanks man! :D

Unfortunately her top can't be taken off. :( :lol Just the lower portion and her shoes.

Well I know for certain that she's 1/7 scale. She's made by Kotobukiya and it plainly says 1/7 scale figure on the box. In comparison to MC, she's small but not nearly as small as MC is. So I was grateful for that. :lol If you want comparison pics let me know man and I'll shoot you a couple in a PM.

hmph. knowing that her top can't be removed, why would i still want pics?? :mad:

hahaha just kidding :wacky
They can't all have that option. :lol

The funny thing about this one is the way the bottom half of her outfit comes off. You have to pull the entire top half of her body off and then slip the bottom portion of her clothing off. :lol

The funny thing about this one is the way the bottom half of her outfit comes off. You have to pull the entire top half of her body off and then slip the bottom portion of her clothing off. :lol

sounds like something a serial killer would do to his victims :horror :lol

WOW! :naughty

That's SWEET! I love the detail on the tats! :rock :rock

yeah it's the tats that make the figure even sexier. going a little off topic, i never really fancied women with tattoos. til i dated one. she had this amazing, intricate pattern on her lower back, just above her butt. daaamn...

I got in my next ShunYama piece or Shunya Yamashi.ta. That's the way I'm gonna refer to him now as the filter doesn't allow his last name. :lol This one is Karin and it's a Fine Art Bust from Kotobukiya. I know some people won't like it cause it's a bust and her legs are cut off but that's the way the original artwork was drawn, so it doesn't bother me much personally.

It's a beautiful statue, this one is made out of cold cast porcelain instead of PVC plastic. She's small but I'm still plenty happy that I got it. I would have liked a little more detail in a few places and there's a few small inconsistencies/flaws but overall I love it! The base is especially nice. Okay enough with the babble, here's some pics......:D

Picture1750.jpg

Picture1751.jpg

Picture1752.jpg

Picture1753.jpg

Picture1773.jpg

Last edited:
sounds like something a serial killer would do to his victims :horror :lol

yeah it's the tats that make the figure even sexier. going a little off topic, i never really fancied women with tattoos. til i dated one. she had this amazing, intricate pattern on her lower back, just above her butt. daaamn...

:naughty Niiiice!

A few close-up and detail shots.....
Picture1756.jpg

:naughty :drool :woo

Great butt...er..pics, Havok! :D

congrats on scoring karin, havok!

as "incomplete" as she is as a bust, she still looks lovely. the tattoo detail came out very sharp and neat, too.

and i see u've given her your patented hair gloss treatment. :)

:naughty :drool

Great butt...er..pics, Havok! :D
:lol Thanks Snoopy! :D

congrats on scoring karin, havok!

as "incomplete" as she is as a bust, she still looks lovely. the tattoo detail came out very sharp and neat, too.

and i see u've given her your patented hair gloss treatment. :)
Thanks tyler!

I understand what you mean about the incomplete thing but I couldn't pass her up. :D Like I said, since this is the way the original artwork was, it doesn't bother me as much. If it were drawn as a full body work, then made into a bust, it would really seem incomplete.

Yep, she got the hair gloss treatment within a couple hours of her arriving. :lol I have 2 more Fine Art Busts and 2 Figures on the way to me right now and they'll be in my possession next week. :joy

I got surprised with my next ShunYama figure earlier today, that I wasn't expecting until next week. This one is Arisa and it's an alternate color version. The original had purple hair, a black skirt and white stockings among a few other things. I prefer the color scheme on this one personally. I really love this figure. :D Here's some pics.......

Picture1788.jpg

Picture1789.jpg

Picture1790.jpg

Picture1791.jpg

A couple with alternate clothing/glasses.
Picture1774.jpg

Picture1776.jpg

Last edited:
Back