Modern Military Figures - Q & A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know. Luckily I'm not averse to a bit of a puzzle then, because I just ordered my first military figure. :D

Went with the Damtoys 1st SFOD-D Team Leader.

Congrats! It's like building a model kit. Tons of parts but once it all starts coming together, it gives one a sense of accomplishment (and have a cool looking figure, as well.)

By the way, here is the DamToys website. Great reference pics. Just click on the figure that you are working on.

It's pretty easy after you do a few pouches everything comes together pretty fast before you know it. Generaly it's just molle pouches so tweazers are almost a requiement and I recommend a pair that is angled if you watch a youtube video on how to put molle pouches on in real life it's pretty much the same as 1/6,
hardest part is always the helmet and the radio/coms be very careful, the headsets and their wires are the easiest things to break.

Tweezers are a must and for me, a set of magnified reading glasses... :lol

As for setting up the molle pouches, be definitely sure of the placement before starting. I had gone through about three pouches before I noticed that I had them placed in the wrong row or height. Had to pull them all off and start again. :slap

Don't be in a rush to set up the figure. It took me several days, about 30-45 minutes a day, just to get the Soldier Story "Voodoo" figure completed.

It's pretty easy after you do a few pouches everything comes together pretty fast before you know it. Generaly it's just molle pouches so tweazers are almost a requiement and I recommend a pair that is angled if you watch a youtube video on how to put molle pouches on in real life it's pretty much the same as 1/6,
hardest part is always the helmet and the radio/coms be very careful, the headsets and their wires are the easiest things to break.

Congrats! It's like building a model kit. Tons of parts but once it all starts coming together, it gives one a sense of accomplishment (and have a cool looking figure, as well.)

By the way, here is the DamToys website. Great reference pics. Just click on the figure that you are working on.

Tweezers are a must and for me, a set of magnified reading glasses... :lol

As for setting up the molle pouches, be definitely sure of the placement before starting. I had gone through about three pouches before I noticed that I had them placed in the wrong row or height. Had to pull them all off and start again. :slap

Don't be in a rush to set up the figure. It took me several days, about 30-45 minutes a day, just to get the Soldier Story "Voodoo" figure completed.
Thank you both for these great tips and tricks! Seeing how helpful people are on this subforum certainly made the decision easier to get into military figures. :duff

Luckily I already have a pretty extensive set of tweezers, because I'm into building scale models and I'm no stranger to minuscule fidgetting. I have attached a picture of my latest for anyone that's interested.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting this figure and I'll keep you all updated of course!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-181531_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-181531_Gallery.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 0
Warning: Thread highjacked for a quick post... :wink1:

Love your F-18! What scale is it?

I tend to build aircraft mostly in 1/48th scale. Large enough for detailing and small enough for displaying.

My last build was the Dragon 1/72 scale Saturn V. I added a ton of 3D printed detailing to it along with resin F1 engines, just to get it more accurate. That kit fought me all the way through but I won at the end. Here is a quick pic of it but I'm working on the mobile launcher.

Saturn V build 2 sm.jpg

Warning: Thread highjacked for a quick post... :wink1:

Love your F-18! What scale is it?

I tend to build aircraft mostly in 1/48th scale. Large enough for detailing and small enough for displaying.

My last build was the Dragon 1/72 scale Saturn V. I added a ton of 3D printed detailing to it along with resin F1 engines, just to get it more accurate. That kit fought me all the way through but I won at the end. Here is a quick pic of it but I'm working on the mobile launcher.

View attachment 578611
That's some great work on the Saturn V. How tall is it? Make sure to share pictures when the mobile launcher is ready. I'm sure that'll look amazing.

The F-18 is in 1:72 scale and thank you. So far I have only built in that scale. I find it to be a nice scale that doesn't take up too much space.

Perhaps we can make a separate thread for our scalemodels, so we don't have to hijack other threads. I'll look into it tomorrow when I'm on my PC.

I'm putting together my first military figure and there are what seem like round padded stickers and I don't really now where they should go. I think they need to be on the inside of the helmet to protect the sculpt, but not quite sure. Does anybody know for sure where they need to go?

I'm putting together my first military figure and there are what seem like round padded stickers and I don't really now where they should go. I think they need to be on the inside of the helmet to protect the sculpt, but not quite sure. Does anybody know for sure where they need to go?
If they are the black ones, it is the helmet padding.

Yes, the black ones. Thank you!
I highly recommend checking out some videos on YouTube that go through the setup of these figures.

"GSoldiers Action Figures" provides good ones, although some appear to be in Russian (but you can still follow along as to where things are placed.)

"DID Figures" have great setup videos for their own products.

There are also a number of others available. Just do a search on your specific figure. These videos have definitely saved me not only time but ffrom frustration, as well.

I highly recommend checking out some videos on YouTube that go through the setup of these figures.

"GSoldiers Action Figures" provides good ones, although some appear to be in Russian (but you can still follow along as to where things are placed.)

"DID Figures" have great setup videos for their own products.

There are also a number of others available. Just do a search on your specific figure. These videos have definitely saved me not only time but ffrom frustration, as well.
Thanks! I did some Youtube searches, but couldn't really find anything useful. I guess I used too specific parameters or something. I'll check it out.

Back