Alice 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost ordered this from BBTS but decided against it due to the higher-than-expected price even there (only £20~ for DHL shipping here--still lower than OSK).

In my limited experience with BBTS, they have usually been very prompt with follow-up emails and are pretty flexible overall with the NRD (apparently if you change your mind again, they won't charge you the deposit twice). I hope it gets cleared up Monday for everyone who is affected.

KGHobby has it for 200 + 60 shipping. (maybe more into the US I don't know)
How reliable is KGHobby? I know they're based in Hong Kong, and I'll have to do some dollar converting. They seem established, but just an unknown for me.

I only have positive things to say. I either order with them, kit or giantoys usually and never once had problems with any of them. Not sure about their customer service, that is where kit and giantoy are great, but i never needed it so far.

I only have positive things to say. I either order with them, kit or giantoys usually and never once had problems with any of them. Not sure about their customer service, that is where kit and giantoy are great, but i never needed it so far.
Yea I always buy from Kit,need to support our guy,he is the best! :love I haven't ordered from giantoy but I've heard only good things as well.

@Garlador

BBTS response:

"Thank you for reaching out. At this time, the listing was pulled down while we confirm some additional information with the manufacturer. It does not mean that this item is cancelled or not being produced at this time. Many times, the listing is put back on our website once we can confirm this additional info. In the rare event that the order is cancelled, our customers will receive an email informing them directly. Essentially, your order is still valid and secure until you would receive an email stating otherwise."

Last edited:
Bad news for BBTS customers
Friend just got this. Go run get from Kit or elsewhere,while she's still around.
Screenshot_20221024-210418_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20221024-210732_Gmail.jpg

*sigh*
I was afraid that would happen. Third-party vendors it is then.

Same. Luckily I kinda saw it coming when BBTS took down the article so already had a downpayment ready at onesixthkit as well to take over XD

*sigh*
I was afraid that would happen. Third-party vendors it is then.
At this point if you truly want her order from China, 50$ less 50$ more doesn't really matter with such a release. We all know another one won't happen. Also I'm sure she won't come till Summer so we have plenty of time for saving up. Whole BBTS situation was a mess and I still don't believe they didn't know this was a third party figure, you can see some shady figures on their website. They put her up one day after Kit and other Chinese retailers so it was planned. I think the main reason this happened was a negative attention they got from the article and twitter. So they avoided drama as they are US based company and McGee and EA could track them pretty easily. Anyway whatever.

P.S. there are some less popular US based shops which sell third party 1/6 figures, for example toyarena has Woody with moving eyes for 179$ called ''cowboy'' so this isn't an unusual thing.

At this point if you truly want her order from China, 50$ less 50$ more doesn't really matter with such a release. We all know another one won't happen.

As much as I do love the series.. I sadly can not deny knowing EA there will never be a real licensed figure anyway and its niche enough that its rare for third-parties to make as much merch for it.
Unless American Mcgee can convince EA somehow to have a different developer team develop the game for them with EA as publisher, the available mcgee Alice merch will stay limited :p
Best case would be EA giving up the IP but... well.. chances on that...

(To be fair.. at this point by the end of next year the development document for Alice Asylum will be so big that a developer will only have to throw it in an game-engine and its done XD It will sadly all depend on EA though :( )

At this point if you truly want her order from China, 50$ less 50$ more doesn't really matter with such a release. We all know another one won't happen. Also I'm sure she won't come till Summer so we have plenty of time for saving up. Whole BBTS situation was a mess and I still don't believe they didn't know this was a third party figure, you can see some shady figures on their website. They put her up one day after Kit and other Chinese retailers so it was planned. I think the main reason this happened was a negative attention they got from the article and twitter. So they avoided drama as they are US based company and McGee and EA could track them pretty easily. Anyway whatever.
BBTS is legit, and they don't make a habit of selling third-party figures. They have exclusive deals with manufacturers like Storm Collectibles, Super7, Hasbro, Threezero, etc. They wouldn't want to risk all that hawking third-party unlicensed products.

I continue to believe that the figure used official branded logos and got coverage at some big sites and the reception was so positive and demand so high that they didn't do their due diligence and listed it. They carry other products from the seller that are generic figures already. Someone on EA's side definitely reached out, they did their research, and realized they jumped the gun. Simple as that.

Though I'm sending the ordeal to EA's inbox so maybe they'll wizen up and start doing more official products (and a third game) themselves.

As much as I do love the series.. I sadly can not deny knowing EA there will never be a real licensed figure anyway and its niche enough that its rare for third-parties to make as much merch for it.
Unless American Mcgee can convince EA somehow to have a different developer team develop the game for them with EA as publisher, the available mcgee Alice merch will stay limited :p
Best case would be EA giving up the IP but... well.. chances on that...

(To be fair.. at this point by the end of next year the development document for Alice Asylum will be so big that a developer will only have to throw it in an game-engine and its done XD It will sadly all depend on EA though :( )
I have no idea how things go with Asylum but whatever happens I don't see them doing 1/6 figure, even if it happens I don't expect anything good lol I find it silly that McGee has no control over the franchise, I think giving the rights completely to EA was a mistake, I have no idea how this things work but I definitely wouldn't do that.

Garlador

Yea I know they are legit, I've bought plenty of stuff from them,but I can't believe they were convinced as easily to put her up. Anyway happy nobody is damaged and figure is still happening.
And yes using the original brand name wasn't a right thing,that's what messed up things.

Okay ordered from KGHobby. Such a great price, I hope they are reputable...

I feel a little guilty about ordering an unlicensed figure- but it's not like there is a competing licensed figure to buy. ( Which I gladly would get at any point).

I also do like the accessories on this one quite a lot, and the face looks really good. I don't like the huge chest, but a body swap is a possibility...

I guess I have to wait until figure is in hand to consider what body will best match and fit, unless someone is already familiar with this figure company and the bodies and has a suggestion? I would definitely prefer a flatter chest.

I feel a little guilty about ordering an unlicensed figure- but it's not like there is a competing licensed figure to buy. ( Which I gladly would get at any point).

I also do like the accessories on this one quite a lot, and the face looks really good. I don't like the huge chest, but a body swap is a possibility...

I guess I have to wait until figure is in hand to consider what body will best match and fit, unless someone is already familiar with this figure company and the bodies and has a suggestion? I would definitely prefer a flatter chest.
Well I don't think anyone likes to get unlicensed figures, but when these companies do nothing,third party is the only option.Also in most cases unlicensed stuff looks pretty cool nowadays bc they are done by the fans,look at Star Ace Homelander and many others... So don't feel guilty,especially rights aren't in McGee's hands and I'd do anything to damage EA lol Truly love the whole figure especially her face, it captures her creepy but also pretty appearance very well.

Well I don't think anyone likes to get unlicensed figures, but when these companies do nothing,third party is the only option.Also in most cases unlicensed stuff looks pretty cool nowadays bc they are done by the fans,look at Star Ace Homelander and many others... So don't feel guilty,especially rights aren't in McGee's hands and I'd do anything to damage EA lol Truly love the whole figure especially her face, it captures her creepy but also pretty appearance very well.
Yeah, don't feel guilty. The 1/6 community relies hard on third-party vendors making products that will likely never get official releases. You're not taking money from the IP holders if they're not competing for that market-share in the first place.

Now, if something official gets announced or released, I'll support the official thing all day every day. I put my money where my mouth is. But for stuff like this, it's going to be limited runs for private collections made by fans for fans.

There is still a stigma around third-party figures - which is why I always do my research and wait for reviews - because you never know what kind of outsourced or cobbled together bodies are used or how they're constructed. However, even third-party bodies and production techniques have evolved so much that third-party figures often can go toe-to-toe with the official products. Just be an informed buyer.

Now that this drama is settled, at least, I hope we can actually talk about the series and the figure without confusion.

KGH seems pretty alright from my experience...so far. My pre-orders have all come through as of yet. Granted they haven't been very expensive PO's though. Lol We'll see how they'll handle my Damtoys Claire PO. 😬

"Harem Studio" was pretty bold but most of all stupid to use the official titles and names, the figure spreading on social media like it did certainly did them no favors either and while I do get that Mcgee is not happy with it I don't think they intentionally "sexualized" her, 1/6 female bodies with flat chests are rare, in fact I don't think they exist at all, the nipples being visible is probably just due to the cheap fabric they are using for the shirt.

On the topic of the morality of unlicensed collectibles I don't think any of you should feel bad for getting this, Mcgee wouldn't get a nickel if it was official and EA doesn't give a damn about collectibles, just like many other studios, it's not their market and a few hundred or a thousand figures being sold is pocket change next to what they make on AAA releases, DLCs and microtransactions even if they would eat most of the profit from those sales.

If you still think it's wrong and would rather wait for official releases let me tell you all these studios are tone deaf to what you want are horribly unprofessional, I speak from experience as I've approached several studios under an official company to try and get video game licenses and those that I was in contact with ended up ghosting me for no damn reason at all, most didn't respond and keep in mind the majority of them ask for insanely high license fees that would give you very little room to make a profit, maybe it's for the best since the people handling those licenses are usually idiots who want their collectibles to look a certain way, take Capcom for example and their insistence on having figures of Resident Evil characters with lifeless blank expressions, or other studios not wanting you to give certain accessories for a variety of dumb reasons or not make a fan favorite character because they think some other one will sell better.

That's not say there aren't companies like Iconiq Studios doing their best to bring you licensed video game figures but I guarantee it's not as easy as it looks, with licenses come a ton of other factors into the picture that nobody considers unless you're in the business, unlicensed figures at least can offer you more for a fair price and are usually made by fans of the actual properties, fans who are way more passionate than corporations like EA that are worth millions of dollars and would more quickly try to sell you another FIFA or Battlefield than make a new Alice game or a figure of her.

"Harem Studio" was pretty bold but most of all stupid to use the official titles and names, the figure spreading on social media like it did certainly did them no favors either and while I do get that Mcgee is not happy with it I don't think they intentionally "sexualized" her, 1/6 female bodies with flat chests are rare, in fact I don't think they exist at all, the nipples being visible is probably just due to the cheap fabric they are using for the shirt.

On the topic of the morality of unlicensed collectibles I don't think any of you should feel bad for getting this, Mcgee wouldn't get a nickel if it was official and EA doesn't give a damn about collectibles, just like many other studios, it's not their market and a few hundred or a thousand figures being sold is pocket change next to what they make on AAA releases, DLCs and microtransactions even if they would eat most of the profit from those sales.

If you still think it's wrong and would rather wait for official releases let me tell you all these studios are tone deaf to what you want are horribly unprofessional, I speak from experience as I've approached several studios under an official company to try and get video game licenses and those that I was in contact with ended up ghosting me for no damn reason at all, most didn't respond and keep in mind the majority of them ask for insanely high license fees that would give you very little room to make a profit, maybe it's for the best since the people handling those licenses are usually idiots who want their collectibles to look a certain way, take Capcom for example and their insistence on having figures of Resident Evil characters with lifeless blank expressions, or other studios not wanting you to give certain accessories for a variety of dumb reasons or not make a fan favorite character because they think some other one will sell better.

That's not say there aren't companies like Iconiq Studios doing their best to bring you licensed video game figures but I guarantee it's not as easy as it looks, with licenses come a ton of other factors into the picture that nobody considers unless you're in the business, unlicensed figures at least can offer you more for a fair price and are usually made by fans of the actual properties, fans who are way more passionate than corporations like EA that are worth millions of dollars and would more quickly try to sell you another FIFA or Battlefield than make a new Alice game or a figure of her.
Absolutely agree, first mistake they made was using the official name for the unlicensed product, I think this is a well known fact that we aren't using official names, after that it got the unwanted attention nobody asked for,especially article was too much.

I don't think Harem Studio tried to sexualize her for a bit as well, it is just a stock body they used which fits more or less to the character and more animated style, she looks as an anime character there with long legs and features...

People on twitter make drama about everything and it is obvious that nobody under McGee tweet have any knowledge about 1/6 collectables. Personally I like her looking more adult than a kid, just my personal preference.I plan to change the dress with a fancy one anyway ,so nipples don't bother me at all, as you said it's the thin fabric they used. Her chest isn't nowhere as large as MT Ciri lol

This character isn't popular enough so I'm grateful she is happening, especially when EA is owning the rights chances for the official figure is bellow 0, they haven't done anything with her and nothing gonna happen now.

In most cases,especially recently third party figures are way better than licensed ones, because as you said they are made by fans for fans, we have so many examples of this...whole 1/6 community is standing on third party companies.I'm grateful for that and our small community which is amazing and makes my life better every day!Characters I love will never get licensed figures,especially the ones from the games.

Anyway whoever love this game and wants the figure I'd advice to get her asap because nothing similar gonna happen anytime soon.

Last edited:
Personally I like her looking more adult than a kid, just my personal preference.I plan to change the dress with a fancy one anyway ,so nipples don't bother me at all, as you said it's the thin fabric they used. Her chest isn't nowhere as large as MT Ciri lol
Harem Studios did say they're looking into providing alternative dresses as an option... which, you know, would be great. I love her default look quite a bit, but having some or all of these outfits as options would be insane.
attachment.php

Doesn't even factor in the DLC dresses, or her "Hysteria" look.

Back