Alice 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That isn't good news for the figure. Wonder if its going to get shut down now that McGee knows about?
Also, if he's annoyed by it being too "sexualized", then why not get it licensed? That way he'd get a cut and be able to give creative advice regarding this figure. 🤷‍♂️

That isn't good news for the figure. Wonder if its going to get shut down now that McGee knows about?
Also, if he's annoyed by it being too "sexualized", then why not get it licensed? That way he'd get a cut and be able to give creative advice regarding this figure. 🤷‍♂️
He responded he has no creative control over the IP, and even licensed his name away to EA. He gets no cut and has no say. EA has no obligation to even pay attention to his Alice Asylum pitch, but works with him on the Alice games out of courtesy.

The figure maker has dodged questions about if it’s licensed or not, and tweeted that its product description is “Alice Returns Crazily”.

So how does BBTS promote and sell it? One of two theories. 1) EA licensed it out, since they don’t need McGee’s permission and approval, and didn’t care or vet the prototype samples, or 2) “Alice” is enough of a public domain character and the design altered just enough that they don’t feel it’s worth going after a Chinese third-party seller to protect an IP they’re doing very little with currently.

As a fan, it puts me in a tough spot. I 100% agree with McGee, but I also don’t see any better 1/6 alternatives. I can always do a body swap too.

Last edited:
Two part answer here. 1) you don’t need to play it to understand it, but it helps if you’re familiar, and 2) the original game is included as DLC if you get the deluxe edition.

Of note, McGee himself has sounded off of the figure.

Sounds like we can put the theorizing to bed. It’s an unlicensed knockoff, and he’s weirded out by the body choice (I noticed some bits the fabric wasn’t covering too…).

So… shucks. I’m happy to get anything for my Alice display, but I wish it was official and approved by her creator.

I said he wold make a drama. lol Personally I'm happy she looks more adult than a kid. She looks as a badass warrior which is a good thing. At this point I don't care what he or EA says. They have done done bare minimum with merchandise. They could make a licensed figure and fund the next game,but nobody was bothered.

P.S. I don't think she is sexualized that's just a stock body they found similar enough to use. Ppl complaining definitely haven't seen some Japanese anime statues and figures lol

Last edited:
I said he wold make a drama. lol Personally I'm happy she looks more adult than a kid. She looks as a badass warrior which is a good thing. At this point I don't care what he or EA says. They have done done bare minimum with merchandise. They could make a licensed figure and fund the next game,but nobody was bothered.

P.S. I don't think she is sexualized that's just a stock body they found similar enough to use. Ppl complaining definitely haven't seen some Japanese anime statues and figures lol
I get it, but I even said “er, I can see her nipples” when it was revealed. Given the themes of the games, it’s off-the-mark. My artbook for the game emphasizes hard how much they fought EA to keep her from being sexualized in her designs.

But also as I mentioned, I may do a body swap, or just make a bra…

I plan to make a custom dress for her so nipples gonna be gone. reason why they are so obvious is a cheap fabric they used. Also we all have nipples, unless it's exposed I don't think there is anything sexualized. It is a stock body they are using, we can always swap it,but I love her as she is.

I plan to make a custom dress for her so nipples gonna be gone. reason why they are so obvious is a cheap fabric they used. Also we all have nipples, unless it's exposed I don't think there is anything sexualized. It is a stock body they are using, we can always swap it,but I love her as she is.
Since they're using a TBLeague body, wrapping some sandwhich/ez wrap around that part of the body works great too. I've done it many times on TBL bodies.

EA already sexualized her- she's flat in the artwork but in the game, she has a fair sized chest.
She doesn’t remotely.
maxresdefault.jpg

Art and model proportions are both reserved in size. EA didn’t dictate her chest size. McGee oversaw design and was adamant she not be overtly busty.

It’s still a good-looking figure, but Alice wasn’t sold on her inherent sex appeal. She’s not a Dead or Alive beach volleyball girl.

Probably this figures looks sexualized for Americans as everyone has a different views, as an European who was raised in front of naked statues in the streets I don't think there is anything sexualized with this figure, yes breast is bigger than usual but I consider this figure as an adult version and women have breasts. This isn't a kid version. When master team released Ciri with oversized breasts it was too much, but this time body looks fine imo. I prefer breasts than no breasts at all lol

Last edited:
Well... crap. BigBadToyStore removed the listing for the Alice figure entirely, and the product was yanked from my cart.
1/6 Alice Madness Returns
The Page no longer exists.

They had the best price too. I think we can confirm this is unlicensed, and BBTS was duped into thinking it was legit, because I've never seen them do something like this before. It's obviously still available at some other locations, but I was ready to bite at the $50 cheaper price.

Last edited:
Well... crap. BigBadToyStore removed the listing for the Alice figure entirely, and the product was yanked from my cart.
1/6 Alice Madness Returns
The Page no longer exists.

They had the best price too. I think we can confirm this is unlicensed, and BBTS was duped into thinking it was legit, because I've never seen them do something like this before. It's obviously still available at some other locations, but I was ready to bite at the $50 cheaper price.
Such a weird situation. My friend from US preordered from BBTS ,just asked him and order still shows in his order history. Deposit isn't refunded. Asked him to send email and ask what's going on. BBTS got listing pretty fast so I'm sure they knew exactly what was going on. Removed probably bc of the stupid article which got attention of McGee as well.

I hope she won't be completely cancelled I'll lost my mind and jump off the cliff

Last edited:
Such a weird situation. My friend from US preordered from BBTS ,just asked him and order still shows in his order history. Deposit isn't refunded. Asked him to send email and ask what's going on. BBTS got listing pretty fast so I'm sure they knew exactly what was going on. Removed probably bc of the stupid article which got attention of McGee as well.
McGee doesn't have any creative control over the IP though. He even signed his name away to EA, so he could theoretically kick and scream all he wants and it wouldn't matter if it was a licensed product. They work with him out of courtesy, not obligation. But he did say the lawyers might have to step in...

I just want a good 1/6 Alice at a good price, and BBTS was my best bet. Let me know if your friend gets confirmation that BBTS honors the pre-order, because nuking the listing from orbit is usually a sign they've cut their orders completely. Asking for a non-refundable deposit for a product they'll no longer carry surely will give your friend an answer soon.

McGee doesn't have any creative control over the IP though. He even signed his name away to EA, so he could theoretically kick and scream all he wants and it wouldn't matter if it was a licensed product. They work with him out of courtesy, not obligation. But he did say the lawyers might have to step in...

I just want a good 1/6 Alice at a good price, and BBTS was my best bet. Let me know if your friend gets confirmation that BBTS honors the pre-order, because nuking the listing from orbit is usually a sign they've cut their orders completely. Asking for a non-refundable deposit for a product they'll no longer carry surely will give your friend an answer soon.
While I respect the work McGee has done and he is amazing, in this case I don't think contacting lawyers is a good thing, this is a fanart and not even 1:1 copy of the character, while he and EA had done 0 good looking merchandise let us have this OK? It's like if someone made a good looking Prince Of Persia figure and Ubisoft made drama while they have buried the franchise deeper than anything, can say same about EA and Alice. I said days ago he would make DRAMA. I'll let you know BBTS reply as it's a weekend they will probably reply on Monday or Tuesday.

I'm confused.

P.S. changed thread name just to Alice 1/6 figure , so it won't show up in google.

P.S.2.0 Well if drama goes any further they can always change the haircolor to blonde and include black hair in the box, I'm sure it's a removable scalp bc of eye mechanism. We are good.

Last edited:
this is a fanart and not even 1:1 copy of the character, while he and EA had done 0 good looking merchandise let us have this OK?
Well technically it's not fan art if said fan is commercially profiteering off other people's IP. I know it's an extremely sensitive topic in the 1/6 community, but we shouldn't get mad when IP holders are doing nothing more than protecting their properties from being stolen.

Well technically it's not fan art if said fan is commercially profiteering off other people's IP. I know it's an extremely sensitive topic in the 1/6 community, but we shouldn't get mad when IP holders are doing nothing more than protecting their properties from being stolen.
These IP holders haven't done anything for 84 years. From this point of view we would have only Iron Man and Batman figures by now. I'm an artist myself and I can completely understand what you say and I agree,but Alice franchise is pretty much dead at least for now and even when it was alive they haven't done any fancy figures, all they did was some scary figurine and few wonky action figures.If someone recreates character I created after 20 years as a figure I won't get mad. Especially when they keep the original concept,everyone knows who is an author. Figure is made from the scratch and they haven't done any kind of recast of any accessory. I know this is a sensitive and deep topic,but I just want a figure, if there was an official one I'd have it already. As I said if they go any further, Harem Studio can always switch the hair colour call it ''Mad Alicia'' and call it a day. (Put the black wig in the box)

Bold of a 3rd party company to use the actual trademark name no? :lol
I think that's what's confused and intrigued me most by this whole ordeal. Third-party figures are a common thing, yeah? Us in the 1/6 community pretty much rely on them to produce figures the official license holders decide aren't worth their interest or commitment. That's also typically why third-party companies make darn sure they tag their products WITHOUT copyrighted titles and branding. We'll seek out our "Doomsday Flashman" or "Night Vigilante" or "Hell Commander" or whatever they decide to call them to avoid drawing unwanted attention from the IP holders.

The Alice situation is frustrating but interesting because it tells me several things.

1) This third-party company got sloppy. I think they underestimated the amount of attention their product would get and didn't cover their tracks well. By using official branding and directly mentioning the game in several product descriptions, they convinced a lot of public outlets and retailers into thinking this was a licensed product when it wasn't. Big sites were reporting on this new Alice merch, and a store like BBTS assumed it was legit. It literally was branded with the "Alice: Madness Returns (tm)" logo.

2) This is a rare case of a character creator directly sounding off on the product being made. Regardless of your opinions of McGee, I also 100% agree with many of his critiques of the figure (which I'm sure were necessities for a third-party maker). If you're going to do an Alice figure, he would want it to be with his oversight, on his terms, and not sexualize her in ways he is ardently opposed to. He would like nothing more than to put out more Alice merch, but that decision isn't his. EA holds the IP rights, and they SHOULD do something with it. Thus, like most normal third-party situations, a smaller unofficial product is being made to fill the void (but didn't go about it the normal third-party way, generating confusion).

3) Even 10 years later, Alice fans really want more of McGee's Alice, however they can take it. They want a new game. They want new merchandise. You don't get third-party figures made for unwanted characters. Upon revealing the figure's existence, many fans got excited and wanted to buy it (most of us in this thread too, I imagine). The noise was so loud and passionate that it put far more of a spotlight on this one third-party offering than normal (again, news reports, creator response, BBTS listing it, etc.). Unfortunately, that meant the reality came out and official retailers yanked the figure and nuked the product page from orbit. This kind of interest, 10 years later, SHOULD be the type of kick in the pants a company like EA would need to maybe, you know, do this officially and take a closer look at the next Alice game potential.

What a weird situation all over. Mostly, I'm still bummed that the figure is $50 more expensive everywhere else, because $250 would have been my sweet spot. $300 for an unlicensed figure is a big ask (it's literally the absolute limit of my self-imposed price restrictions for collecting). There are official Hot Toys figures that don't go for that price, which led credence that it was somehow properly licensed.

What a weird situation all over. Mostly, I'm still bummed that the figure is $50 more expensive everywhere else, because $250 would have been my sweet spot. $300 for an unlicensed figure is a big ask (it's literally the absolute limit of my self-imposed price restrictions for collecting). There are official Hot Toys figures that don't go for that price, which led credence that it was somehow properly licensed.
KGHobby has it for 200 + 60 shipping. (maybe more into the US I don't know)

I hope she won't be completely cancelled I'll lost my mind and jump off the cliff
Yeah, have the same thing. SenT BBTS an mail to ask what will be happening with my order as well :p

Ah well, ill just repreorder it again somewhere else.

Dont get me wrong ofcourse... Im all for stuff needing to be licensed as the original owners of creations should always be supported...

However.. in this case I feel like its a bit softened by the fact that

The IP holder is EA and I rather burn my money than let EA have a cent. Not to mention EA literally has done nothing with the IP and merch is simply extremely limited.

The only one who deserves any money for me would be American Mcgee. He however has already received more money than the price of this figure from me through Patreon and purchases in his own store... So I honestly dont feel as bad.

I just want to buy a decent looking Alice figure like this one ;-;

Back