1/6 Master Team MT010 Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider – Siberia Expedition Outfit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wrong about MT making classic Lara, by classic they meant the 2013 version.
We told MT there's demand for classic Lara but they have no plans to make it because it's "too cartoonish".

LETS GOOO, I want this version so badly.

If they do make a 2013 version. Atleast have it be really weathered full of blood splatter and dirt. With cuts and bruises. What I loved about the game was always how dirty Lara got as the game went on. Makes her look like a real survivor. 2013 was definitely my fave from the trilogy. But Rises gameplay was the best. Shadow is a mixed bag for me. So many stupid puzzles and exploration when I just want to do stealth missions and mow down enemies. Uncharted has the perfect combat to puzzle balance that the new trilogy never managed to achieve

I was wrong about MT making classic Lara, by classic they meant the 2013 version.
We told MT there's demand for classic Lara but they have no plans to make it because it's "too cartoonish".
Ah darn. So I'm guessing the Expedition version was the 2013 version they were talking about then?
I actually wouldn't mind a decent reboot version. But a classic version would probably sell better. And they wouldn't have to make her cartoonish. Theres a lot of great concept art they could go off of. Maybe set up a poll, see which ones collector's liked most, and voila, Classic/realistic Lara!

Ah darn. So I'm guessing the Expedition version was the 2013 version they were talking about then?
I actually wouldn't mind a decent reboot version. But a classic version would probably sell better. And they wouldn't have to make her cartoonish. Theres a lot of great concept art they could go off of. Maybe set up a poll, see which ones collector's liked most, and voila, Classic/realistic Lara!
Sounds like a plan :monkey3 :monkey1
While I enjoyed reboot games,I think she looks best in RISE and they already made her figure which looks pretty nice. 2013 version gonna look basically same without a coat, so most of the casual fans who owns the original release just gonna pass on her. Classic appearance definitely would sell better, as you said there are so many concept arts they can use as a reference and can craft realistic looking classic Lara,it will sell like a hot pies. I just know it, bc there is a huge fandom and good looking figure is nonexistent. Also classics remaster is coming and hype gonna be back. I hope someone makes her.

Im kinda hoping if they do one. They will make one realistic HS and one more “cartoony” headsculpt thats an accurate representation of the game for ***** and gigs.

I believe most of us in the “Classic Lara” mean her classic appearance with her iconic dual pistols,braid,shorts and backpack. They can make realistic unified Lara figure and use existing sculpt just change the hairstyle. COD already gave us a good look of her, that’s where the franchise is going now, they are going to unify her in the next game. I’m sure most of the customers would prefer that over the 2013 design,which is boring and definitely not iconic especially in a figure form.
View attachment 669888
I wouldn't expect them MT to make any version of classic Lara, seems like they're only interested in the remake version.

I wouldn't expect them MT to make any version of classic Lara, seems like they're only interested in the remake version.
Works for me, personally. I love classic Lara but when it comes to this hobby I want realistic looking figures. I’d definitely buy her survivor setup if they make it.

IMG_1193.jpeg

Still loving the Master Team head sculpt.

Funny to see this thread bumped as I just replayed the 2013 Tomb Raider so, of course, now I would love Master Team to make that version :LOL:
I still play Rise every now and then. I'm still amazed by the graphics from Rise and Shadow. TR 2013 was pretty good at the time, but it always felt more like Uncharted due to all the shooting bits it had.
It's kind of funny, both of those franchises slowly went more towards an exploration/puzzle solving type of gameplay over time. I never did mind though, I've always preferred solving puzzles to endless shooting. lol
I hope MT will get the likeness a little bit closer next time though - assuming they are still working on another Lara.

I still play Rise every now and then. I'm still amazed by the graphics from Rise and Shadow. TR 2013 was pretty good at the time, but it always felt more like Uncharted due to all the shooting bits it had.
It's kind of funny, both of those franchises slowly went more towards an exploration/puzzle solving type of gameplay over time. I never did mind though, I've always preferred solving puzzles to endless shooting. lol
I hope MT will get the likeness a little bit closer next time though - assuming they are still working on another Lara.
I think Rise definitely had a great balance of the shooting and puzzles. I felt Shadow was a little boring for my tastes with not enough shooting/action, and eventually just wanted to get the game over with. But we all have different things we're looking for. The graphics are still amazing as you said. My games are a little fractured though as I have TR and Rise on Xbox and Shadow on PS. My OCD doesn't like that so I'll probably get the digital anniversary set whenever the PS5 slim comes out.

Last edited:
Back