After seeing "The Avengers" again on Blu Ray/DVD, who is your favourite Avenger?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is your favourite Avenger?

• Black Widow

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Captain America

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • Hawkeye

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Hulk

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • Iron Man

Votes: 65 35.9%
  • Thor

Votes: 17 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark_Knight_89

Super Freak
Reaction score
After seeing "The Avengers" again on Blu Ray/DVD, who is your favourite Avenger?

Hi Freaks,

When "The Avengers" was first released back in April/May, we all came out with our own thoughts and opinions on the movie, as well as our own favourite characters.

Now having seen the movie again at your own leisure on Blu Ray or DVD, I'm interested to see how people may or may not have seen characters a little differently now, and might have changed their minds as to which character they enjoyed best.

There was a thread and poll for favourite Avengers made a few months back, it would be cool to see if the results came out differently this time around.

So, please feel free to vote; who is YOUR favourite Avenger? You can explain who your original choice was if you wish, whether or not you have changed your mind, and why that character is your favourite!

Re: After seeing "The Avengers" again on Blu Ray/DVD, who is your favourite Avenger?

My vote goes to Captain America.

When I originally saw the movie, I was torn between Hulk and Captain America. Now I've watched the movie again numerous times, I think I have gotten over the initial Hulk mania (Hulk is still a GREAT character in the movie), and I have appreciated Captain America more and more.

I like how he is shown to be very much out of his comfort zone. Being a man coming from a background of simple and traditional values and beliefs, suddenly thrown 70 years into the future into a world of substantianal global threats, magic, and monsters, must be an awkward experience.

I enjoyed how he still dressed in a 1940,s style, and spoke very much in that time period (words like ma'am), and carried the fight on even when faced with harsh odds.

The clash between Cap and Stark is enjoyable, and I like the way Captain America really strikes a nerve with Stark when he exposes the fact that, deep down, Stark is just a selfish, egotistic, socialite without his suit of armour, without knowing what it's really like to have to sacrifice something.

Cap gets good action too; going up against Loki (a God), fighting the hypnotised SHIELD agents without his shield, taking down 4-5 Chitauri Warriors alone and instructing the Police tactically, setting out the plan for the Avengers attack, vaulting and leaping over rolling and flaming cars, defeating Chitauri Warriors and rescuing the hostages in the bank, even taking a laser shot to the stomach and still carrying on.

Re: After seeing "The Avengers" again on Blu Ray/DVD, who is your favourite Avenger?

Iron Man.

Tony Stark was like Shane of The Walking Dead. The unsung hero that comes off as an arrogant selfish individual. Commits countless acts of heroism and contributes to the cause with the most significant outcome, everytime. He's also damn funny and entertaining too.

Then i'd pick Hulk :D

Iron Man.

Tony Stark was like Shane of The Walking Dead. The unsung hero that comes off as an arrogant selfish individual. Commits countless acts of heroism and contributes to the cause with the most significant outcome, everytime. He's also damn funny and entertaining too.

Then i'd pick Spider-Man :D

arrowdownred_clip_art_7563.jpg

Black widow , she's hot.

Cap easily.

Second best movie in the series, great character and actor.

Haven't bought it yet ... but I vote Cap. He's clearly the strategist of the group -- outgunned by the rest, but still holds his own. I like that he's old fashioned -- quaint and badass are a unique combination.

SnakeDoc

Iron Man.

Then i'd pick Spider-Man :D

adc1211d9f0f7c61aacfc717b68f1389.jpg

Thats a tough one. Its between Cap, Iron Man and Hulk for me. I might give it to Cap aswell.

Iron Man but if there were more Hulk scenes I would have gone with him instead.

Iron Man hands down!

Captain America!

Watched Avengers on blu a couple hours back, picture quality was excellent but the real treat was the surround sound. Boy, it sure gave the speakers a workout.

For characters, my favourite is definitely still Bruce Banner by a longshot, Hulk second (they count as different, right? xD). I liked the way Banner carried himself throughout the entire film, and I continue to be impressed by Ruffalo's portrayal of the character. His out-of-the-way demeanor is perfectly suiting. Oh, throw Loki in there too, he's awesome.

For my least favourite - and don't slaughter me for saying this - it's probably Captain America. His casting was great; Chris Evans rocks the role... But I just found him to be boring, not of much use. The fighting he did in the helicarrier battle seemed a bit lame; I saw him kicking people and spraying a gun and thought, "really?". Even if it did keep the agents off Stark's fixit act, I couldn't help but feel like he was a slight drag on the movie.

I'm all for the ground team. Not only did they kick butt, but they also dealt with the normals and the police, something not every superhero movie addresses.

Something about Hawkeye helping those people out of the bus totally pushed him out as my favourite (that and archers hold a very special place in my heart), followed by Captain America, followed by Black Widow.

I'm looking forward to many re-viewings and analysis, and then more viewings and more analysis. I think this movie shall consume much time and generate much pleasure in the nerd-mind.

Definately Iron man.
Reindeer games, point break, clench up legolas, all classics!

Back