Scammed by ebay buyer: andcr1306

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tired of getting PM's regarding the profane language in this thread.

Posts edited and or deleted.

Temp ban issued. If the same behavior continues after the member returns it'll be permanent.
People actually complain about bad language? Good God, I hope they finally see what this crazy place called outside is all about.
That is just ridiculous they would bother you with such mundane crap.

People actually complain about bad language? Good God, I hope they finally see what this crazy place called outside is all about.
That is just ridiculous they would bother you with such mundane crap.
Profane language violates the board's Community Guidelines and the Code of Conduct which everyone agreed to when they registered. While some profanity words are considered tame they still violate the board's rules.

What people outside CF call this place is irrelevant to me. What is relevant is that board members follow the rules. If one can't follow the rules, again rules they agreed to when they registered, then perhaps it would be best if they find another message board.

This is always my fear selling on eBay (not much choice though, it's more difficult to find local buyers around here). I only sell to buyers with high amounts of feedback and check their feedback to see if they've bought similar items in the past.

EBay really needs a buyer rating system. This is my fear selling sealed stuff on eBay. People can easily swap out their old/broken stuff with your mint/sealed stuff and do a return.

Blame bad sellers for that. I once purchased something and I had to badger the seller for 45 days to get him to finally mail it. I left him neutral feedback because it was ridiculous how long it took. He left me negative feedback in retaliation and said he’d only remove it if I removed his. That’s why sellers can’t rate buyers anymore.

I would never sell a brand new and sealed figure. It’s not worth it, it could have qc issues from the factory.
Just sell as “opened for inspection” as a legitimate buyer that is more appealing & as a seller you can be sure of the condition of the item.
I don’t understand why you would take the risk of selling something sealed.

Too funny. I'm on that list. I'm on there because an actual crook sold me a broken ROTF Devastator like 12 years ago and I had the audacity to file a claim against him after he refused to accept a return. He raised a stink on forums slandering me and no one took the few seconds to contact me about it and get my side of what happened. He also bought 2 low dollar items from me just so he could slam me with with 2 retaliatory negatives. I have 100% positive feedback, over 15K feedback, over 6K items sold, and have been on eBay since 2001.

If I ended up on that list, then anyone can.

Below is my eBay blocked bidder/buyer list I accumulated based on first hand experience and information learned from a variety of collector groups (including CF).

Feel free to compare and add to/update your eBay blocked bidder/buyer list.

Holy cow dude, that's a lot of bad experiences lol.

I've only been scammed once, when I returned an item that I bought myself, uninsured. The seller didn't want it back because it was a big pile of slow moving wireless video broadcasting thingies. He pretended UPS broke them when I know he beat the tar out of the box to make the claim. I was out $550. I was probably.. 19 at the time?

Anyway, fast-forward. Best resource I've ever had countering scam buyers is to stall and ask questions/delay shipment. They ALWAYS divulge conflicting information to their claims. If you ever have to get a police report involved, then Paypal and Ebay both will move their asses, FAST, and they have the pressure of financial institutions to investigate in a competent way.

I got the returned item from 1 seller and KEPT his money because he deliberately was trying to squirm out of buyer's remorse and lie left and right. Long drawn out conversation made them slip multiple times, and a police report cemented in my keeping the item AND his cash.

Second time was a buyer that was so ticked off because THEY made an assumptive reasoning with buying my item, not me. They were so whiny they incriminated themselves with contradictory information. He was forced to keep what he bought by both his credit institution that he paid with, and THEN Ebay also denying his whiny butt with the same proof I gave to his financial institution.

People suck. Video/photos and very precise documentation and descriptions of packing, serial numbers, hidden identifiers, all great ways. Never even thought of the UV ink, thats ingenious.

Personally, I'm done with "Evilbay" Thank the good Lord I haven't had these problems, but charging 15% is insane! Way too much. Add taxes to that and a seller looses like 22% out of the gate on an item. Pass on that poop. I'll stick to forum's and Facebook market place. We need to create an online sale site that uses advertising as a way to make money as an alternative to charging sellers.

sometimes i wonder how full time sellers deal with this esp high value items like phones and gadgets and pc parts. you maybe making sales but all it takes is 1 scam case to set you back a few sales. i dont know if there are insurance to cover this for shops like they do with thefts?

unless you can record everything from item inspection to packing to shipping, transit, delivery, acceptance, opening, UNCUT which is impossible, no way to proof whether seller sent a dud or the real thing.

hopefully with scams so rampant things will go back to the old brick and mortar

Personally, I'm done with "Evilbay" Thank the good Lord I haven't had these problems, but charging 15% is insane! Way too much. Add taxes to that and a seller looses like 22% out of the gate on an item. Pass on that poop. I'll stick to forum's and Facebook market place. We need to create an online sale site that uses advertising as a way to make money as an alternative to charging sellers.
same issue on any platforms. if you are the seller facebook or forum direct dealings in cash or deposits would be safe but buyer gets no protection.

Sold a few times on eBay. Glad all my experiences went well but also kind of glad I got rid of what I wanted to and am no longer doing it.

Turns out his complaint is that the legs move when you shake the figure. I have no idea if ebay comprehends how lame this excuse is.
I’ve been scammed on a few transactions in the past. Another little thing to do that certainly made me feel better, was to save the scammer as a seller, you will then get notifications on when they list stuff on eBay. Then f**# them around. ie win an ( or several ) auctions and don’t pay. They then have to relist the item and loose money, not to mention its hassle for them. EBay do nothing to you if you don’t pay for an item you’ve won. It may not be a very nice thing to do but it makes you feel like you get a bit of payback and closure Psychologically.

Back