ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, soon! ;)

They actually just arrived, yesterday, and beat to hell from the journey (saved $60.00 US by not going with EMS shipping but wouldn't do it, again). :( One box is totally split down the side as the seller didn't double-box them properly (just wrapped them in bubble wrap and made a box to fit it super snuggly). If there's one thing I'll fault ACI on, here, it's the lousy clear plastic triple clam shells they used for the Wraiths. A pain to get out of the box and not strong enough for the Wraiths weight, IMO. Would've much preferred hard foam like what HT uses for their diecast figures or soft, as Asmus used for Morgul Lord.

Back to the pics, I will get some hopefully over the weekend. I don't have a day off until Wednesday, but will try to get to it sooner than that. Just keep in mind my photos will be ghetto compared to what many here post! :lol

Last edited:
Sol, I feel like I owe u an apology. I was going to post up comparison pics of the two armors a few weeks ago (or was it longer?) & life just got really hectic & I never got around to it. Sorry bud!

I see you got both wraiths now, so you know the differences, but I'll post one up now for any others that would like to see. Personally I like the limited version much better :)

4ce6adcaf7711ff37d46d3aec06546f8.jpg

And a few of how I have my first ACI setup now (haven't setup the LE 100 version yet)

a07d84eb8c48d6493f9527fa16c5ae46.jpg
e6f4c86f9bc098a3696e0d3ffb2f7714.jpg
1edaea92932c34f73909ec0efbb9c3dc.jpg
47a8ec479b9d0a426525b03ef2017031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on WG! LE is the one on the right. It's really just the forearms and feet that are different, but the difference does stand out quite a bit.

Sixxshooter, articulation is pretty much your standard 1/6 modern figure. Nothing special to be honest, don't think the elbows are double jointed, but I haven't taken the robes off so not positive. The bodies are pretty nice quality though, they feel solid and hold poses pretty well (even with the heavier metal armor )

Thanks for the info RS . I just got charged for the LE today . Should have mine by next Monday I hope . I'll post pics soon as I can .

Right on man, congrats! It's a great figure, definitely ranks up among my favorites after a little trim of the robes.

Oh by the way I just noticed the Knee pads are different too which is pretty cool!

Got mine today...got the pre-order version with both swords and the dagger. Just without the pillar. So incredibly cool! Will get some better shots of him this weekend.

DSCF3721a.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF3720.JPG
    DSCF3720.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 392
SAD NEWS . I just got my Ringwraith from Timewalker toys . I was so excited when I opened this guy up . I took him out of the box and checked him out . Looks awesome . Unfortunately when I checked the joints on the legs where they meet the hip , they literally fell off . Both legs fell off and are hanging in the black cloth . I'm so upset right now :( . I was just deciding on ordering another ringwrath and this happens . I called timewalker and left a message . All I did was lift the leg forward to check the joints and pop . I'm so down right now [emoji22][emoji107]

I'd contact ACI toys. I think the owner or someone from the company drop in on this forum every now and then. I'm sure they'd accommodate by sending you replacement parts.

I'd contact ACI toys. I think the owner or someone from the company drop in on this forum every now and then. I'm sure they'd accommodate by sending you replacement parts.

I will try to contact them . I would hate to have to take the the cloths off this collectible and try putting it back the exact same way . For $279 . I think I should get a full replacement . I am so upset right now !

Got mine this week. Overall I like him...it's a great product made with care and nice materials...I was impressed in particular by the cloth which is very very nice (heavy and soft and distressed), the quality of details like leather strips on the leg armor and the awesome job done with the weapons.
On the other hand I'm a bit disappointed by some strange choiches made for the inner robe (why a kimono stuff?), for the belts (why so clean looking, why that orrible buckle, why BROWN?) and for the cheap looking scabbards...this in particular is incredible: how can those beautiful swords came with such bad scabbards?
Anyway grat stuff... I'm considering buying a ver.B to go along with ver.A. But this afternoon I'm gonna buy some black pleather to customize a better belt.

I think the figure looks fantastic right out of the box . The few problem i have with it is #1 - it should of had double jointed elbows . A figure like this should be fully posable. Your not going to see the joints anyway . #2 - as much as I love the Diecast , it should have been made in plastic . The weight of the Diecast puts too much strain on the joints and over time the Christian body just won't hold up . So if you keep posing him , the joints are going to loosen up causing him to flop or even break . It's a great idea but poor execution . Maybe a hot toys TrueType might hold up better but I still think plastic would have been a better option .

Back