ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since you noticed my post... Wasn't there a plan to make ACI's own Steed? (or even other characters from the LOTR line?)
Are you gonna make me regret buying the other horse later? ;)
Also while we are at it, how many versions of Ringwraith are out there?
So far, I heard

*regular version,
*Special version with extra sword,
*HK exclusive,
*Ver. b(limited 100?)

What are the differences and why so many versions?
Also some comes with missing sword, and some comes with pillar prop?
What's going on here??

we hope we will resume LOTR one day soon!
there's only 2 version of Ringwraith
ver.A (regular ver) with short sword and King witch sword
early pre-order have ringwraith sword as well (3rd sword), and also pillar stone
(but late order will not including the above gift)
ver.B (special ver) with short sword and ringwraith sword (limited 100pcs)
** but their armour is different with ver. A **
Actually, only some of the verA have 3 swords and /pillar stone. And there's only 2 version.
Basically it's not mistake if there's only 2 swords. our plastic blister make confusion, sorry!
I hope it makes more sense to you all!

thanks again!
Bryan

Well, since you noticed my post... Wasn't there a plan to make ACI's own Steed? (or even other characters from the LOTR line?)
Are you gonna make me regret buying the other horse later? ;)
Also while we are at it, how many versions of Ringwraith are out there?
So far, I heard

*regular version,
*Special version with extra sword,
*HK exclusive,
*Ver. b(limited 100?)

What are the differences and why so many versions?
Also some comes with missing sword, and some comes with pillar prop?
What's going on here??

Ohhhh, crikey! :slap

So now my Exclusive order from Animarket makes sense. I thought it was a mistake that there was no LE sticker on the box, but I actually got the early pre-order (version A armour, all 3 swords and the pillar) and not the LE. Dang, not that I'm still not thrilled to have them, but I let an LE go by, thinking I had two secured w/Animarket. Will have to hope for some luck in securing the version B armour. :monkey2

Finally I see the difference between the two, as pointed out by freud:

Specifically the foot (not shin, where I've been looking for the longest time) and forearm armour. Not a big deal... would be hard for anyone that wasn't looking for it to notice, but still a nice detail to have.

Last edited:
I like A's sword and B's shoe armor.. What do I do...
I hate getting these kinda choices. I like just getting choice between regular vs. special with extra. Simple.

Yeah, it's something of a trial with these figures. :lol

Anyway... I broke down and bought two LE's from e.Bay, last night. :monkey4 Figured may as well grab them before they all sell out and the price becomes even more distasteful. I've now got an extra "early pre-order" set I don't need and have listed it in the for sale section, if anyone is interested.

Hmmmmmmmm. Don't know about this one. Looks like Version B is available on ebay for retail still. Also... Still not sure of the difference in armor lol.

Hmmmmmmmm. Don't know about this one. Looks like Version B is available on ebay for retail still. Also... Still not sure of the difference in armor lol.

One has smooth armour and one has ribbed - only way I can describe it. You can't even see the armour unless you lift the robes up so I guess it doesn't really matter which you get.

Version A:

Version A Forearm.jpg.jpg

Version A Foot.jpg.jpg

Version B:

Version%20B%20Ringwraith.jpg.png

One has smooth armour and one has ribbed - only way I can describe it. You can't even see the armour unless you lift the robes up so I guess it doesn't really matter which you get.
Personally I like the differences and there's lots of ways to expose both the forearms and feet that'll look natural on display.

Last edited:
I see. Version B does look good. You can get version A for $230 shipped. I don't know if Version B looks $70+ good

I see. Version B does look good. You can get version A for $230 shipped. I don't know if Version B looks $70+ good
"Shipped" is the key, though. From HK EMS shipping is pretty steep regardless. Version A is $260.00 at BBTS plus shipping (Version B is $290.00). I paid $260.00 for two Version B/LE's from HK, last night, plus shipping, so a little less than if I'd ordered two from BBTS, especially since with the EMS shipping I will bypass Canadian tax, duties and brokerage fees.

Remember too there's only 100 Version B/LE's. Once they truly sell out I'd expect them to be hard to come by, even on e.Bay. Actually quite surprised that the seller there has 9 more left.

Last edited:
Well considering Asmus' version is going over pretty well, I'm not sure this will jump to great heights. Just because Aragorn has doesn't mean this will. But maybe.

Hey, if money were no object, I want one for sure. But I'm looking at buying Weta Sauron and have to prepare for Smaug and Balrog soon.

Oh, yeah, for sure. Only advising, as despite the high shipping from HK, it is still in-line with what one would spend "locally" with BBTS (supposing they weren't sold out). I don't expect the Ringwraiths to go as high as Aragorn (actually I think they're already pretty much at their max price shipped), either, since there is no headsculpt and ACI really seems to have nailed the character. I mean more that at these prices, basically only big fans of ACI's iteration will buy them and with only 100 LE's, I wouldn't expect many will be looking to sell.

Last edited:
I like the ringwraith, but I just realized what throws me off about it. It's a little to bulky.. Kinda throws off the whole wraith thing for me.

I LOVE the armor and I'm sure the body is miles better than the Asmus but I think overall I prefer the Asmus (owning neither though).

Just got the ACI Ringwraith in. I have to say I'm incredibly impressed. I've never been a supporter of diecast for diecast's sake - but the armor on this guy is really well done, as are the swords. Much cleaner cast than the Asmus swords. The hood is done a lot better too. They give you wires to help pose the cloth bits , which is a nice touch. Although it says there are rings on the back to attach the wire to, and mine doesn't have that. The cloth is very creepy as well, it dries out my hands. The belt is very high quality, but they've neglected to add the proper straps to hold the scabbards. Ironically Asmus' belt isn't as nice, but does have the correct straps.

Back