ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody wants a Ring Wraith body for $60 shipped. Pm me.

641ec49cbd27ce0036331edc6b36d90a.jpg

Hey guys! I just purchased this from BBTS on clearance for $191.00 shipped! Overall, is everyone happy with this figure? I've read a few pages back about loose joints. Anyone have nice tight joints on there figure that has withstood the diecast weight? Thanks!

Same here. I just picked him up recently on that BBTS sale and he was pretty great right out of the box. Joints were fine but the hood did need just a little trimming.

However ... because the metal armor is heavy, I could potentially see the joints loosening up over time if you keep him in an extreme action pose or if you work the joints a little too much. I'm more of a pose-him-once-put-him-on-the-shelf kind of guy, so I'm not concerned. But your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Thanks Jokes and Bucky! That's good to know that yours are working fine. And yeah I've heard that about the hood, if mine is okay when it comes then trimming is the first task lol. I'm excited to get him he looks really awesome in some of the pictures I've seen here. I just cant believe he is still available and for so cheap!

Yeah, if he'd been this price out of the gate, I doubt he'd still be available today. The ACI Ringwraith and Aragorn were very nice, but were way too pricey -- over $250 if memory serves. That's what kept me from buying them back then. But at $180, this guy's a lot more reasonable. Great figure out of the box. Very happy with it.

So I received my Ringwraith and I love it! It was heavily frayed like most and had to trim it down. Afterwards I had a handful of shavings and an awesome looking figure! Here are a pic of the figure right out of the package and then a few pictures of the trimmed up one:

Out of the Box:
6.jpg

Trimmed and posed:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

All in all the details are amazing and the figure has such a presence and really shines once the trimming mod is done. Too bad ACI is done with LOTR, but I'll be looking forward to Asmus producing more figures and am really excited to see how Legolas comes out!

That looks epic.
Any side by side pics with the Asmus offering?

Thanks! I really am happy with out it turned out :)

And unfortunately I don't have the Asmus Ringwraith to compare to. It was either that or this one when I was deciding and I heard more positive things and saw more amazing pictures of the ACI Raith or Asmus. The one plus is that you get the Steed with the Asmus Wraith which would look boss.

Great photos, mustang33guy!

They were the ones that finally pushed me over the edge... :wink1:

I just ordered one as well! Looking forward to seeing it in-hand. I'll definitely attempt your tweaks as well, if possible.

Jokes and Bats pics, along with your's convinced me to pick this one up.

Has anyone used 7TOYS7 on ebay? they have one but just wondering if they would mark it as a gift with low value. wouldnt be worth it with full customs charges messaged on ebay but not had reply for days

Has anyone used 7TOYS7 on ebay? they have one but just wondering if they would mark it as a gift with low value. wouldnt be worth it with full customs charges messaged on ebay but not had reply for days

I've used them, but I couldn't tell you if they would mark as gift for you.

Great photos, mustang33guy!

They were the ones that finally pushed me over the edge... :wink1:

I just ordered one as well! Looking forward to seeing it in-hand. I'll definitely attempt your tweaks as well, if possible.

Jokes and Bats pics, along with your's convinced me to pick this one up.

Wow I'm glad that you enjoyed the pics so much to get the figure! It really is an awesome piece! Just be careful with the head, or lack there of lol. The head is really just an open shell with the hood attached to it and then a tongue groove platform in that same shell. Then in that platform is a set screw attached to the ball joint peg in the neck. The only thing is the set screw in mine was too short and snapped the head off. No problem though just got a much longer set screw and now head is fine! Overall the figure is great! Enjoy and post pics when you get it!

Hey mustang33guy, my Ringwraith arrived and it is indeed amazing. I haven't done anything to it yet, but the diecast armor really makes it feel impressive. I'll be following your and Jokes&Bats leads on getting it at it's best.

Mine came with the column as well, which is pretty cool.

The packaging reminded me of the Hot Toys "DX" line. The box is impressive in artwork and the magnetic latch. The foam insert along with the several layers of packaging really gives it a higher level of presentation.

The very same thing with the set screw coming loose happened to me. I'll definite be looking for a longer set screw as well.

It truly is a shame that ACI is no longer producing LOTR figures. But I'm definitely glad I picked this one up.

Ringwraith 1.jpg

Hey mustang33guy, my Ringwraith arrived and it is indeed amazing. I haven't done anything to it yet, but the diecast armor really makes it feel impressive. I'll be following your and Jokes&Bats leads on getting it at it's best.

Mine came with the column as well, which is pretty cool.

The packaging reminded me of the Hot Toys "DX" line. The box is impressive in artwork and the magnetic latch. The foam insert along with the several layers of packaging really gives it a higher level of presentation.

The very same thing with the set screw coming loose happened to me. I'll definite be looking for a longer set screw as well.

It truly is a shame that ACI is no longer producing LOTR figures. But I'm definitely glad I picked this one up.

View attachment 333623

Nice one! It is a shame ACI don't produce LOTR anymore. A Legolas from them would be incredible.

Back