ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to the 1/6 scale lotr world and I'm a bit confused. I'm gathering this "version b" is the one to get?

Man, this one confused me to no end too. There's a lot less of Version B, but it would depend on which armor you want. The forearms and feet are different on this one than the other. Sword too.

Thanks! I personally like ACI Ringwraith. We will know the difference and the quality of the figure when you personally grab him with your own hands!
In my experience, this is one of the most difficult figure to handle with the design which looks quite easy and simple to produce, but actually it's not! We spent a lot efforts in making a satisfied and accurate costume of him. The worn effect and multiple layers are the essence of the design. One could think it's just a dirty dark rob with a hood, but it's not , at least I didn't think so! Customers will see what I meant when they could get one in hand I am confident!

I am very glad you like ACI Ringwraith, which is not a toy. Thank you!

Just got the ACI Ringwraith in. I have to say I'm incredibly impressed. I've never been a supporter of diecast for diecast's sake - but the armor on this guy is really well done, as are the swords. Much cleaner cast than the Asmus swords. The hood is done a lot better too. They give you wires to help pose the cloth bits , which is a nice touch. Although it says there are rings on the back to attach the wire to, and mine doesn't have that. The cloth is very creepy as well, it dries out my hands. The belt is very high quality, but they've neglected to add the proper straps to hold the scabbards. Ironically Asmus' belt isn't as nice, but does have the correct straps.

Thanks! I personally like ACI Ringwraith. We will know the difference and the quality of the figure when you personally grab him with your own hands!
In my experience, this is one of the most difficult figure to handle with the design which looks quite easy and simple to produce, but actually it's not! We spent a lot efforts in making a satisfied and accurate costume of him. The worn effect and multiple layers are the essence of the design. One could think it's just a dirty dark rob with a hood, but it's not , at least I didn't think so! Customers will see what I meant when they could get one in hand I am confident!

I am very glad you like ACI Ringwraith, which is not a toy. Thank you!

I'd agree that this isn't as simple as you would think. Getting ragged cloth to hang just right is very difficult and getting a hood, even one with a head in it, to sit properly in 1:6 is something other companies have had trouble with. I think the choice of material used for the robes is half the battle - this cloth is thin, but not wispy and hangs more heavily without treatment than other 1:6 robes, so it looks much better.

you are professional!

I'd agree that this isn't as simple as you would think. Getting ragged cloth to hang just right is very difficult and getting a hood, even one with a head in it, to sit properly in 1:6 is something other companies have had trouble with. I think the choice of material used for the robes is half the battle - this cloth is thin, but not wispy and hangs more heavily without treatment than other 1:6 robes, so it looks much better.

Does anyone here have a picture of the difference between WitchKing armor and regular Nazgul armor?

Pics of the difference between the ACI armors would work too.

Does anyone here have a picture of the difference between WitchKing armor and regular Nazgul armor?

Pics of the difference between the ACI armors would work too.

The only way I've found to spot the differences is to look at the foot armour - the first foot is from the 'get off the road' scene. I think this is the special Version B from ACI - the rare one.

The second one is from the Witch King on Weathertop - it also matches his foot armour when he fights Eowyn.

I'll also try and snap a pic of the reg and the LE side-by-side when they finally arrive, Wor-Gar. I didn't pay the EMS premium, this time, so it's taking forever.

I'll also try and snap a pic of the reg and the LE side-by-side when they finally arrive, Wor-Gar. I didn't pay the EMS premium, this time, so it's taking forever.

That would be great. I can only assume ACI got it right, so I'd be very curious how the WitchKing's armor varies from, say, Khamul.

Glad to share A new signature and profile pictuer of ACI Toys, cheers! Bryan

aci24banner3.jpg

If I were only getting one, I probably would just get the LE, since it's rarer. Only 100 globally is pretty cool, plus I like the sword and armour differences.

WP_20150401_002.jpgWP_20150401_005.jpgWP_20150401_003.jpg
You gotta be grateful to ACI and Asmus for making such fine figures... some of the bigger players in the market could learn a lot that they seem to have forgotten!
Dizzy

Yep, it's surprising to me that they're still so plentiful online, even the limited edition. I'd have thought that since people in many cases will be buying multiples that they'd have disappeared even faster than Aragorn. Wonder how much having Asmus as an option altered things, there? Definitely in my case I'm very happy to have 3 or these as my representation of LotR (two version B and one A).

Thanks, Dizzy, for the pics with Witch-king, btw! That was how I was going to display mine, too, until I decided last minute to sell Morgul and go with three ACI (just liked them all being hooded).

Yep, it's surprising to me that they're still so plentiful online, even the limited edition. I'd have thought that since people in many cases will be buying multiples that they'd have disappeared even faster than Aragorn. Wonder how much having Asmus as an option altered things, there? Definitely in my case I'm very happy to have 3 or these as my representation of LotR (two version B and one A).

Thanks, Dizzy, for the pics with Witch-king, btw! That was how I was going to display mine, too, until I decided last minute to sell Morgul and go with three ACI (just liked them all being hooded).

So when do we get to see them? And the alt armor?

Back