2011 Figure of the Year (FOTY)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3A - WWR Fantome de plume - figure of the year

3A - WWR Stealth Grunt - runner up

For me it's a tie between Spidey, Jack Sparrow and Superman...
My favorite super-hero is Spiderman, my favorite movie super-hero is Christopher Reeve's Supes, and Jack Sparrow is one of my favorite character from contemporary cinema and the figure is simply amazing!

A lot of peeps put their vote in for BW's Scarface, but three things spoil the party for me:

* not enough switch-out hand options
* lousy elbow articulation
* the chair is mismatched with the white suit

None of these things do much to detract from my enjoyment of the figure, it's one of my faves and the sculpt especially is beautifully done - but for what they offer as a package and how in tune the package is with the character, Supes and Sparrow belong ahead of Tony for my vote.

I love the Superman figure, so it gets my vote. However, Spiderman, Barney Ross, and the T1 T800 were near perfect. In addition, I have not seen Jack Sparrow in hand.

T1 T-800 feels so long ago now that I forget he was 2011. I suppose my vote would go to him but Reeve Superman really makes that a tough decision and I don't even have him yet.

this year's been quite underwhelming for me... i've mostly been more excited by military releases

but if i'm forced to choose, i'd say barney ross... assuming it qualifies as a 2011 release (i always feel yearly calendars for this sort of thing should be november/december onwards :p)

lol This thread is such a mess. First it was best figure overall, now it's only 1/6 scale :cuckoo:
And a lot of folks with HT T1 T-800 here, while it's a 2010 figure.

I think 1/6th is inferred when they say best figure.

My vote is for dx Jack. Not just the sculpt, but the accessories and unreal tailoring. No other figure can match all 3. And don't get me wrong - Supes is fantastic, but I think there is some emotional and iconic bias. Great sculpt, but putting together Jack must have required a much greater effort.

lol This thread is such a mess. First it was best figure overall, now it's only 1/6 scale :cuckoo:
And a lot of folks with HT T1 T-800 here, while it's a 2010 figure.

Wait..thats what I thought too but I saw other people calling it 2011 and I assumed they were right. Which is it dammit??!!

A lot of peeps put their vote in for BW's Scarface, but three things spoil the party for me:

* not enough switch-out hand options
* lousy elbow articulation
* the chair is mismatched with the white suit

None of these things do much to detract from my enjoyment of the figure, it's one of my faves and the sculpt especially is beautifully done - but for what they offer as a package and how in tune the package is with the character, Supes and Sparrow belong ahead of Tony for my vote.

All those things are correct, but I think Blitzway really stepped up to the plate with the overall final presentation. I mean, look at the Brother Production or Art-Figures stuff--it may be half the price, but the final product looks like no one even cares. No socks for Scarface? Sorry, OUR BAD, we're fixing it. Broken buckle on Ghost Rider? Um...buy some glue and fix it yourself?

Back