2011 Figure of the Year (FOTY)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweeney Todd and Capt Jack sharing first place hon's for me I'm afraid.

hmm spiderman or jack sparrow...
decisions decisions...
spidey's suit is unique in its own right
capt jack's tailoring n sculpts are totally awesome
cant decide... its a tie! heh

i know alot like reeve's superman but i think its cause its been many ppl's grail piece and its so iconic! imagine a superb brandon routh superman? or the new superman potrayed by henry cavill? if both had super sculpts they still wun be near this list because they arent as iconic!! jack wld have won hadns down with t1 or t2 t800 n spidey close! yet reeve's supes is magnificent because of the body type used and head sculpt perfection!! suit cld have been better though i feel...

so if its iconic winner, def supes!
if its money's worth, spidey or capt jack (pricey but u gt tons of stuff!!!!!)
if it's sculpt, jack vs reeve
if its never seen before stuff, spidey wins

well tt's my take
dont be too harsh on me pls!

Tough decision. Amazing year of figures, some I have, some I don't have. I don't have the Blitzway Scarface yet, but it looks amazing and hope to get it at some point. I don't have the Enterbay T-800 1/4, but it seems like a revolutionary step for collectibles.

But I will narrow it down to a top 5 that I do own (or are shipping soon) all by hot toys.

Chris Reeve Superman
Spider-Man
Jack Sparrow
T1 T-800
Captain America

I don't have Sparrow in hand yet, but I will soon and no picture I've seen will prove any other wise that this is a new pinnacle in 1/6.

Captain America is the same deal. Not in hand yet, but it looks, and sounds like it's a 100% win.

Christopher Reeve Superman is a dream figure for many people, a long time in the making, and HT executed it to perfection. Amazing body, amazing sculpt, paint, tailoring on the outfit, base, etc. Everything is just phenominal.

T-1 T-800 looks and feels like Arnold has come alive inside my glass cabinet...with a vengeance and persistence to kill any and all. It really looks that fantastic.

But I have to say, that out of all of them, nothing seems to attract my attention more than Spider-Man. I don't know what it is about that figure, but I stare at it more and impressed so much with it. It's by far the best 1/6 tailoring we've ever seen. To make that intricate of a spandex costume, with such little fine detail, rubber webbing, and different textures in the fabric....... it just seems like a 12" person in there. For real. Add in the amazing poses you can achieve and Spider-Man is tops for me.

And to think I didn't even pre-order him because I thought he was absolutely awful at that time. Wow, what a difference to the end result.

Sorry for the long post guys :lol I normally don't do that.

EB 1/4 T 800 is figure of the year- regardless of scale.
In 1/6 Sparrow and Supes the top two.
Now we can hash out what this all means....:slap

superma
bruce lee casual wear
T800

129141806236424303.jpg

NECA's 19" Predator is without a doubt, hands down the best figure released in 2011. Such an incredibly complex creature and NECA nailed the full body sculpt.

NECA's 19" Predator is without a doubt, hands down the best figure released in 2011. Such an incredibly complex creature and NECA nailed the full body sculpt.

if i didnt have hot toys superman, spidey, cap and dx jack i would've agreed with you. neca 1/4 pred makes me smile every time i look at it.

2011, such a great year!

Oh this is hard. Gonna have to break it down.

Figs I bought this year:
T1-800
Barney Ross
Dx Bruce Lee
Sweeney Todd
Batman
Superman
Captain Jack Sparrow

hmm time to categorize...

Grail figures:
T1-800
Superman

Figures that were better than source material:
Barney Ross
Sweeney Todd

I really like the source material alot:
Batman
DX Bruce Lee

I really like the character alot, films meh:
Captain Jack Sparrow

hmmmmmmm.

Ok, just gonna get Sparrow out of the way. He is the best figure HT has ever made, however...he isn't my figure of the year. Now onto a clash between the Grail figures...those are both awesome, but i expected that i would like both so they seem too easy. Bruce Lee was a hell of alot of fun and a great value if you got EX. Batman is also awesome, but QC kinda messed that one up even though i wasn't a victim. Plus he was too damn expensive. SO..that leaves Barney and Sweeney. Decisions...

As a life long Stallone fan it wouldn't have taken much for me to pick up this figure, Todd on the other hand is a figure i would have never thought of getting in a million years...before i saw the figure.

With that being said i don't see how Sweeney Todd cannot be my figure of the year.:dunno

hmmmm............................

Yup.

Sweeney Todd, for the win.:clap

(Even though I like Superman the best.:monkey3..)

for me, Jack....even though I don't have him yet |:-|

now, of the ones I own... I'd have to say HT Spidey. freakin' awesome. even if his hands are a f uckin' b itch to swap :gah:

Back