2011 Figure of the Year (FOTY)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were so many good ones this year but Deak and I are on the same page here.

Supes just barely edges out Spidey with Sparrow being a close third.

You know, I think it comes down to the fact that we've never had an awesome Superman figure. AND the fact that the likeness is uncanny, it's as close to perfect as you can get in the medium. The T-800 is right there too. I don't have Captain Jack, but at least we've gotten solid efforts in the past from Hot Toys. I am sure he will be awesome when he comes in.

1. HT DX Jack Sparrow
2. HT Reeves Superman
3. (tie) HT Captain America/HT Iron Man Mark V

Underrated: HT Odin
Ball dropped: HT DX Indiana Jones. It's good, but should have been the BEST Indy ever and given DX Sparrow a run for his money.

Put one more for Hot Toys Jack Sparrow. Was kind of hard debating over this and Indiana Jones and UU Luke; NOT!!!

Also, I'd like to take the time to thank myself and EvilFace for creating polar opposite threads of awesomeness. :lol

Lots of love for the Mark IV, T800, Spiderman, Bruce DX and Ghost Rider though... and I can't remember of Greedo and Hammerhead came out this year or not, but both of those are two of SSs best SW figs.

Though I don't have him yet, I'd say DX Jack Sparrow, Barney Ross was also a great figure with lots of accessories, and the T1 T-800 just really feels like Arnie off the screen.

Technically it's probably DX06 Captain Jack due to the amount of detailing but I've got a real soft spot for Christopher Reeves

We going to add a poll to this?

Christopher Reeve Superman figure from Hot Toys - a 33 year grail piece that came true this year.

Spider-Man gets my vote, along with Alice and Sweeney Todd.

Superman's a great figure but I can't find much love for it personally.

For me personally it's gotta be Spidey from HT

DX Sparrow is technically there best work this year, and Supes gets an honorable mention. But based on gut reaction I'm sticking with Spidey, just an amazing and understated piece of work!

Back