2011 Figure of the Year (FOTY)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deak Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok forum, let's hear it! No top ten, nothing released in 2010, no statues, and no Medicom :)wink1: kidding). Anything that was shipped in 2011 qualifies, even if it's currently out in Hong Kong. No 2012 figures either. I'll go first, this was a toss up between Spider-Man and Supes. But clearly my FOTY has got to be Christopher Reeve Superman from Hot Toys. Sculpt (surprisingly updated), paint, overall aesthetic, price, box, accuracy, etc...this figure has it all in spades.

If you mean officially released figures, and if the T1 T-800 doesn't count, then I agree about Reeve Superman. If T1 T-800 counts, then that's it. If customs are included, it's Rainman's Bill the Butcher.

Jack Sparrow DX for 1/6 - two great sculpts with PERS with a really nice base and plenty of hands and accessories. While CR Superman is a great figure in its own right it does fall short for me in the accessories department for the price. A close runner up for me.

If one considers 1/4 as well then Enterbay's T2 T800 takes the prize for me.

I'm with karamazov80 on the HT T1 T-800, as it's an incredible figure. If it doesn't count, however, and I could only choose from figures I actually bought this year, it might end up being the new HT Classic Predator. He hasn't arrived yet, but based on pictures I've seen, the amount of accessories he comes with, and the high-end quality making up for a slightly inaccurate sculpt, he may be the winner for me.

If I can consider figures I don't own, it'd have to be Jack.

But I agree with whoever's reading this; the sheer uncertainty and lack of personal evidence behind this post makes it completely useless. :lol I shall confirm my prediction once I have Classic in hand. :monkey3

Not getting him, but also agree with Jack.

1. HT Jack Sparrow DX
2. HT Reeve Superman
3. HT Spider-Man
4. HT T1 Terminator
5. HT ETD Bruce Lee DX
6. HT Resident Evil: Afterlife Alice
7. SS Viper
8. HT Ghost Rider
9. SS Hawk
10. HT Indiana Jones DX

Jack is probably the most impressive figure, as a figure. But when you factor in the character and the importance of the figure to geekdom (I do), Reeve Superman blows it out of the water IMO.

Enterbay T-800.
Incredible headsculpt, authentic body of 1991 Arnold, fantastic clothes from real leather, real metal/wood accessories.
A truly revolutionary figure. Nothing can even come close to that product in 2011 IMO.
Second place goes to DX Sparrow for me, but still, Enterbay T-800 figure is just light years ahead from overall quality point of view.

I have a feeling the 1/4 T-800 isn't going to get any love in this thread. Whoops, spoke too soon :cool:

I'll go with Barney Ross from Hottoys.
Great headsculpt, accessories, 2 set of attires and a tattooed body to boot. All that at a great entry price point.

I'll go with Barney Ross from Hottoys.
Great headsculpt, accessories, 2 set of attires and a tattooed body to boot. All that at a great entry price point.
Barney is a 2010 figure man. It was late 2010 release in HK.

Going to have to go with the HT Jack Sparrow...never been "wowed" so much by a figure before, and I even ordered two :D:D

Runner-Ups: HT CR Superman and HT Sweeney Todd :clap

Not getting him, but also agree with Jack.

1. HT Jack Sparrow DX
2. HT Reeve Superman
3. HT Spider-Man
4. HT T1 Terminator
5. HT ETD Bruce Lee DX
6. HT Resident Evil: Afterlife Alice
7. SS Viper
8. HT Ghost Rider
9. SS Hawk
10. HT Indiana Jones DX

:goodpost::clap:clap:clap

Back