REVIEW: Enterbay HD Masterpiece 1:4 Scale Rambo 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very elaborate review.. Well worth the time to read.

I would also like to mention that aside from his composite bow & arrow and knife, Rambo really doesn't have a signature gun. He is seen wielding an AK-47 longer than any other gun, simply because that's almost always the type of gun he picks up from his defeated foes. Would've loved to read your thoughts on how well the AK-47 was made. I'll just have to find out myself when I get mine.

Thanks for sharing your insights, and sharing the pretty output of your photography skills. Looking forward to more reviews, as Enterbay is rumored to do the Rambo quadrilogy. :clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AK is really nicely done, the metal parts have a highly realistic level of weathering on them, being able to really put bullets in the clip is a nice feature and there are moving, working parts. I do think the wood seems almost too new looking, not too worn out, which contrasts a bit with the metal. For anyone who doesn't have the T-800, the weapons will be a real treat, when you're holding a figure's weapons and can feel the texture of the real materials and sense their weight, it really elevates them to a level that the plastic, painted ones we're used to in 1:6 never could reach.

^^ Thanks for the follow up review, Sean. Happy birthday to you! :wave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ss
those joints are absolutely hideous and immediately destroys any semblance of realism. also, i think the sculpt is off, doesn't look much like stallone. only a mild likeness imo. just my 2 cents'.

"doesn't look much like Stallone, only a mild likeness" This guy is the definition of a Troll.

How can anyone say this isn't an almost perfect likeness of Stallone:dunno This figure is great, this guy needs to get his eyes checked and start warring glasses.

The head sculpt on this is so awesome, I really don't see how future Rambo fig releases well top it. I know am wrong, it well be topped, but for now this is the champ.

Last edited:
The head sculpt on this is so awesome, I really don't see how future Rambo fig releases well top it. I know am wrong, it well be topped, but for now this is the champ.

Exactly, as I mentioned, many of us felt so about the HT Rambo 3, and here we are. The evolving skills of the artists behind these products is mind blowing.

Good review. The body could have been a little buffer considering it's a custom job and it would have been nice for a ball-joint solution or a jacket. But all in all I'd give the figure a solid B, basically losing most points in the body and a couple in the likeness dept. It will be interested to see if folks do some statue-style customs on this -- locking in a pose, puyttying the ball joints, repainting, weathering, etc.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Rocky, just hopefully it will be all four boxers (Creed, Clubber, Drago) and not just Stallone.

I'm not a fan of the exposed joints. But to say that this doesnt look much like Stallone is ridiculous comment IMO. Especially coming from a guy who works at toy shop who have bad experiences with enterbay. come on, give credit where it's due man.

ss

"doesn't look much like Stallone, only a mild likeness" This guy is the definition of a Troll.

How can anyone say this isn't an almost perfect likeness of Stallone:dunno This figure is great, this guy needs to get his eyes checked and start warring glasses.

just because i don't share the same opinion as you guys who love it i'm a troll? judgmental much? i didn't know we weren't allowed to have contrary viewpoints here. i have seen this thing in hand which is what led me to say that the likeness is mild. for example, it doesn't really capture stallone's very distinct eyes. it doesn't mean there is NO likeness at all. now if i resorted to hyperbole like "omfg, worst sculpt ever!" or "it's utter crap" then u could accuse me of trolling. on the other hand, personal attacks like "needs to get his eyes checked" --- now THAT's trolling. if you love it and think it's perfect, then that's great --- power to you. but a differing opinion doesn't render your tastes invalid. come on, get a grip on your own sensitivities, guys.

I'M NO TOURIST

RH.jpg

I’ve been a Rambo fan for over 20 years. My introduction to the character came through the old cartoon series and Rambo 3 taped off TV and edited for content. While still a pretty intense film, the edited version was much cleaner and it would be some time before I saw the uncut version and new what was missing, the biggest thing being the sealing of the wound on his side; this scene was totally removed, making no sense of why Rambo took a single bullet from Mousa. As a child, I would pretend I was Rambo, tying my bathrobe belt around my head and arming myself with all the machine gun toys I had, and of course a knife. I probably shouldn’t have been watching this movie as young as I was because I even wanted to try and have a stick fight with someone, not fully grasping the pain of such a sport.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotflBro that took me back!My cousins and i use to try to imitate the same fight sequence but ended early when one of them blocked a blow with their forearm and breaking it(the forearm i mean).Sean AWESOME review and THANX cause i was teeter-totterin on whether getting this or sticking with buying the 1/6 MIB figures but 1/4 scale it is.The PICS. look INCREDIBLE!The likenesss is uncanny and for the guy who said that the sculpt doesn't resemble Rambo,should take his two cents and buy some glasses!Sean do the arrows unassemble like in the movie or is that only the special preorder ones?THANX AGAIN!:wink1:

Only the bonus arrows from ordering direct from Enterbay break down, the regular ones are just solid.

The likenesss is uncanny and for the guy who said that the sculpt doesn't resemble Rambo,should take his two cents and buy some glasses!

see my previous post, guess that refers to you as well. anyway, i've said my piece. won't be joining you at your level.

and to maulfan, keep those nice reviews coming dude. :clap

By the way, I know people think the eyes are wrong for Sly, but they're not wrong depending on your reference. Does it have the trademark Stallone puppy eyes, know, but being out in the desert and sun a lot, Sly was more squinty, the figure's look is true to different reference images.

Like this shot, this is along the lines of what the figure is like.

Rambo-3-muscles.jpg

Awesome review MF! The Headsculpt on this figure is mind-blowingly good, as well as your photos. Man, what a change has been made in a matter of 4 years.

By the way, I know people think the eyes are wrong for Sly, but they're not wrong depending on your reference. Does it have the trademark Stallone puppy eyes, know, but being out in the desert and sun a lot, Sly was more squinty, the figure's look is true to different reference images.

Like this shot, this is along the lines of what the figure is like.

Rambo-3-muscles.jpg

Yes, that was the picture i posted in the second page...possibly one of the references pictures EB used, it just shows how good they got the likeness on this figure.

Yeah, I do think the stubble amount may play a factor in folks not feeling the likeness, the figure is a bit more clean shaven than many will associate with Rambo. Look at that photo of Sly, he's got a farily heavy amount growing it. Pretty much as soon as he left for Afghanistan, it got heavier throughout.

I'm treating this as a Rambo 2 figure myself. Absolutely fantastic pictures bro. I am so glad I got this collectible.

While I think that tylerdurden was a little harsh on criticizing the likeness I share his disappointment with this figure. Also, calling people names because their opinion is different from majority is childish to say the least. As with most figures, the first thing that throws off the likeness are the eyes. Even though minor mistakes on the facial features can be tolerable, the eyes must be perfect to capture the likeness. If EB used the above pic as a reference for Rambo's eyes than I think that they made a wrong decision. With that said, if they somehow covered the joints I would've bought the figure. However, the eyes and the joints are too much for me. Although this is the best representation of Rambo, it doesn't make it an excellent figure.

Excellent review by the way Sean, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Back