1/6th Clone Commander Thire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great work on the pistol and holsters Lopie . You're inspiring to finish my Bly , but I've gone and misplaced one of his pistols ! I've so many boxes of stuff loaded with bits and bobs from half finished/just started/aborted/nearly done projects that I don't know what's what and where it is ! On the subject of Commanders , I'm considering promoting my custom 501st trooper to Commander , anyone have any info/pics that would come in useful?

That's great work on the pistol and holsters Lopie . You're inspiring to finish my Bly , but I've gone and misplaced one of his pistols ! I've so many boxes of stuff loaded with bits and bobs from half finished/just started/aborted/nearly done projects that I don't know what's what and where it is ! On the subject of Commanders , I'm considering promoting my custom 501st trooper to Commander , anyone have any info/pics that would come in useful?

I found this site it has alot of info. on clones and commanders. https://forum.clonetroopers.net/

That site is ace Lopie!! And as for that airy dust, I am sprinkling it on a Battle droid as we speak but he is not changing into a Thire :(

me too, my BD's legs are really bent, they actually make a curve intstead of a straight line... he can't stand up by himself... my poor droid...

Battle droids and super battle droids are bad but Grievous is the worst.

I almost forgot, the Geonosian warrior is the worst actually.

Battle droids and super battle droids are bad but Grievous is the worst.

I almost forgot, the Geonosian warrior is the worst actually.

hmmm... not sure about that, mine seems to be almost ok... some slight bent-ness, but not too much. I wish it was more poseable! Stupid hands cant hold anything but the pokey stick that came with it (which I don't have since I got my Geo on eBay loose)... hmm maybe I'll try to make a Geonosian blaster at some point that can fit the hands well...

hmmm... not sure about that, mine seems to be almost ok... some slight bent-ness, but not too much.

Mines been siting on a figure stand for the last 7 years or so since it came out, and every year its bent more and more, just give yours some time.:lol

Almost for got the pit droids are bendy too.

Mines been siting on a figure stand for the last 7 years or so since it came out, and every year its bent more and more, just give yours some time.:lol

Almost for got the pit droids are bendy too.

Oh yea, they sure are... I don't know what Hasbro was thinking... maybe they were trying to market to Darthgothikus because they know he likes flexible droids.. :naughty

:lol

Last edited:
Nice Skirt. :lol I kid of course. He is looking good. I had an idea on the holster. I was going thru my parts box last night and found a hard plastic one that Dragon made. Cut off the straps and repaint, it might work. I am going to play around with it this weekend and see how it works. Now I need to order some MP7's.

Well, I was able to get a lot done tonight. I cast the guns in black resin and the holsters in white, and then I weathered up the holster. I also redid the pauldron, I still have some little nit picky stuff to do, but for the most part it’s done. Chakaman was kind enough to lend me his pauldron and pouches so I casted the pouches and copied his pauldron. I made mine a little bigger, SS figures are bigger then Medi stuff so I compensated for the size difference.

S8000278.jpg

S8000280.jpg

S8000282.jpg

S8000301.jpg

S8000305.jpg

S8000292.jpg

S8000294.jpg

S8000286.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry but I can't see the images. Would you mind sending your Commander Thire over to me for closer inspection? :naughty

Honestly LOPIE, this Cdr Thire is brilliant. Well done.
I never added paint to my resin. Have to try this soon.

Jason, that looks fabulous! I am glad I could be of some help. I am really looking forward to finishing mine now.

what type of resin do you use for your casts

Thanks for the postive comments. I used smooth-on products, they just came out with a pigment for their resin and I just got black and skin tone. I'm going to try to cast some Clone heads in skin tone. And if someone wants any of this stuff let me know I have a few extra pouches, guns, and holsters.

Back