Post your top 5 figures of the year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centrocal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't pick just one

1 IG-11, this figure is so unique and unusual looking, he immediately grabs your attention on the shelf. What impressed me most was the amount of articulation they were able to give him. I was expecting him to be limited in movement but hes incredibly poseable. The diecast in the legs gives it some nice weight when you pick it up. It really feels more like a miniature prop or stop motion maquette than an action figure.

Mx7ld1P.jpg

2 Venom (pic by Yoshi ) I don't have this in hand so can only judge how it looks. This pic really exemplifies the physique of Venom which I feel HT captured perfectly. The broad shoulder, slightly top heavy, bodybuilder look hes always had in the comic books. Im glad they gave him cut shoulder and hip joints. Some people wanted a seamless body and others wanted visible joints but I think HT made all the right choices, design wise. The magnetic head is another great feature, along with the smoky eye lens and swap out tongue.

7cchIOn.jpg

3 Mysterio Stunning and elegant.The modernization of this characters classic costume was perfectly realized in the movie. The figure has a very regal appearance, especially with the light up helmet. I appreciate the luminous paint but can just imagine how good it would look if the entire suit lit up. The cape is one of HT better attempts (although the bar is very low for capes). And while the circumstances around the Gyllenhaal head sculpt announcement/withdrawal/and then surprise reveal! will remain a mystery forever, it only adds to the figures enigmatic appeal

IpoGimv.jpg

4 The Gunslinger by LIM Toys. This figure had a long development process, but after all the delays, it was finally released and surpassed all expectations. 2 head sculpts with multiple hair attachments, a unique custom body, 2 coats, 2 pairs of boots, 7 pairs of hands and a plethora of accessories. A finely tailored and weathered outfit with a wired collar and suspenders. This is the kind of figure that reminds you why you like collecting, all those tiny intricate details that no one would notice but they're all there. The scar on his chin, the holster with individual bullets, carvings on the pocket watch, the sketchbook filled with drawings, a working lantern. If that wasn't enough, they made a 3rd head sculpt available separately with a short beard, so you can have all 3 display options.

N7FdERG.jpg

5 Ghost of Battlefield by VTS. Based on Ghosts of Tsushima, a meticulous recreation of Jin's armor. Featuring metal parts and multiple layers of materials. The costume is assembled faithfully to authentic samurai armor as close as possible. The metal plates of the skirt are held together with actual rope. Printed fabric with wiring. Several ropes wrapped around his body and they are even used to hold the face mask in place, instead of elastic. The accessories include 3 metal katana swords, bow & arrow, flute and metal throwing kunai. The deluxe edition includes a beautifully sculpted temple diorama base, depicting fallen leaves, stone lanterns, a fabric flag and the slightly overfed fox.

HGq94th.png

my runner ups were:

Heavy Mando
Mando Scout Trooper and Speeder bike
Spiderman Upgrade suit

My Top Five:
1. Jazzinc Iron Scavenger (aka Vulture from Spider-Man: Homecoming ), and nothing else comes close.
2. Toys Era The Fiend Deluxe (aka Green Goblin on his Glider from Spider-Man);
3. Hot Toys Mysterio from Spider-Man: Far From Home ;
4. Art Figures The Mercenary (aka Crossbones from Captain America: Civil War);
5. In-Famous Space Wizard (aka Ebony Maw from Avengers IW & EG).

Honorable Mention:
- Hot Toys Mando+Child and IG-11 from The Mandalorian;
- Hot Toys Miles Morales from Spider-Man PS5;
- Hot Toys Spider-Man Anti-Ock Suit Deluxe from Spider-Man PS4 ;
- Toys Era Galaxy Warlord (Ronan from GoTG ) and The Omniscent (Heimdall from Thor: Ragnarok ).

Note: I only considered figures I've received in 2021, so released items that I ordered but haven't received yet (like Venom, EG Iron Patriot, EG Thor) were ineligible.

Ill be setting up the figure of the year thread in the usual time after xmas.

Still a few releases that might make the cut… (Pennywise I am looking at you.)

It will be run like most years Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. Mixed class.

We will keep it open for 2 -3 weeks for voting.

I see alot of contenders on this thread already…..we got alot of good stuff…..not just from HT. Neca AWIL , Dam Toys Godfather. that Trinty figure….

1. First Contact Picard
2. DID Captain Miller
3. Mezco Conan
4. NECA Quint
5. Technically it's more than one but the Marvel Legends Falcon and Winter Soldier wave is amazing. They even got Zemo's moles in tiny scale.

No particular order.

DamToys - The Godfather
Blitzway - Where's Wally/Waldo
Lim Toys - The Gunslinger
Hot Toys - Hellboy
Exo-6 - Jean-Luc Picard

1. Hot Toys - Rex
2. LIM Toys - The Gunslinger
3. ThreeZero - Jaime Lannister
4. Hot Toys - The Mandalorian and The Child
5. Damtoys - Ezio Auditore (Revelations version)

I'm largely a Hot Toys collector, so I'd go with the following:
1. Mysterio
2. Helboy
3. Captain Rex
4. The Omniscient (Heimdal) by ToysEra
5. Miles Morales

1. Exo 6 Jean Luc Picard
2. Exo 6 Lt Commander Data
3. Hot Toys Heavy Mando
4. Hot Toys Captain Rex

Top 5 new figures in 2021
1. Jazzinc Iron Scavenger
2. HT Spider-Man (HC) 1/4
3. HT Alita : Battle Angel
4. HT IG-11
5. Toys Era The Fiend
Runner ups:
HT Mysterio
HT Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike

Top 5 grail figures in 2021
1. HT Indiana Jones
2. HT Red Skull
3. HT Tony Stark The Mechanic
4. HT Avengers : Age of Ultron - Scarlet Witch
5. HT Avengers : Age of Ultron - Quicksilver

Well, didn't pick up a lot of figures this year so this will be pretty easy for me...
1. Asmus Crown Gandalf the Grey
2. Hot Toys Mando and Child
3. Asmus Gimli
4. Hot Toys Bespin Lando Calrissian
5. Hot Toys Gamora

I didn't get too many figures this year, and few from HT... but of the few I picked up, there's only one that I feel could compete this year against the best, especially considering price...

ThreeZero - Jaime Lannister

I did not get this one but from the pictures I've seen I'd also put up:

Hot Toys - Gamora v2

1. POPTOYS 1/6 Brave Samurai UJIO
2. Coomodel 1/6 Ferdinand II Of The Holy Roman Empire
3. Hot toys Mysterio
4. Hot toys Hellboy
5. Kaustic Plastik Peter sellers

So many great figures released this year, so as with any year, it's difficult to just choose five. I narrowed mine down to what gave me the most impact. :D My number one is to be expected!! :lol:rotfl

My top 5 are:

1. HT Avengers: Endgame Captain Marvel - My most anticipated figure thus far, and she was everything I was hoping for; she came out absolutely fantastic and I couldn't be happier with the figure. She looks impeccably sharp, a spitting image of B.L. as Captain Marvel and I'm just wowed with having the figure in front of me and capturing my imagination. The figure looks just about near perfect, if not, perfect, to me.

2. HT QS 1/4 Homecoming Spider-Man Deluxe - A glorious Spider-Man figure indeed! The amount of detail, presence this figure has is just glorious. I'm impressed with the 1/6 Spidey figures, but this 1/4 takes it to the zenith. Again, I quite like HT's work on the QS line, when looking at the figure, it looks like a high-end statue, yet it's a huge, heavily detailed, articulated figure. Most impressive! Plus, on top of that there's a slew of fun accessories. Not to forget the enormous, well done Vulture base, in which truly gives the entire display a higher-end statue aesthetic.

3. Hasbro G.I. Joe Classified Snake Eyes & Timber - I like S.E. the most of G.I. Joe and, to have this set is great! The Snake Eyes looks classic and to include Timber with him is so fitting. Timber even comes with an interchangeable growling head which makes it even better! I have SS's 1/6 S.E. & Timber, and to have it in 1/12 too is awesome.

4. Threezero G.I. Joe FigZero 1/6 Snake Eyes - I don't have it in hand yet (in my PoL @ BBTS lol :lol ), though from videos and pictures, I can tell I'm going to be happy with it. Again, I quite like S.E. and this design for him is interesting to my eye, it definitely feels like a good rendition.

5. HT The Mandalorian and The Child Deluxe - The Mandalorian series really catapulted me into the SW universe (plus a nudge from a fellow freak member). This Mandalorian Beskar Armor figure is a great representation of the show and to have it is a pleasure. The armor finish is nicely done and the silhouette is reminiscent of the show. It's got accessories galore and the two grogus are a nice touch. I'm really happy to have this figure, since Mando is a big part of SW to me.

No particular order:

Hot Toys Captain Rex
Threezero Ranger Javelin
Hot Toys Endgame Iron Patriot
Hot Toys Scout Trooper and Bike
Custom MW2 TF141 op

1. Heavy Mando
2. Iron Patriot
3. Miles Morales PS5
4. Mando and Child
5. Mysterio
Honourable mention: Venom
Awesome figures this year, excited for 2022.

Back