1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It honestly looks like the hair could be ok with a little spritzing and styling (as long as you don't mind doing that)

I don't know how it comes out of the box but helmet hair is obviously gonna be an issue with this figure, and to be fair is the same in real life.

The release sculpt definitely has a bit of a downgrade in the face, the paint isn't as good and the likeness is a bit softer but it's not bad.

I also feel like the area around her jaw/cheeks looks a bit more puffy due to the collar looking like it's been moved up on the release figure compared to the proto. I assume they did that because it's more movie accurate but it does give the cheeks a fuller look as an illusion possibly.

Rest we'll need to wait on video reviews for as these blogger pics have often proved not to be the best source to judge by.

Hope it comes out strong as I still love the armor and that still seems to have the right lustre.

Last edited:
I'm quite pleased with how the HS turned out. There is a definite downgrade in the paint apps, which hurts the likeness, but it's still much, much better than any of the earlier versions, so I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on a loose sculpt.

Honestly, the hair is letting this head sculpt down. On other figures, I’ve seen rooted hair get replaced and the face immediately looks way better.

She looks good, but something about the HS is holding me back from pulling the trigger (been on the fence for a while), I guess I'm gonna allocate the fund somewhere else :whistle:.

I still like the sculpt…the hair just changes it to disappointment for the likeness. But it makes me excited for the classic armor sculpt upcoming
This sculpt has a remarkable likeness to GG, but (unless something changes) the classic armor sculpt is a notch below. Yulli sculpted this one while Tae Ho Kang sculpted the classic armor prototype. At first I assumed they reused the GA head and THK just added the sculpted hair, but they are definitely different. IDK, maybe it's the lighting combined with the sculpted hair, but IMO the CA likeness isn't quite as good. Hopefully it's tweaked slightly for production. The CA version also has a removable tiara; I wonder if that will fit (& look good) on the GA sculpt as well? That would give us an opportunity to mix & match the two (minus the helmet) if so desired.

This sculpt has a remarkable likeness to GG, but (unless something changes) the classic armor sculpt is a notch below. Yulli sculpted this one while Tae Ho Kang sculpted the classic armor prototype. At first I assumed they reused the GA head and THK just added the sculpted hair, but they are definitely different. IDK, maybe it's the lighting combined with the sculpted hair, but IMO the CA likeness isn't quite as good. Hopefully it's tweaked slightly for production. The CA version also has a removable tiara; I wonder if that will fit (& look good) on the GA sculpt as well? That would give us an opportunity to mix & match the two (minus the helmet) if so desired.
I agree 100%.
And I believe the tiara can be placed on this version's head.. just need to becareful of scratching the paint.

Even though this suit was gorgeous in design…I felt this suit was used poorly in the actual film and it didn’t impress me that she only was highlighted using it in flight mostly.

That’s why I”m passing on this HT version on her and waiting for the classic look :lecture
They made it out to be this amazing badass suit of armour then it gets trashed instantly during her first fight with it.

Came out looking great. The fact that she looks so good with the helmet on shows the sculpt is on-point. The poorly futzed hair ruins the distortion of here face shape, needs to be majorly styled.

That photo comparing with the JL sculpt shows how good it is.

Excited to get mine in.

Honestly even if the sculpt wasn't working that well for me, I would still want to pick this up for that gorgeous looking armor. This thing will look so amazing on display I could almost be happy with the BvS head under the helmet.
Hey, I'll take the head sculpt, you can have the armor. :D

After seeing plenty of pics and especially video of the headsculpt, I’d have to say it looks fantastic. It obviously was never gonna be the masterfully painted prototype but it’s pretty great as a mass produced portrait. I don’t get how people are crapping on it because the “out of box” hair. Imagine if I judged my wife based on how her hair looked straight out of bed. And imagine if I told her to put on a helmet to improve her face. Judging by seeing a good handful of collectors pics who took more than 2 minutes to style it, it really can be done. I’m looking forward to getting it this week and seeing other people’s pics.

Back