1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could have just included a sculpt with the helmet on and a seperate unmasked sculpt with sculpted hair. I don't want to be messing about with doll hair on a figure. The cheap hair they use will never accurately reflect Gal's hair better than a good sculpt could.

A little disappointing, but it’s the same sculpt. I think it comes down to lighting, paint application falloff and hair application/styling falloff. Most folks will probably be happy with it in hand. I have no plans to cancel. My bigger issue is the fact that HT never produced a 1/6 Cheetah. I wasn’t a fan of WW84, or even the Cheetah design and blurry scenes, but that may be the only live action appearance of the villain for the foreseeable future.

I'd say one consensus is that the bloggers aren't doing the figure any favors. That is becoming a regular occurance.
Not getting this (the movie was less than stellar and kinda creepy) but I am curious to see how the usual suspects present this in video reviews...

Based on pictures alone, I think the paint app of the sculpt is softer on the final than prototype. The hair definitely needs work. I saw the real suit when I was at the WB Studios Tour in LA this past summer:
8E5C3084-9EA4-4AE8-AFFE-71D18EF20A86.jpeg
8A46723D-C8C5-4D1F-BAA7-80CA448E5B80.jpeg

So I think HT got most of it right, but I am not keen on seeing the chrome gold degrade over time, so I passed on this fig. (Yes, the movie was a mess and this suit didn’t really do much either.)

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I highly doubt the shape or width of the head changed - that’s most certainly just comes down to what lenses were used by the photographers.

The hair looks a little smooshed by the packaging (or maybe the helmet) in some of the blogger photos, but I think other photos prove it’s certainly not beyond salvaging.

The paintwork was likely superior on the prototype but such will always be the case.
The Head sculpt lost many details due to the soft paintwork

I am done with this figure and I won’t say anything anymore

Attachments

• 6D988B9A-7A11-4F40-8207-AAF1D288978C.jpeg
    6D988B9A-7A11-4F40-8207-AAF1D288978C.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 259
For that price, it should be more than “okay”.

After sleeping on it, the overall package (especially the deluxe) will probably look amazing on the shelf.

We just had our hype turned too high because the proto was amazing.

I kinda wanted the sculpt to use for a different WW figure based on how perfect the proto-sculpt looked, but they threw that right out the window... I don't care if it is the hair or "angles" that is a crap sculpt. In most pics she looks like Liv Tyler through a very heavy handed beauty filter.

Yes, so far the effort (or lack thereof) that HT put into styling the hair looks rather disappointing, but there are always going to be a few wild hairs on a rooted head that need to be tamed with a bit of water. Not something to get up in arms about IMO. And leaving that helmet on for any length of time will probably push down the hair on top as well - so I'm sure there will be complaints down the road about that as well lol.

Hair futzing aside, this looks to be a stellar release. Looking forward to it!
Indeed, small futzing are always tolerated. Not sure about this one though, I feel like it's going to be quite a work to do, but I need to wait till I have it in hand.
One of the most crucial problem that is very impactful to the likeness is the type of bang on the hair. In the proto we see a stylized version and in the actual product it really needs work.

Aside from the hair, the rest is awesome.
I am done with this figure and I won’t say anything anymore
My friend, I'm sure lens distortion have a lot of role here, wait for a video review or wait till you see it in person.. I'm sure it's just hair and paintwork, the sculpt is there. :)

The thing with video reviews is I only see 1 person trying to get the hair right and as far as I know he isn't getting this figure.

Can you guess who I'm thinking of?

I think the likeness looks fantastic in this shot, once the hair is properly styled. Although I'm sure a slight repaint could bring it out even more. Which is probably what I'll be doing with mine.

And I'll definitely be trying to pick up a second sculpt to use on my BVS figure.

29D2F8EA-0150-4570-A0A6-2FB56F59B37B.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the likeness looks fantastic in this shot, once the hair is properly styled. Although I'm sure a slight repaint could bring it out even more. Which is probably what I'll be doing with mine.

And I'll definitely be trying to pick up a second sculpt to use on my BVS figure.
Whoa the likeness is pretty good here!

The thing with video reviews is I only see 1 person trying to get the hair right and as far as I know he isn't getting this figure.

Can you guess who I'm thinking of?
Have no idea..

View attachment 553517

Looks really nice there. Not the disaster the other pictures make her look like.

Back