1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and dumped my points and got the deluxe for "free". It looks close enough to the proto when the helmet is on and I never really considered displaying it without the wings or on another WW. Realize it may or may not sell well and go on discount but whatever. The points were always being saved for this figure. I think it is going to be excellent in hand.

Based on the original release date of the film (June 2020) and the announcement of this figure (May 2020) I don’t think you could blame HT for making a figure based on such little screen time. They would have probably seen concept art 6-12 months or longer before hand and based their work on that and then footage from the film, stills etc. It’s a great design regardless of how much screen time it had and if anyone is to blame it’s the studio for signing it off. I am not a HT apologist lol they do some really stupid things!

Even though the armor is from the disastrous movie, it somehow doesn't remind me much of it; not like the brightened regular armor does. Every time I see the brighter armor, I just think how bad that movie was.

Been trying to see if I should get the 1/6 Koto version while it's on sale, since the likeness is better than HT regular armor. But I might just go this route instead.

But sheesh, that waist is basically immovable. So limited in articulation. Might as well be a statue. I guess it's the same with the regular WW though.

Last edited:
I think i’m the only person on Earth that doesn’t completely hate this movie lol. I think it has some genuinely great moments, the action in the middle East was good, i loved the flying scene, i liked Diana’s arc with Steve, i don’t even hate the Cheetah fight…..i just wish she was the main villain.

The movie is too long and the finale with Maxwell was a little heavy handed message wise, i also wish we had more WW in costume…..but i think the movie is perfectly watchable.

463755AA-615B-412C-80C6-A2212794EB92.jpeg

I enjoyed the movie as well. I think the movie really managed to capture the 80's vibe, including itself as a movie. It's a simple and light entertainment. My wife hated it though.

Indeed, small futzing are always tolerated. Not sure about this one though, I feel like it's going to be quite a work to do, but I need to wait till I have it in hand.
One of the most crucial problem that is very impactful to the likeness is the type of bang on the hair. In the proto we see a stylized version and in the actual product it really needs work.

Aside from the hair, the rest is awesome.

My friend, I'm sure lens distortion have a lot of role here, wait for a video review or wait till you see it in person.. I'm sure it's just hair and paintwork, the sculpt is there. :)
After watching the video review I have decided to keep my preorder, but still I am not 100% satisfied with the head sculp

It hurt me when Regan “broke” the armor on the back. But his mistake just saved me from trying that an crunch when mine comes in.

Yes, I winced at that too. For what it is, it looks like a great, but very fragile figure. It will certainly be a focal point for a display! The head sculpt looks fine. If it didn't feature the side glance, people would be complaining about the dead-eyed straight-ahead stare! The hair will need a lot of work and the posing/display options are pretty limited because of the design, but it's another case where a character design that features a lot of CGI cheats to pull off movement and action in a movie has to become limited when it's rendered as a figure. It looks good. I hope the fans who pick it up are pleased.

I'll enjoy seeing more in-hand photos and videos of this figure, but considering that I did not like the movie and it's such a display hog, I'll be passing.

I don’t know why he was so rough with the figure. You can clearly see the stomach area is very tight and restrictive. The crunching sound was awful lol

Agreed. Like @jedibear said, this figure is one of those that looks really nice, but fragile. Though the review did show off the headsculpt the best we've seen so far IMO. Definitely sealed the deal that I will need to try to pick one up just to have even though I don't have a Wonder Woman figure to display at the moment.

Nice video! I definitely see Gal on the sculpt.
I'm pretty happy with my BvS WW so I only need the sculpt.
I see two problems though, I think everyone is gonna want that loose head when its available. And two, I'm gonna need to get a knock off head for the tiara.

Nice video! I definitely see Gal on the sculpt.
I'm pretty happy with my BvS WW so I only need the sculpt.
I see two problems though, I think everyone is gonna want that loose head when its available. And two, I'm gonna need to get a knock off head for the tiara.
Or pick up a loose tiara from the regular armor 1984 version. The tiara is removable on that one.

I think i’m the only person on Earth that doesn’t completely hate this movie lol. I think it has some genuinely great moments, the action in the middle East was good, i loved the flying scene, i liked Diana’s arc with Steve, i don’t even hate the Cheetah fight…..i just wish she was the main villain.

The movie is too long and the finale with Maxwell was a little heavy handed message wise, i also wish we had more WW in costume…..but i think the movie is perfectly watchable.
Nope…I enjoyed it!
It is highly flawed, overflowing with some truly cringe-inducing moments, but overall I thought it was fun and an enjoyable, almost, guilty pleasure. I’m looking forward to seeing the deluxe figure brightening up my gloomy DCEU shelves!

Sweet! I didnt know that. Thanks for the info man.
Of course! I’m thinking that maybe I’ll get the 84 regular armor and pick up this golden armor headsculpt separate along with sword and shield from previous releases since I don’t have a WW at the moment

There's always WW3 to look forward to, if these two current headsculpt don't satisfy someone. :D

Justin just got it delivered during a live stream a little while ago. He opened on live stream and showed the head sculpt. Between the review thats out and what Justin showed of it, she looks much better on video.

Back