1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another really nice shot from FB. I can't freakin wait for this.

FB_IMG_1641225314549.jpg

After seeing plenty of pics and especially video of the headsculpt, I’d have to say it looks fantastic. It obviously was never gonna be the masterfully painted prototype but it’s pretty great as a mass produced portrait. I don’t get how people are crapping on it because the “out of box” hair. Imagine if I judged my wife based on how her hair looked straight out of bed. And imagine if I told her to put on a helmet to improve her face. Judging by seeing a good handful of collectors pics who took more than 2 minutes to style it, it really can be done. I’m looking forward to getting it this week and seeing other people’s pics.
Imagine judging your wife by how her hair looks at all…

I ordered the regular version for space considerations, but it looks like even the regular wings will really fill up a detolf. This is going to look great!

Sculpt looks decent in that review. I still think it's a long way from Hot Toys best work. Compare it to the Yelena and Fennec Shand sculpts and it's a long way short. Those two perfectly capture the likeness of the actress they are based on.

Sculpt looks decent in that review. I still think it's a long way from Hot Toys best work. Compare it to the Yelena and Fennec Shand sculpts and it's a long way short. Those two perfectly capture the likeness of the actress they are based on.
Both are prototypes. Wait until the figure releases.

True but what I meant was those sculpts are significantly ahead of this and any of the Gal Gadot prototypes Hot Toys have ever made.
Fair, best is objective of course but community consensus seemed to be that the prototype was one of their bests. I personally think the final is not as far off of the proto is people think, light, paint and hair have a lot to do with it. I think something people don't seem to get is it's not just effort, certain facial features are just easier to capture in a smaller scale, and some are very easy to lose even if the actual 3d mold is identical to the proto.

Just my 2 cents

Fair, best is objective of course but community consensus seemed to be that the prototype was one of their bests. I personally think the final is not as far off of the proto is people think, light, paint and hair have a lot to do with it. I think something people don't seem to get is it's not just effort, certain facial features are just easier to capture in a smaller scale, and some are very easy to lose even if the actual 3d mold is identical to the proto.

Just my 2 cents
Indeed It looks very close to the proto in that video. The blogger pics Hot Toys use rarely show a a figure at it's best in my opinion.

They create some cool shots and showcase very creative photography but don't offer much of a clue how the figure will look in the typical collectors display.

Indeed It looks very close to the proto in that video. The blogger pics Hot Toys use rarely show a a figure at it's best in my opinion.

They create some cool shots and showcase very creative photography but don't offer much of a clue how the figure will look in the typical collectors display.
Agreed. They generally seem to be more worried with creating poses or action shots that re-create the film as opposed to actually highlighting the figure or its specific features.

I think a more casual side glance would work fine on a regular armor WW, but not so much for this one that's supposed to be more of a battle armor.
Honestly, at this stage I think we should be getting the moving eyes feature with almost all figures, it just adds so much more personality and display options.

The "DX" treatment, including the packaging, should become more standard imo.

This release screams DX potential to me.

It hurt me when Regan “broke” the armor on the back. But his mistake just saved me from trying that an crunch when mine comes in.

Back