1/6 Hot Toys - TMS061 - Loki - Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show wasn't conducive of figures honestly. Accountant Loki? Sylvie? President Loki (which only appeared for like 10 seconds)?

These don't seem like compelling figures at all.

I could see them waiting until the Endgame Loki is released before announcing this one. Maybe they're hoping more people will order that, by lack of any others. Or they are afraid they'll lose orders for the EG Loki over this one.

But, I think, for that to happen this would have to be a pretty stellar release, either headsculpt(s) wise or in accessories, because EG Loki looks a lot more interesting than tax-auditor Loki.

I've been waiting for a good, more comic accurate Loki design for years now, as I always found his looks too leathery and not regal enough, and it looks I'll have to keep waiting. I hope S2 gives him some actual costumes because, honestly, I really don't see Taxman Loki selling in any capacity. What accessories can you even pack with him? I think they should scrap these, go work on some other awaited figures first, and come back for S2 if more interesting designs appear.

I've been waiting for a good, more comic accurate Loki design for years now, as I always found his looks too leathery and not regal enough, and it looks I'll have to keep waiting. I hope S2 gives him some actual costumes because, honestly, I really don't see Taxman Loki selling in any capacity. What accessories can you even pack with him? I think they should scrap these, go work on some other awaited figures first, and come back for S2 if more interesting designs appear.
Alligator Loki and Frog-Thor might be something that could entice people to order.

Alligator Loki and Frog-Thor might be something that could entice people to order.
Yeah, good point, but still, this Loki's look isn't terribly exciting. At least not enough for the 250$ they go for these days. If I'm going to buy a guy in a suit, it needs to be some classic of the medium, not Loki: Adventures In Taxation. I can see other people feeling differently about it though, maybe they like the character so much that they want all the variants and whatnot. We'll see, maybe these will go up for PO at some point.

Yeah, good point, but still, this Loki's look isn't terribly exciting. At least not enough for the 250$ they go for these days. If I'm going to buy a guy in a suit, it needs to be some classic of the medium, not Loki: Adventures In Taxation. I can see other people feeling differently about it though, maybe they like the character so much that they want all the variants and whatnot. We'll see, maybe these will go up for PO at some point.
Oh I absolutely agree. Loki needs some regal, mythical look, not just a suit. Come to think of it, maybe that's what holding them back in announcing this. There are rumors that Loki is appearing in Multiverse of Madness and if he's got a better look in that, people would more likely choose that one instead of the accountant version.

I think the Loki show was a good time to put him in his first Thor movie outfit at one point, which would've made for a better figure.

Oh I absolutely agree. Loki needs some regal, mythical look, not just a suit. Come to think of it, maybe that's what holding them back in announcing this. There are rumors that Loki is appearing in Multiverse of Madness and if he's got a better look in that, people would more likely choose that one instead of the accountant version.

I think the Loki show was a good time to put him in his first Thor movie outfit at one point, which would've made for a better figure.
All we can do is wait and see. At this point Doctor StrangeFate (who's actually Xavier) will be the next rumoured character to appear in MoM. I want a Loki, but I'm willing to wait for the "perfect" figure.

Well theres a lot of things we're still waiting for:

Red Guardian
Zemo
Zombie Cap
Loki
Sylvie
Crosshair
Koska Reeves
Axe Woves
Cobb Vanth
Fennec Shand
Battle Droid
the 2nd Grogu set
General Kenobi
Bespin Luke 2.0

Red Guardian
Zemo
Zombie Cap
Loki
Sylvie
Crosshair
Koska Reeves
Axe Woves
Cobb Vanth
Fennec Shand
Battle Droid
the 2nd Grogu set
General Kenobi
Bespin Luke 2.0
Bespin Han said to get in line.

Red Guardian
Zemo
Zombie Cap
Loki
Sylvie
Crosshair
Koska Reeves
Axe Woves
Cobb Vanth
Fennec Shand
Battle Droid
the 2nd Grogu set
General Kenobi
Bespin Luke 2.0
From the time they were announced to now, the only thing that I still have some interest in is Kenobi. And him not going up for PO makes me worry that they're waiting in case the show has CW flashbacks, so I even cancelled my General Skywalker from fear that they'll re-release him with some minor differences alongside a "new", Kenobi-accurate version of General Kenobi. The whole lineup feels pretty drab in general. I thought they'd have surely done Cosmic Ultron and that Gamora from What If, but nothing.

The show wasn't conducive of figures honestly. Accountant Loki? Sylvie? President Loki (which only appeared for like 10 seconds)?

These don't seem like compelling figures at all.
IDK, I think a Hot Toys Sylvie would look good on the shelf with either Avengers or Ragnarok Loki. They'd have to nail the likeness though and go with sculpted hair given the length (we don't need another AoU Black Widow situation, thank you very much).

7c72457246b2f1a48ba79cc4bb748c15.jpg

I liked her well enough and all, but come on, I want this Lady Loki:

h8kuzcwxztt31.png

It's not even about the cleavage, it's the whole appearance. "Sylvie" is literally a wholly different character. I want to see Lady Loki, period. This is a problem I have with regular Loki's costume; why is it all so pleathery? Why do they not give them any clasps and cloaks, intricate details and so on? Why is everything so boring? Especially when it comes to showy god-like beings. Where's the aesthetic dammit?!

I liked her well enough and all, but come on, I want this Lady Loki:

h8kuzcwxztt31.png

It's not even about the cleavage, it's the whole appearance. "Sylvie" is literally a wholly different character. I want to see Lady Loki, period. This is a problem I have with regular Loki's costume; why is it all so pleathery? Why do they not give them any clasps and cloaks, intricate details and so on? Why is everything so boring? Especially when it comes to showy god-like beings. Where's the aesthetic dammit?!
Hmm, sure. I believe you... :lol

IDK, I think a Hot Toys Sylvie would look good on the shelf with either Avengers or Ragnarok Loki. They'd have to nail the likeness though and go with sculpted hair given the length (we don't need another AoU Black Widow situation, thank you very much).

View attachment 540815
Meh, she just looks like a gender swap Cosplayer here honestly...

Although for the sake of the people who actually want this figure, I hope it works out for ya...but this ain't for me.

Hmm, sure. I believe you... :lol
I like tits, but I like A E S T H E T I C S more. Only TRVE Σigma Caniballionaires would understand.

tumblr_nuqhgi7iiH1u8h5aco1_500.gifv

Kidding aside, the MCU just turns every single costume in this pleather mess. I like some black leather from the Y2K era, but only when it fits the character. Loki and the such are larger than life showmen, they need more intricate looks. Lady Loki in the comics had a pretty great outfit going on. The large horns, the clasps, the leather boots and belts, the fur, the jewelery in her hair; it was a proper design. Now, if Sylvie is indeed all they'll go for with Lady Loki, then she's as underwhelming, even moreso than regular Loki, who I still think hasn't had a proper design yet. His Avengers 1 look where Hiddleston steals that guy's eye and is dressed in a long coat with an emerald scarf is classier than his black pleather outfits.

I was hoping for a 2 pack Loki & Sylvie with accessories like Alligator Loki , Frog-Thor and a nice diorama base from beyond the void
And maybe 2 suits for Loki

Back