1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman and Batcycle Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems Ben did wear the cape and cowl on set one last time. View attachment 645322
Another cool pic :

Tournage noir et blanc.jpg

The problem with the Snyderverse whether you want to acknowledge it or not is that it just wasn’t that successful.

I liked aspects of it including Affleck as Batman and even have grown to liking the films more but they weren’t very well received by critics or audiences. Yes, I know there are the diehard fans but they’re a minority.

It doesn’t make sense to keep pushing forward and beating a dead horse trying to force it to happen.
The problem is that WB has zero clue how to handle their characters and should never had meddled with Snyder‘s original vision. BvS theatrical was met with divisive response where as the UE has won many people over and is considered the superior version. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard it. ZSJL is also widely accepted as the far superior version over Josstice League. Both films’ suffer from studio meddling leading to poor response.
Of course they’re not going to push further because that’s essentially admitting their many faults.
Also, critics don’t know squat.

The problem is that WB has zero clue how to handle their characters and should never had meddled with Snyder‘s original vision. BvS theatrical was met with divisive response where as the UE has won many people over and is considered the superior version. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard it. ZSJL is also widely accepted as the far superior version over Josstice League. Both films’ suffer from studio meddling leading to poor response.
Of course they’re not going to push further because that’s essentially admitting their many faults.
Also, critics don’t know squat.
The Ultimate Edition of BVS might be considered the better version and I agree but there are still a lot of issues with it. I just don’t think Snyder or his style of storytelling was ever going to win over a mainstream audience.

There are too many Snyder fanboys who just can’t get over the fact that it’s done and it’s time to move on. That’s the larger issue.

WB is trying to move forward with the DCU which we haven’t seen yet a segment of people are determined to not like it because it’s not by Zack Snyder.

The Ultimate Edition of BVS might be considered the better version and I agree but there are still a lot of issues with it. I just don’t think Snyder or his style of storytelling was ever going to win over a mainstream audience.

There are too many Snyder fanboys who just can’t get over the fact that it’s done and it’s time to move on. That’s the larger issue.

WB is trying to move forward with the DCU which we haven’t seen yet a segment of people are determined to not like it because it’s not by Zack Snyder.
I was a mainstream audience, and I became a "Snyder cultist". I'd never watched anything of his before, or even knew his name.

Snyder delivers Serious, detail rich, meaningful, visually stunning epic movies. Something which was lacking in Marvel. To me that is what DC should be and where they can set themselves apart.

But sure no doubt "mainstream" want Marvel, shallow, popcorn movies, so why not make more.

Doesn't mean Snyder's movies were poor movies or ill suited to the DC aesthetic.

We just finally moved the Cyborg thread out of this discussion and now it's here. Yay.

Marvel movies shallow?

Goodness, they have delivered some fantastically written character arcs over the last decade throughout a good few of their films.
If they’re not your style, that’s fine, but to blanket statement their films as shallow is simply inaccurate.

Marvel movies shallow?

Goodness, they have delivered some fantastically written character arcs over the last decade throughout a good few of their films.
If they’re not your style, that’s fine, but to blanket statement their films as shallow is simply inaccurate.
Definitely the first films up until infinity war were good. But I think he meant that phase 4 films weren't that great, and completely destroyed former characters like Thor and Hulk, making both into worthless fools who lost their edge and growth and ruined their stories. Or even making new characters who have no such growth or as are good to begin with, taking the place of the original heroes and already making it as though they are better then those who came before. I definitely think most marvel movies have dropped in quality. Say what you will about the snyder DC films they definitely aren't perfect and could have been better had the studio not gotten involved but the castings were definitely great. Saw The Flash today and I liked the film it's not my favorite DC film but I enjoyed it enough and I'm glad Ben, Henry, Gal, Jason, Ray were given their roles and they played them well. Even Erza in ZSJL and in this film gave good range in acting. I think had snyder been allowed before to finish his films with out so much interference and we got Flash now with all the context of the other films I'd be more satisfied with it ending properly and setting up the DCU.

Definitely the first films up until infinity war were good. But I think he meant that phase 4 films weren't that great, and completely destroyed former characters like Thor and Hulk, making both into worthless fools who lost their edge and growth and ruined their stories. Or even making new characters who have no such growth or as are good to begin with, taking the place of the original heroes and already making it as though they are better then those who came before. I definitely think most marvel movies have dropped in quality. Say what you will about the snyder DC films they definitely aren't perfect and could have been better had the studio not gotten involved but the castings were definitely great. Saw The Flash today and I liked the film it's not my favorite DC film but I enjoyed it enough and I'm glad Ben, Henry, Gal, Jason, Ray were given their roles and they played them well. Even Erza in ZSJL and in this film gave good range in acting. I think had snyder been allowed before to finish his films with out so much interference and we got Flash now with all the context of the other films I'd be more satisfied with it ending properly and setting up the DCU.
Phase 4 has been great for Spider Man and Guardians. I think Wakanda Forever also addressed some well written themes and fantastic acting. Being patchy across phase 4 hardly warrants Marvel being labeled “shallow”. Especially in comparison to the DCU over the last decade which has had a few highlights but mostly major misteps.

To each their own i guess.

Jokes aside, I’m not sure I understand you ridiculing the DC films as a defence for MCU. This isn’t whataboutism. The MCU unequivocally took a dive in quality when it comes to the writing and characters (also don’t think anyone ever said anything about the acting like you presumed), and it’s not a coincidence that such a large portion of the viewerbase dumped the franchise after Endgame. Spider-Man is an obvious exception to this rule because it’s a product the MCU won’t dare mess around with. They’ll take advantage of fans’ nostalgia to get it right (considering the excitement that grew exponentially when it was finally confirmed fan favourites like Dafoe and TibetTobey were returning) before they try throwing experimental directors and unknown writers into the mix, like with their other projects of late (Chloe Zhao, Jade Bartlett, etc.). Which is honestly great for the fans who it’s catering towards. But for all their other flicks which involve established characters, they’re (almost get the feeling it’s intentional) relying too heavily* on overextended character arcs and undoing a lot of their solid storytelling, which is extremely shallow and becoming grossly unoriginal.

*not to even mention the writer’s continued obsession with inserting campy one liners that detract all seriousness from every other interaction. Jesus.

Last edited:
Jokes aside, I’m not sure I understand you ridiculing the DC films as a defence for MCU. This isn’t whataboutism. The MCU unequivocally took a dive in quality when it comes to the writing and characters (also don’t think anyone ever said anything about the acting like you presumed), and it’s not a coincidence that such a large portion of the viewerbase dumped the franchise after Endgame. Spider-Man is an obvious exception to this rule because it’s a product the MCU won’t dare mess around with. They’ll take advantage of fans’ nostalgia to get it right (considering the excitement that grew exponentially when it was finally confirmed fan favourites like Dafoe and Tibet were returning) before they try throwing experimental directors and unknown writers into the mix, like with their other projects of late (Chloe Zhao, Jade Bartlett, etc.). Which is honestly great for the fans who it’s catering towards. But for all their other flicks which involve established characters, they’re (almost get the feeling it’s intentional) relying too heavily* on overextended character arcs and undoing a lot of their solid storytelling, which is extremely shallow and becoming grossly unoriginal.

*not to even mention the writer’s continued obsession with inserting campy one liners that detract all seriousness from every other interaction. Jesus.
:exactly: Well said.

I think it’s true that Marvel took a major hit after Endgame…

…I just don’t think the DCEU was ever all that great to begin with or that one really has anything to do with the other. Marvel stumbled badly after an extensive period of dominance DC couldn’t even begin to hope to achieve. It wasn’t just a Snyder thing; there is clearly a lot of blame to go around. But it just never got off the ground in a way to seriously rival what Marvel was doing.

Last edited:
All they need is Endgame II: The Revenge... "This time its personal." The movie beyond your imagination!

I think it’s true that Marvel took a major hit after Endgame…

…I just don’t think the DCEU was ever all that great to begin with or that one really has anything to do with the other. Marvel stumbled badly after an extensive period of dominance DC couldn’t even begin to hope to achieve. It wasn’t just a Snyder thing; there is clearly a lot of blame to go around. But it just never got off the ground in a way to seriously rival what Marvel was doing.
Agreed.

Even though I think this is his worst suit design, I'd say it looked better in the movie than HT translation of it into figure form.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but after watching the film, the bike's proportions looked more in line with what HT sculpted than the stunt version used for filming. I was worried that HT was cutting costs by shortening the bike, but the resemblance between screen and toy seems pretty good. Perhaps the longer bike was more practical when shooting the film, and the intention had always been to truncate it in post.
Thanks, that is good to know, my biggest reservation about getting this Hot Toys bike was that it is noticeably smaller than in the film. It would make me feel better about ordering it if the HT bike is in proportion with what is displayed on film.

That said, I still have to admit that I would prefer that the bike were made reflecting the size of the “stunt” version because size/bulk of that bike makes it a sort of over-the-top mauler of a bike I could imagine Batman riding.

Regardless these bike looks like a great release by Hot Toys, and I am buying one 😁

Even though I think this is his worst suit design, I'd say it looked better in the movie than HT translation of it into figure form.
I think a major part of that is the cut that HT made between the cowl & the cape, which is not only inaccurate but downright ugly.

Hopefully they fix that in the final product, and make him shed a few pounds because those thighs seem way too big for the figure's physique.

Thanks, that is good to know, my biggest reservation about getting this Hot Toys bike was that it is noticeably smaller than in the film. It would make me feel better about ordering it if the HT bike is in proportion with what is displayed on film.

That said, I still have to admit that I would prefer that the bike were made reflecting the size of the “stunt” version because size/bulk of that bike makes it a sort of over-the-top mauler of a bike I could imagine Batman riding.

Regardless these bike looks like a great release by Hot Toys, and I am buying one 😁
There was a third party bike already released. Not sure if it is bigger or not. Might want to google for that to hunt one down if size matters....:)

I think a major part of that is the cut that HT made between the cowl & the cape, which is not only inaccurate but downright ugly.

Hopefully they fix that in the final product, and make him shed a few pounds because those thighs seem way too big for the figure's physique.
Yep that's what I hate as well. Cowl looks like it was just plonked on over the cape. They could have at least filleted the edges or something on the cowl to blend it into the cape a bit.

Back