1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure and color looks great to me.

Attachments

• aviary-image-1697774152980.jpeg
    aviary-image-1697774152980.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Rory, I notice you have his finger outside the trigger guard. If you're having trouble convincing him to hold the gun, putting his finger in there helps. I found the finger jointson this one to be stiffer than my 2014 one (though that may just be age), and as a result I didn't have any trouble getting him to hold it--but I've also had plenty of practice with the 2014 version.

So I’ve got a chance to open it today and I have to say even though I was one of the originals who thought that people were over reacting with the color being not as accurate as it should be I have to say that I think I was wrong.

I do believe that this was supposed to be an apology RoboCop one, since it looks like Peter Weller. But in the prototype pictures, I think it actually looks a little bit too blue that feels like it might actually be accurate to RoboCop 2 … the actual figure looks a lot lighter and more silver than the prototype does the tone might actually be closer to RoboCop one however, I still feel it’s quite off and not a saturated or dark as it should be. And missing a couple of those pinkish hues in the recessed areas.

The other glaring problem from the original was that his skin tones way too dark. I’m happy to say that this time is perfect so there’s really no reason to own the original. It’s too silver and the skin is too dark ; this corrects both issues so it’s a no-brainer that this is the one to own. Having said that it’s still not perfect.

One thing that I think Im a lot more disappointed about this time than the first time that the figure came out was I really do feel that is aesthetically flawed. The gaps in the shoulders and legs are very very noticeable. In fact, it’s almost impossible to get a Natural pose that don’t show them. He doesn’t have nearly enough elbow articulation and is very restrictive. I also think that his legs are permanently in a bowl leg position and that his ankles just don’t seem like they’re quite natural enough and of course the issue that he can’t hold his gun
Well I’m happy to have an upgrade and I don’t miss the talking feature. It’s not quite the RoboCop that I would want or expect in 2023. I suspect it might be the best one we have for sometime but I think that even a third-party company could easily best this effort if they wanted to.

It’s just not quite as evolved as compared to some of the new iron man figures for example .

Last edited:
^ You bring up and interesting point. Why hasn't any 3rd party company taken a crack at any robocop figures? I mean there are other robocop figures to be sure. Neca, mcfarlane, medicom, but none in 1/6 scale except for HT.

For those having issues with the hand holding the gun, the joints are pretty much like what 1/60 Gundams have and you can rotate the thumb so it sits naturally and can hold the gun. I have no issues with mine and will post a closer pic of the hand once I get back home.
Regarding the color, yes, its subtle, but still good enough. I am very, very much happy with mine and hope it holds up for years.

For those having issues with the hand holding the gun, the joints are pretty much like what 1/60 Gundams have and you can rotate the thumb so it sits naturally and can hold the gun. I have no issues with mine and will post a closer pic of the hand once I get back home.
Regarding the color, yes, its subtle, but still good enough. I am very, very much happy with mine and hope it holds up for years.

Moving the thumb does help, but it’s still not possible to get the fingers to naturally wrap around the pistol handle. And even though the plastic version stays in better a slight bump or when moving or losing his arm the thing will fall right out, the original was exactly like this too.

I like the articulated fingers, it just needed an additional fixed trigger finger hand

If anyone wants to get rid of their jetpack please PM with a price! I'm looking for one to go in my display with the other Robocop figures... Thanks in advance!

Moving the thumb does help, but it’s still not possible to get the fingers to naturally wrap around the pistol handle. And even though the plastic version stays in better a slight bump or when moving or losing his arm the thing will fall right out, the original was exactly like this too.

I like the articulated fingers, it just needed an additional fixed trigger finger hand
Exaclty. Smooth plastic on smooth plastic just doesn’t grip well. There’s just no friction. That’s why I added some double sided tape, so it wouldn’t wobble when I moved the figure. It’s not that I don’t know how to use an articulated hand lol, it’s pretty self explanatory. I happen to have two attached to my body since birth.

Rory, I notice you have his finger outside the trigger guard. If you're having trouble convincing him to hold the gun, putting his finger in there helps. I found the finger jointson this one to be stiffer than my 2014 one (though that may just be age), and as a result I didn't have any trouble getting him to hold it--but I've also had plenty of practice with the 2014 version.
I know man. But I’m a stickler for detail, and you never ever hold a gun with your finger on the trigger unless you plan to fire it. So if his hand is at his hip, I keep his trigger finger out to look more believable. I know it’s neurotic, but there’s no shortage of that in 1/6 figure collecting, lol.

I definitely agree that it woild have been best to have a fixed weapon hand but yeah, we have to make due with what HT gave us. And sure they went lazy here without any improvements to the figure. A cash grab but I am happy to have bitten the bait as prob there wont be another Robo for a long time if ever.

I know man. But I’m a stickler for detail, and you never ever hold a gun with your finger on the trigger unless you plan to fire it. So if his hand is at his hip, I keep his trigger finger out to look more believable. I know it’s neurotic, but there’s no shortage of that in 1/6 figure collecting, lol.
Yeah, I figured that's why you had it that way. If it makes a difference, I don't think RoboCop is ever seen to utilize proper trigger discipline, lol. Perhaps one's headcanon can be that it's not necessary because his mechanical precision makes an accidental discharge virtually impossible, haha.
^ You bring up and interesting point. Why hasn't any 3rd party company taken a crack at any robocop figures? I mean there are other robocop figures to be sure. Neca, mcfarlane, medicom, but none in 1/6 scale except for HT.
Probably because it's custom molds top to bottom, which is the most expensive part of the process. It's a lot less expensive to put a fat suit and tailored clothes on a body made of generic parts. While we've seen ThreeZero do something equally complex in their 1/9th Iron Man line, there's a lot more demand for Iron Man--significantly defraying the production costs.

I'd pay a significant premium for an InArt version, but I don't think it's very likely.

You should be glad of the limited mobility as those clear joints holding the diecast limbs are already stressed at it is. I remember some posts of them breaking when posing. I have 3 of these and one of the head joints just decided to came off for no reason a couple of years ago, thankfully I was able to glue them back.
I didn't know that. Is it possible to swap out the joints with a more durable type?

I didn't know that. Is it possible to swap out the joints with a more durable type?
If someone 3D printed better ones to replace the translucent ones, sure. (EDIT: I forgot someone already did, vid below). Nowadays I don't pose my 3 Robos since there's a good chance those joints might fail. It's a critical engineering flaw with these Robo figures, ditto with the dome on those ED-209s.

If someone 3D printed better ones to replace the translucent ones, sure. (EDIT: I forgot someone already did, vid below). Nowadays I don't pose my 3 Robos since there's a good chance those joints might fail. It's a critical engineering flaw with these Robo figures, ditto with the dome on those ED-209s.

I managed to snag a brand new torso so I’m happy posing him knowing I’m future proofed for the inevitable broken joints at least 😁

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Mine arrived and and somehow it's a little underwhelming. I do love the color and finish. But there's gaps all over, in his wrists, hips, shoulders, etc, that you can see right through. Not to mention, as others have stated, it's pretty static. That and I had to use double sided tape to get that articulated hand to reliably carry the pistol.

View attachment 669923
Looks amazing.

Yeah, we need some of the bad guys from the first film. They are some of the most likeable bad guys in film history imo. Dick Jones, Boddicker, Emil and Joe

Hmm. Work just got a big 3D-printer a couple months ago - I think I'll ask the engineers if they could create some for me. My Robo doesn't come in 'til Monday but is it just the shoulder joints that are prone to breaking or does the neck and hip joint also subjected to breakage?

Back