1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant in regards to the poor finger design, making it hard to pose the gun. The weird shoulder design they went with that makes them stick out weird whenever you try to pose his arms outward. Stuff like that. I would kill to at least have proper trigger hands for the gun. I wish someone would make those. Maybe cast them from the old hot toys figure or maybe enterbay's?

Yeah, just look at what Peter Weller went through to move in that suit. Comparable to Keaton having to adjust his movements as Batman 89 because he couldn't turn his head.

The figure is straight up just like the "suit" being worn. Limited arm and leg movement. That's as dynamic as you're getting with Robocop.

The magic is in its presence on screen or in our case on our shelves. There's nothing done on screen you can't do with the figure - that is to say - not much.

Well it's Robocop. He is naturally limited by his design. I've always thought Hot Toys did extremely well to make him as posable as can be.
Yeah. The only issue is the rubber elbows limiting what poses he can be left in--otherwise, he can do what the suit can do.

If anyone is having trouble finding a good pose, your best bet is to look at the movie and try and capture Weller's physical performance.

F431629B-0F89-4A73-9B31-D22443A83E17.jpeg

DCB7EFB2-3073-4972-973B-09528D029553.jpeg

9AEAD826-58DB-47A7-B22A-A9A5194F9AAE.jpeg

He’s pretty awesome!

Last edited:
Mine arrived and and somehow it's a little underwhelming. I do love the color and finish. But there's gaps all over, in his wrists, hips, shoulders, etc, that you can see right through. Not to mention, as others have stated, it's pretty static. That and I had to use double sided tape to get that articulated hand to reliably carry the pistol.

IMG_1618.JPG

You should be glad of the limited mobility as those clear joints holding the diecast limbs are already stressed at it is. I remember some posts of them breaking when posing. I have 3 of these and one of the head joints just decided to came off for no reason a couple of years ago, thankfully I was able to glue them back.

Mine arrived and and somehow it's a little underwhelming. I do love the color and finish. But there's gaps all over, in his wrists, hips, shoulders, etc, that you can see right through. Not to mention, as others have stated, it's pretty static. That and I had to use double sided tape to get that articulated hand to reliably carry the pistol.

View attachment 669923
Despite your disappointment that's a lovely shot.

View attachment 669923
Man so many of these photos popping up and I'm just not seeing the improvement. It's just way too subtle of a bump up in color from the first release to warrant a purchase for me, unless of course you don't own the first one. Digging the clear simple stand you have. Is that the stoney one that's sold on Ebay?

I put this in one of my Apextime cases, wherein you can control the lighting conditions, and it looks fantastic. Even though the base colour needed to be a little darker, the difference in the paintjob compared to the Chromocop is night and day. As a lifelong Robo fan, that improved paint was worth the upgrade. It's a shame they struck with the glossy black finish, though, as fixing that would really elevate it.

While nothing HT produces will ever come close to a Ferrerr repaint (he even said himself it would be difficult to do on a mass-produced piece), it is a huge improvement over the original.

Man so many of these photos popping up and I'm just not seeing the improvement. It's just way too subtle of a bump up in color from the first release to warrant a purchase for me, unless of course you don't own the first one. Digging the clear simple stand you have. Is that the stoney one that's sold on Ebay?

Yeah it’s their crotch cradle attachment, but the acrylic rod and circle base are parts I buy on Amazon. The bigger circle base I use just has more space for the legs to spread out. I do use Stoney’s oval bases for other figs though.

I’ve never had any of HT’s other Robocop figs, so I couldn’t say with any experience if it’s a real upgrade or not. But overall I do like the figure despite its flaws. And since my studio isn’t blasted with light, the finish does come off pretty deep and rich.

IMG_1636.jpeg

Yeah it’s their crotch cradle attachment, but the acrylic rod and circle base are parts I buy on Amazon. The bigger circle base I use just has more space for the legs to spread out. I do use Stoney’s oval bases for other figs though.

I’ve never had any of HT’s other Robocop figs, so I couldn’t say with any experience if it’s a real upgrade or not. But overall I do like the figure despite its flaws. And since my studio isn’t blasted with light, the finish does come off pretty deep and rich.

View attachment 670066
Do you mind sharing the rod and base listing from Amazon? Digging the bigger look compared to stoney's smaller one.

Do you mind sharing the rod and base listing from Amazon? Digging the bigger look compared to stoney's smaller one.
Sure here’s the circle plate on Amazon. I used the 1/4” thick ones.

2 Pieces 1/4" Round Plexiglass Sheet, 6 Inch Diameter Clear Acrylic Circle, Round Cake Disk Acrylic Sheet, Plexiglass Table Top, Round Acrylic Backdrop https://a.co/d/82aBsaY

And I believe these were the rods.

Clear Acrylic Tubes | Rigid - 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD x 12" Long Tubes | Pack of 6 - Extruded Acrylic Round Tube/Pipe (1/8" wall thickness) - 6 Rigid Tubes https://a.co/d/3fAReZG

You’ll also need a plexiglass drill bit like this one, or the acrylic may chip and crack while drilling.

CRL 3/8" Plexiglass Drill Bit https://a.co/d/2XmrDy9

Back