1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like anyone that puts those faceplates in wrong and doesn't immediately recognize it doesn't deserve to own this figure and should have it taken away from them.
Man, finally somebody has said it. Every time I see this it pisses me off so much.. Most collectors put robo jn a **** boring pose that has no similarity to the film snd purs the stupid faceplate sitting so high on thr chin guard robo looks like hea going the "dat ass" face. Grown children with too much money and zero imagination not real fans.

HT has treated this license like crap. I remember being so excited that they revisited this license when they first teased robo and ed-209. I was way less excited when they actually released. That 2 pack was kinda of a special deal, i don't see them releasing it again unless they think there is hype for this license again. I mean this really was just a cheap cash in by HT, they have the license still and it uses the same molds/parts more or less from previous robo figures. Short of a robocop 2 version in full blue color and robocain i can't see them bothering after this. Kinda want to see inart take a crack at robocop, see how they do.

Last edited:
Another comparison from Virtual Devil. Even though the underlying silver is still way too bright, it's nothing compared to the original figure.

sdfgfd.JPG

HT has treated this license like crap. I remember being so excited that they revisited this license when they first teased robo and ed-209. I was way less excited when they actually released. That 2 pack was kinda of a special deal, i don't see them releasing it again unless they think there is hype for this license again. I mean this really was just a cheap cash in by HT, they have the license still and it uses the same molds/parts more or less from previous robo figures. Short of a robocop 2 version in full blue color and robocain i can't see them bothering after this. Kinda want to see inart take a crack at robocop, see how they do.
I don't mind the reuse of the same mold/parts because, at least for me, those were always excellent and hadn't dated. But that should have meant they had the budget to put maximum effort into getting the paint dead-on this time. It's improved insofar as the original bright silver was wildly inaccurate but it's still not correct. That's a bummer. Together with, as usual, them not listening to QC concerns about clear plastic joints and rubber parts.

^ Right? This figure could have been the ultimate apology for their other blunders with robo and ed209. They could have fixed all the issues and made serious improvements. Instead we got a side grade more than an upgrade. As you said the color is better, but not by much.

I keep coming back to this thread to convince myself it's worth getting this version, but I'm always walking away thinking "is it though?". I mean this isn't cheap for a 5% improvement in paint colour, but any improvement almost seems worth it after watching the recently released "RoboDoc".

Hot Toys didn't deserve this license. Wasted opportunities.

I'm not 100% committed to the idea but I'm wondering if applying dull clear coat would make an improvement to the armour. I should be getting mine from Kit today so I may test a small area and see what it looks like.

keep coming back to this thread to convince myself it's worth getting this version, but I'm always walking away thinking "is it though?".
Me to a tee. Oddly it's the plastic joints that's holding me back. I want something that will last close to a life time. I'll probably end up giving in but with it being on the fragile side, it'll sit in one pose and left in stone after that.

HT has treated this license like crap.
Have they? Sure, the rubber dome was a serious issue, and the colour on the MMS202 was bad--but other than those (admittedly major) issues, the RoboCop license did better than most non Disney licenses, and far better than one would reasonably expect today from a niche license like this. The MMS202, aside from the paint, is nearly perfect--and as a wholly custom piece, not inexpensive to execute, I'm sure. Then we got the BD figure, surely one of the best pieces HT has ever produced, with--in my opinion--their best headsculpt ever (and a highly complex one to produce, I imagine). Not to discount the seriousness of the rubber dome, but other than that the ED-209 figure is also an incredible piece. They also made a diorama and Murphy himself. Most non-Disney lines couldn't hope to get that depth. Hell, RoboCop did better than The Batman.

Sure, this figure is mostly re-used--but very little on the body could even be improved, and nobody wanted a Burke likeness anyway. The Jetpack and cannon are new, and they actually made a decent effort at addressing the paintjob, even if they didn't nail it (again). It's hard to say they treated the license like crap when they produced the second-best RoboCop action figure ever made. The only better posable figure out there is the Enterbay, and it's markedly worse on build quality, so even that's debatable.

I'm not 100% committed to the idea but I'm wondering if applying dull clear coat would make an improvement to the armour. I should be getting mine from Kit today so I may test a small area and see what it looks like.
I'm also curious what that might look like. So if you end up testing it, I'd like to see it. I have an airbrush with matte varnish and just waiting for my figure to arrive.

I'm also curious what that might look like. So if you end up testing it, I'd like to see it. I have an airbrush with matte varnish and just waiting for my figure to arrive.
Will do. I may need to wait for the newness factor to die down a little before doing that. I don't want to wreck it on the first day, lol. The paint job is an improvement for sure but it's not a grand slam. Reducing the sheen a bit may do the trick.

Have they? Sure, the rubber dome was a serious issue, and the colour on the MMS202 was bad--but other than those (admittedly major) issues, the RoboCop license did better than most non Disney licenses, and far better than one would reasonably expect today from a niche license like this. The MMS202, aside from the paint, is nearly perfect--and as a wholly custom piece, not inexpensive to execute, I'm sure. Then we got the BD figure, surely one of the best pieces HT has ever produced, with--in my opinion--their best headsculpt ever (and a highly complex one to produce, I imagine). Not to discount the seriousness of the rubber dome, but other than that the ED-209 figure is also an incredible piece. They also made a diorama and Murphy himself. Most non-Disney lines couldn't hope to get that depth. Hell, RoboCop did better than The Batman.

Sure, this figure is mostly re-used--but very little on the body could even be improved, and nobody wanted a Burke likeness anyway. The Jetpack and cannon are new, and they actually made a decent effort at addressing the paintjob, even if they didn't nail it (again). It's hard to say they treated the license like crap when they produced the second-best RoboCop action figure ever made. The only better posable figure out there is the Enterbay, and it's markedly worse on build quality, so even that's debatable.
You lost all credibility right here. Very little on the body could be improved? Except for you know: The rubber parts, the clear joints, overly shiny black sections, actual trigger hands for the gun to hold better. Just that stuff. Just to be clear i am going to try and get one of these if i can get waitlist converted. That's because it looks better than my awful chromocop version. Still wish HT had given a **** and made more improvements besides the suit finish color.

What kind of improvement are you looking for in particular? If you're trying to bring down the shine, then a dull clear coat will do just that.

Edit: oops, I didn't see your other post stating you wanted to reduce the sheen.

If you're wanting to tone down the brightness of the silver, I believe a couple of light coats of clear black or clear smoke with an airbrush will get the job done.

Last edited:
Back