1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, just realised. Was going to delete my post but you replied.

Btw, I wonder if his mouth plates are interchangeable with the one from batman dx19?

At this point it's futile to post more pics of RoboChrome 3 until a proper side-by-side comparison.

It definitely looks silver in SS’s video but just fine to me in Yunaitou’s pics. I’m not a RoboCop officianado so it would probably be more than acceptable for my shelf.

Sigh. Yeah Sideshow, so did MMS202. People are obsessed with ''hues'' like as though that's all it needs. The base color is wrong. It's way too bright. Look at the Dark Spidey repaints

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...epaint-robocop-2-colors-robocop-1-pg4.154558/
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...lors-robocop-1-pg4.154558/page-5#post-8631422
thats what it's supposed to look like. It should look like that in any lighting conditions, not just specific lighting that ''brings out the hues'' if you squint.

Here's another repaint side-by-side from Unreal Toys that I saw just today

View attachment 662028
That is an impressive repaint.

I think it looks good. If my waitlist converts I’m going to jump on it. I’d like a Robocop for the collection.

Am I the only one that sees this as way more blue and less gray than the first?

Also purple what? He’s not ******* purple in the first film. He’s not Barney… definitely had an iridescent bluish/magenta tint sure… but he’s not purple. Honestly I think the final product looks closer to the first film and better than the prototype

Not the only one, but it's gonna be a pretty small party, bud. :lol

View attachment 662027
Obviously, if this is how things look, that would be a huge improvement. But it's difficult to assess just exactly how the thing looks based on the wild variance in the available photos.

Dunno how many, if any filters are on this pic to make it look like that. A DSLR can bend reality quite a bit. Currently I don't see it looking like this.

Sigh. Yeah Sideshow, so did MMS202. People are obsessed with ''hues'' like as though that's all it needs. The base color is wrong. It's way too bright. Look at the Dark Spidey repaints

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...epaint-robocop-2-colors-robocop-1-pg4.154558/
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...lors-robocop-1-pg4.154558/page-5#post-8631422
thats what it's supposed to look like. It should look like that in any lighting conditions, not just specific lighting that ''brings out the hues'' if you squint.

Here's another repaint side-by-side from Unreal Toys that I saw just today

View attachment 662028

Exactly. It was supposed to look like this right away. You take it out: this is what you see and same as in the movie: in certain angles and perspectives, certain hues are stronger. But not that the overall thing is just plain silver.

I would also like to adress the term "Chromocop". He is actually not chrome either.
'Chrome' would mean that his whole survace would be a perfect mirror-y silver.
And it's just not. The term is funny, but frankly, it's incorrect. :lol :lecture

Last edited:
I went to pick up my Robo today, I will do a side by side comparison of R1 and R3 later
Here are some photos I took in the store. My camera did not capture the color very well, It's definitely more purple-blue.I think it looks more like R1 than R2 or R3, it doesn't look like the one in the ss video either

Robo_01.jpeg
Robo_02.jpeg

Thanks for that. So he's still way too bright, but more colourful. Decisions, decisions.

I think i will get this after all after seeing this. Now i can talk about something else. Things i wished hot toys had done to improve upon the 1.0:
Tone down the gloss on the black part, gave use trigger hands, included the unmasked head with it.

Thanks for that. So he's still way too bright, but more colourful. Decisions, decisions.
That's why I said in my last post that it was difficult to capture the actual look, I took a few photos and the brightness in the photos was still much brighter than the actual product. In fact it is darker. By the way, I just changed the lights in my room to 6000k LEDs a few days ago, which also affects the brightness.

Anyway, don't trust any photos on the web, no one has captured the real look very well so far. including mine ;)

Well I must admit after the Sideshow video I was convinced that it was identically colored to the MMS202, on this new evidence it is not. It's an improvement I would now say, although not all the way towards what I would have wanted...
That SS video is completely misleading people into not buying or canceling their orders. don't know why they didn't see the problem

Back