1/6 Hot Toys - Robocop 3 - Robocop Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What difficulties? I’m not up to speed quite yet…
He dropped his partnership with Toys Wonderland and I'm not sure he's said where he'll be getting his figures from now on, but he hasn't done a figure review since Boba Fett eleven days ago and he typically reviews every single Hot Toys release. Since Boba Fett, Hot Toys has released Kate Bishop, Doc Ock, C-3PO and Robocop.

^ Yup. It's green with purple hues and some blue. It's not god damn silver stupid hot toys. :hammerhead:
In all fairness to Hot Toys, we're not looking at their 1/6 figure through a motion picture film camera in hand. So they can't very well get away with the same photo reactive paint trick as the screen used suit, or we'd all be looking at a green robot in hand. The whole point of the film's effects team using the photo reactive paints was so it would look like a neutral metallic with an iridescent sheen when filmed and graded.

No it’s not. It tries to be and fails. But it’s a great film compared to 3 :)

This thread may have been posted before, and covers a lot of specifics about the various colors of the suit.

That very well may be is, quite honestly though, not our problem.
HT advertised a R1 accurate paintjob and didn't deliver.

If they can't procure, what they announce, then a counter-announcement would've been in order.
They didn't + they let everybody believe this is what will be delivered = false advertisement.

And let us be clear: they COULD HAVE done it. Painting gunmetal with tints is not rocket science.

2007 ish and 2023 release

Attachments

• IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Threezero's RoboCop 2014 is a disaster
Just like the film 😄

To be fair, I quite liked it. I wouldn’t have called it Robocop though - I get it, the association etc, it should have been more like “Injured-Man-Robot-Suit-Bloke” or something else catchy.

Am I the only one that sees this as way more blue and less gray than the first?

Also purple what? He’s not ******* purple in the first film. He’s not Barney… definitely had an iridescent bluish/magenta tint sure… but he’s not purple. Honestly I think the final product looks closer to the first film and better than the prototype

Last edited:
I'm still holding out some hope... even Sideshow commented on their own video. The thumbnail image definitely looks darker than the unboxing. Here is the comment:

Pinned by Sideshow Collectibles

@CollectSideshow

8 hours ago
This Hot Toys Robocop figure does have visible blue and purple highlights over the chrome finish. It was difficult to capture these details with our studio lighting but rest assured the figure is not monotone chrome. You can reference the thumbnail of this video for a more accurate look at this figure's finish. Thanks for watching and letting us know your concerns!

1694567866924.png

Obviously, if this is how things look, that would be a huge improvement. But it's difficult to assess just exactly how the thing looks based on the wild variance in the available photos.

I'm still holding out some hope... even Sideshow commented on their own video:

Pinned by Sideshow Collectibles

@CollectSideshow

8 hours ago
This Hot Toys Robocop figure does have visible blue and purple highlights over the chrome finish. It was difficult to capture these details with our studio lighting but rest assured the figure is not monotone chrome. You can reference the thumbnail of this video for a more accurate look at this figure's finish. Thanks for watching and letting us know your concerns!
Sigh. Yeah Sideshow, so did MMS202. People are obsessed with ''hues'' like as though that's all it needs. The base color is wrong. It's way too bright. Look at the Dark Spidey repaints

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...epaint-robocop-2-colors-robocop-1-pg4.154558/
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...lors-robocop-1-pg4.154558/page-5#post-8631422
thats what it's supposed to look like. It should look like that in any lighting conditions, not just specific lighting that ''brings out the hues'' if you squint.

Here's another repaint side-by-side from Unreal Toys that I saw just today

378086704_790723919723065_7145565168085534868_n.jpg

Back