1/6 Hot Toys - Prey - Feral Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably around 7’2”. The actor is 6’9” but with the extra added height from the suit, it’s definitely over 7’ tall.
Yeah he's one of the shorter Pred actors I think. But as you say, the suit will add a lot to the height. Especially as his head is in the neck and the creatures head is on top of that.

I wonder how well this will sell at that price.
The movie was well received but I see a lot of people online saying they hate the design.
Those who don't care so much about the design or think it's cool and don't care he doesn't look like a proper Predator probably aren't big enough fans/hardcore fans to spend that much on this figure.
And I suspect the more hardcore Pred fans who'd spend that much on a Predator figure probably won't want to spend the much on this particular Predator (though probably would if this was Jungle Hunter)

I'm guessing there will be a good price drop for this guy once he releases in HK (2-3 months after) because of the price point . Wait it out if you're willing to bargain on that.

it's expansive, cost nearly as much as ROTJ bike & scout set.
I feel like it comes with a decent amount of accessories. Price is high though I agree. Although Kit is probably a bit more in comparison but also doesn’t charge tax and shipping is built into the price.
KGHobby’s price is $365 before tax/shipping. Well under $400 but still high I think. I get that he’s a tall figure but so is She-Hulk who was $300. The paintwork here is quite intricate so perhaps that’s a factor in cost.

Yeah I think they should be at an updated point now to where seams like this aren't a thing.

As far as the design, this is genuinely my 1st time seeing this iteration of Yautja look and boy am I not a fan of that face. For me, displaying them w/out a mask on at times isn't an option it's a necessity & so far I can't take that thing seriously at 1st 2nd or 3rd glance. I'm sorry (or should I be?), granted I'm by no means a creature design expert but I think original as well as AVP designs of their face far exceed this. This was a negative "wow" for me at 1st siting of the face.

Now I haven't seen the movie (thought I heard it was a show), but if you say this Hunter acted completely stupid, then that's unfortunate.
It's a really good movie. You should definitely give it a go asap

Yeah he's one of the shorter Pred actors I think. But as you say, the suit will add a lot to the height. Especially as his head is in the neck and the creatures head is on top of that.

I wonder how well this will sell at that price.
The movie was well received but I see a lot of people online saying they hate the design.
Those who don't care so much about the design or think it's cool and don't care he doesn't look like a proper Predator probably aren't big enough fans/hardcore fans to spend that much on this figure.
And I suspect the more hardcore Pred fans who'd spend that much on a Predator figure probably won't want to spend the much on this particular Predator (though probably would if this was Jungle Hunter)
In other words, so divisive that both hard-core & non hard-core Alien/Predator fans won't come out in droves to buy it.

I'll admit, I'm not a hard-core fan as I don't consume everything Predator. Like the recent Marvel Comics or even this movie yet as you know. However, I still have interest in franchise. Other admission: I've returned yet again to thread other than to just like a reply to me. So clearly it's latched on to me in some form. Think it has to do with fact now it kind of looks like a Sangheli from Halo.

Seeing that someone has posted before taxes price, $365, I have to say after all of our discussions, I'll move this to light consideration. It's very light considering there's still a mid body seam.

It is really good. And I've never heard the complaint that the hunter acted stupid before, nor did I get that impression myself.
He was tricked into chopping off his own arm and was killed by shooting himself in the head.
His only tactic was to charge in everytime. He sustained so many wounds during the movie because he was such an idiot.

it kind of looks like a Sangheli from Halo.
Just highlights how the creature in Prey wasn't a Predator.
The design was so far removed from other examples of the Predator species from all the other movies.
The hugely different face. The different dreads. The mandibles. The hands.
The vastly different long necked and hunched forward posture. The tiny head.
I could buy he shared a common ancestor with real Predators millions of years ago but now they're only distantly related.
Or he's from a neighbouring planet in the same system and they shared a common ancestor, but this thing is so different, he can't be considered a Predator.
He looks like a Sangheli from Halo. Though I had no idea what that was and had to Google "Halo".
Feral is a cool creature design but it's not a Predator.

Also, yes, the body seam is hideous.

Just highlights how the creature in Prey wasn't a Predator.
The design was so far removed from other examples of the Predator species from all the other movies.
The hugely different face. The different dreads. The mandibles. The hands.
The vastly different long necked and hunched forward posture. The tiny head.
I could buy he shared a common ancestor with real Predators millions of years ago but now they're only distantly related.
Or he's from a neighbouring planet in the same system and they shared a common ancestor, but this thing is so different, he can't be considered a Predator.
He looks like a Sangheli from Halo. Though I had no idea what that was and had to Google "Halo".

Also, yes, the body seam is hideous.
Yeah that's what gets me. They're so widely known for their dramatic face reveals but this reveal kills the vibe if I were to see it as movie without being told or seeing anything ahead of time.

He was tricked into chopping off his own arm and was killed by shooting himself in the head.
His only tactic was to charge in everytime. He sustained so many wounds during the movie because he was such an idiot.

Also thank you for just putting it in. 1st: come again?! You can't be serious! I need to look up a clip of this on YouTube right now. That doesn't spell great Pred film really.

2nd: Can we say Predator universe has a chance anymore? I don't even see the movie, The Predator, talked about anymore. Not to mention did Hot Toys ever release that Predator that was being experimented on that had the sort of black/gold stripped mask? It's been so long since announcement & talk of movie I can't remember.

Can we say Predator universe has a chance anymore? I don't even see the movie, The Predator, talked about anymore.
I think it does. Prey performed extremely well on Hulu. No one talks about The Predator anymore because it's a godawful movie and nearly destroyed the franchise.

The creature in Prey isn't very smart, but at least the film is well-made and respects Predator lore. 2018's The Predator, on the other hand, is an insult to the fandom. I'm still not convinced it wasn't a sarcastic attempt to devalue the property from within.

I think it does. Prey performed extremely well on Hulu. No one talks about The Predator anymore because it's a godawful movie and nearly destroyed the franchise.

The creature in Prey isn't very smart, but at least the film is well-made and respects Predator lore. 2018's The Predator, on the other hand, is an insult to the fandom. I'm still not convinced it wasn't a sarcastic attempt to devalue the property from within.
Same I didn't see The Predator in theaters, just looked at clips and had the same thoughts. The most disrespect was that super one, with it not basically operating off of the strength of its own race. Taking DNA from other species and infusing them with its own right? That isn't a Yautja from all of the prior films & small content I've seen.

Ok? I mean of course he eventually was outsmarted and met his demise by the hands of the protagonist, as is the case with every Predator film ever. That doesn't make him an idiot, it just makes the hero a little more clever. Or did you think the Predator was going to be victorious in the end? 🤪

Dude killed like dozens along the way though in very satisfying ways.

No offense but speak for yourself. I have seen the Predator collecting community get very excited for this release.

Sure there are some fans that had a problem with the face (me included), but the majority of hardcore fans enjoyed the movie overall and the design of this guy. Plus people who collects 1/6, HT Preds have been starving for a new release since Wolf, which was 5 years ago atp.

No offense but speak for yourself. I have seen the Predator collecting community get very excited for this release.

Sure there are some fans that had a problem with the face (me included), but the majority of hardcore fans enjoyed the movie overall and the design of this guy. Plus people who collects 1/6, HT Preds have been starving for a new release since Wolf, which was 5 years ago atp.
I'm not trying to be funny here (and I may be wrong) however I've not interacted with any 'hardcore' Predator fan who liked the design of Feral - I'm mainly referring to the face design here as based on that, Feral is Predator in name only.

Alright I've seen the clips now to verify. Basically someone put an amalgamation of all the kill highlights of the Pred and showcased the "protagonist".

For those that already replying "well ofcourse the Predator got outsmarted in the end by the hero, like every prior adaptation!" For starters, prior adaptations had protagonists that were trained in combat in one form or another that usually had a job where that was required as in being aware of the surroundings, learning who/what to look out for, adapting quickly to environment/foe (the Pred) etc. This girl got caught more than once, got beat up by tribe, then by the trappers, & 1st scene was about to be eaten up by a bear after almost getting swallowed up by a bog........the dog was more useful.

Also, like one of those cliché syfy channel movies to a degree they portrayed the main character's race as a "sup bro" mentality & the men mistreated a girl. Usually Natives have a high honor & practices to follow of how they treat fellow tribesmen/women from history reading. In essence they portrayed them wrong plus the acting. While it had great effects, no wonder it's only on Hulu.

The Pred itself. Outsmarted? Think that's an overstatement from what others are saying here. Like you said all it did was belligerently charge in. It lost to a child that could barely save their own be-hind. Yeah it recklessly swung at it's own arm with shield but to add the most insult to injury it actually forgot its own weapons systems are still operating off of its mask's targeting system...........while it had satisfying kills........it was stupid.

At this point I think it only did well cause for those hungry for actual Predator content after not having anything since AVPR (?) since many consider The Predator movie a disgrace, thats why it was accepted. Maybe like you said since its face design was vastly different from usual Yautja looks, they could've done expansive lore route:

Say this is like a distant relative to them on a neighboring planet, a small sect of the yautja race co-mingled with another species. With that being the case, they don't have the same amount of high pride of the typical thought process of "Yautja's only, everything else mostly prey, with minute exception at times of someone proving themselves extremely strong" so it's more "accepting" of others it kept saving her from bad men basically so the honor is there. Only killed her seemingly only friend due to him actually challenging it to fighting to death. Offer it acceptance into their tribe teach it Native American way of life, call it a day.

The Predator is bottom of the barrel. The worst of any film featuring a Predator.

Even from the opening minute you can tell Prey is head and shoulders above The Predator. Whilst Prey as a film and Feral as a Predator aren't without their issues, it's a worthy addition to the franchise.

Saying that, I would still welcome a different creative team for the next Predator film. Still hoping to see another 'classic' design however I feel those days are over. The design of the Predator appears to be so far removed from what we got in 1987. :crying

I'm not trying to be funny here (and I may be wrong) however I've not interacted with any 'hardcore' Predator fan who liked the design of Feral - I'm mainly referring to the face design here as based on that, Feral is Predator in name only.
I suspect if we weren't all clamoring for a Jungle Hunter 2.0 that is years overdue, us old Predator fans may be more receptive to this new unique take, in terms of something we'd want on our shelves.

I suspect if we weren't all clamoring for a Jungle Hunter 2.0 that is years overdue, us old Predator fans may be more receptive to this new unique take, in terms of something we'd want on our shelves.
Yep, you're most likely right. :lol It appears Hot Toys have done a good job with Feral. We just want to see that on an updated Jungle Hunter. :gah:

Alright I've seen the clips now to verify. Basically someone put an amalgamation of all the kill highlights of the Pred and showcased the "protagonist".

For those that already replying "well ofcourse the Predator got outsmarted in the end by the hero, like every prior adaptation!" For starters, prior adaptations had protagonists that were trained in combat in one form or another that usually had a job where that was required as in being aware of the surroundings, learning who/what to look out for, adapting quickly to environment/foe (the Pred) etc. This girl got caught more than once, got beat up by tribe, then by the trappers, & 1st scene was about to be eaten up by a bear after almost getting swallowed up by a bog........the dog was more useful.

Also, like one of those cliché syfy channel movies to a degree they portrayed the main character's race as a "sup bro" mentality & the men mistreated a girl. Usually Natives have a high honor & practices to follow of how they treat fellow tribesmen/women from history reading. In essence they portrayed them wrong plus the acting. While it had great effects, no wonder it's only on Hulu.

The Pred itself. Outsmarted? Think that's an overstatement from what others are saying here. Like you said all it did was belligerently charge in. It lost to a child that could barely save their own be-hind. Yeah it recklessly swung at it's own arm with shield but to add the most insult to injury it actually forgot its own weapons systems are still operating off of its mask's targeting system...........while it had satisfying kills........it was stupid.

At this point I think it only did well cause for those hungry for actual Predator content after not having anything since AVPR (?) since many consider The Predator movie a disgrace, thats why it was accepted. Maybe like you said since its face design was vastly different from usual Yautja looks, they could've done expansive lore route:

Say this is like a distant relative to them on a neighboring planet, a small sect of the yautja race co-mingled with another species. With that being the case, they don't have the same amount of high pride of the typical thought process of "Yautja's only, everything else mostly prey, with minute exception at times of someone proving themselves extremely strong" so it's more "accepting" of others it kept saving her from bad men basically so the honor is there. Only killed her seemingly only friend due to him actually challenging it to fighting to death. Offer it acceptance into their tribe teach it Native American way of life, call it a day.

Naru outsmarted the Predator after barely surviving previous encounters by observing its weaknesses re sight/heat and the like, luring it into a field of play she knew and could control and won through ingenuity, stealth and using the size of the Predator against itself - exactly like Dutch.

Or was the original movie now retroactively ruined because Dutch only found out about the mud camouflage through sheer luck? Was the original Predator an idiot for recklessly removing its mask and weapons and fighting Dutch 1v1 - what an idiot! Why would he follow Dutch to what clearly was a trap? Lazy marty stu writing! How did Dutch survive that final explosion? ******** male power fantasy!
Was Harrigan a marty stu because he could defeat his Predator through 1v1 combat? Afterall he is by no definition a trained soldier?
You see how everything you said is just double standards right?
Naru does exactly what Dutch does and wins just like Dutch, so why is it okay for him but an insult and stupid when she does it?

After all Naru has more day to day survival skills than any other protagonist in the franchise, this isnt a profession - its her life. Do we think Dutch hunts to feed himself? Do we think he uses the bow and arrow every day? If these things are acceptable for him why not for her? She has better built in reason to be a more seasoned survivalist.
So the problem is that Naru had a character arc? Grew to understand she COULDN'T just charge in and beat foes bigger and stronger than her [like the tribesmen, the colonists or the bear] and learned to use being underestimated to turn an opponents own strength against them. If she was instantly perfect from the beginning you would drag her, and now your dragging her for having growth - choose an end of the stick to beat the dead horse with.

"The Predator let itself be harmed by its own weapons" - firstly that seems like a willful misrepresentation of the scene, she jammed its mechanism and used the Predators own momentum against it [by yielding her space rather than fighting a stronger/bigger opponent as she learnt from her encounters with stronger opponents in the movie] meaning it lurched forward into its own space, allowing her to remove the jam and causing the shield to close with severing force = a force she witnessed several times in the colonist massacre. And again we are applying double standards here - Harrigan picked up TONNES of the Predator's weapons to use against it - why did the City Hunter leave its discuss, spear, and projectile just lying around for Harrigan to pick up and use to cut off its hand and stab it? Aren't they meant to destroy evidence of their presence? That seems like a far more stupid scenario compared to what we see in Prey.
As for the shooting itself bit - yeah, this could well be seen as a "stupid" moment, but considering said Predator had lost an arm, a mandible, been shot in the back of the head, been stabbed in numerous places, and was trapped in quicksand at this point - maybe we can forgive it being consumed enough by the desire to kill Naru that it didnt realize its tracking system was aimed at its own head. Still any critiques of this element at least have some merit.

Also is there any real need to call Naru a "child who could barely save her own behind" - her actress is 26 and she performs about as well as anyone could ever hope to vs a Predator, a camp of murderous colonists, a whole group of men at once and a goddamn bear. Surviving is the feat.
Again if she flawlessly conquered these obstacles you'd [rightly] call her a Mary Sue so why attack the character for having an arc - pick a lane.

Last edited:
Back