1/6 Hot Toys - MMS647 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Shiny Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how HT’s repetitiveness with Marvel drove you away and now their repetitiveness with clones has brought you back.

Clones are a great looking bunch though. If I had more space I’d be more committed to them.
Right now I’m basically thinking I’ll get one of every colour scheme if my budget allows for it but they’ll be amongst the first figures to go when I’m truly out of room.

I was thinking the same thing when they posted that. But I guess with fewer Clone figures currently out than some Marvel characters have gotten, it still doesn't feel as repetitive. Hot Toys has been relatively careful about that. And Clone fans separate Clones very clearly by character so that helps.

Clones and Stormtroopers would probably be the only figures I could never get rid of if I ever decided to not collect 1:6 any more personally, but I understand why they'd be first to go for others.

… this just apparently went low stock and waitlisted on sideshow within the past hour

Some of these figures that are up for pre-order and then go to waitlist are starting to get irritating. Wish there was a better way of knowing or just give an ordering window if they’re truly going to be limited.
exactly, this is frustrating whether it comes back in stock or not.

exactly, this is frustrating whether it comes back in stock or not.
It truly is pretty annoying. I get why from the stance of Hot Toys and Sideshow so there’s not a bunch of stock not selling, but it’s like be transparent about it.

If there’s going to be a smaller batch say that upfront so people know and like I suggested give an ordering window. That way if we miss out it’s on us.

As is it’s like a guessing game. Some figures go up for pre-order and stay available to order up until release, and then others sell out far before release.

I gotta call bull on that one.

Do I think future figures will be produced in smaller numbers? Absolutely.

They don’t want to hang onto these for a year+ and have to 20-30% or BOGO them out the door.

It’s reminiscent of the Rogue One figures being shorted after the TFA figures flopped, though not nearly as bad of course.

But I think some of these will come into stock. The slightly more niche ones, maybe not. But something like this? Yeah.

That said… If there’s still somewhere for you to preorder them, I would just to be safe.

For those worrying...don't.

No way this army builder, that might be built larger then the 501st clones, is going to pre-sell out 6-8 months before we see him, Sideshow is just being scummy, don't fall for it. No clones will pre-sell out.

1671184493202.png

This is bad for future sales. Don't like this at all. Cheaping out. Just because you made way too much stock for earlier releases, you cut off most pre-orders early to lower warehouse stock. Don't think this is the way to go. But whatever, I'm no McKinsey consultant so can't say if this is good or bad for business.

EDIT: too much irrelevant and unnecessary slurs removed. Sideshow, do as you wish. Not economically sustainable to carry high amount of inventory.

Last edited:
Well…if this turns out to be BS and a underhanded attempt at bumping up sales by using the FOMO, It will look really bad for SS. If you want to pull a stunt like that in the middle of summer, knock yourself out, but if it is a ploy, a week and a half before Christmas in a year where inflation is wreaking havoc on peoples budgets from everything including fuel to groceries, then there will be some folks who will have long memories of it. Just saying…

Back